4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

85 4Runner: Attempted Build

Old 05-31-2013, 04:07 PM   #122
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
I have been looking at the opening under the radio as well. I do use that spot for my iPod, cigs, dip, etc though cause there aren't any other places to put things. The center console is a joke as you know.

I'm really bummed I didn't wheel Saturday. I'm glad I left though because I would have been miserable. I was one stop light away from puking in my lap once or twice. I'm gonna try and sneak a weekend in to wheel again. Where would you wanna go?

I have been debating not getting hi-steer and here is why. I am going to keep this rig as low as possible. I can live with the way it handles now, I just gotta wait and see what it is like off road before I make any final decisions. Hi-steer is expensive and for what I will have spent getting that setup, I could save for triple sticks or gears, lockers and tires.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:43 PM   #123
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
i want this runner
Old 05-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #124
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
You should be able to fit hi-steer just fine with your current lift. You might need a flat pitman arm to get the drag link up high enough. Pre-IFS Toyota frames have more arch in the front frame rails so hi-steer will work with only 2" of lift. RUF swap!

I was invited to URE next Saturday (the 8th). I'm trying to go to Windrock June 27th, and Potts Mountain at the end of July. We should try to get down to Gulches at some point.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:01 PM   #125
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
i want this runner
You no can haz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
You should be able to fit hi-steer just fine with your current lift. You might need a flat pitman arm to get the drag link up high enough. Pre-IFS Toyota frames have more arch in the front frame rails so hi-steer will work with only 2" of lift. RUF swap!

I was invited to URE next Saturday (the 8th). I'm trying to go to Windrock June 27th, and Potts Mountain at the end of July. We should try to get down to Gulches at some point.
The only thing with RUFF and Chevy's is finding all the right parts lol so many components! But it is between that or TG if I do anything.

Man I hate you. Getting time off if like pulling teeth. My off days are Monday and Tuesday
Old 08-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #126
Stop staring at me swan!

Finally got the rest of my parts from Addicted Offroad. It took way longer than it should have for several different reasons, but I'm just happy I finally have the parts.

Hopefully I will get some time to install soon. School starts back next week and work hasn't slowed down a bit so even less free time than I have now. Joy.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #127
Stop staring at me swan!

I went to Beasley Knob this past Saturday with my uncle. I realized I really need a locker and some M/Ts, but I made it up all the trails expect for one climb where I could not get any traction at the top.

Here is the climb I couldn't bump up at the top. I couldn't find any traction for the rear so I had to get pulled up at the top.

Hmm...something here looks familiar.

Some poser shots.

My uncle just had to beat the hell out of my FJ while I watched in terror.

This weekend I'll be at URE for the Olde North State Cruisers Logan's Run. Can't wait should be a great trip! It doesn't look like I'll have time to get my sliders and bumper on before the run though, oh well.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #128
Stop staring at me swan!

I dunno if anyone even bothers to read this shit but oh well.

My slave cylinder exploded leaving camp while I was at Logan's Run with ONSC. Replaced that and the clutch seemed more responsive (obviously) but it still didn't feel right. Today I did a little maintenance and checked for cracks and leaks (and didn't find any thankfully).

Now that is some clean looking clutch fluid!

I also drained the coolant and I found some interesting things. For starters, the P/O used pre-mixed pink shit for Asian vehicles which was a nice surprise. After I filled it back up and buttoned everything up and let it run for a bit, I noticed that the coolant doesn't really circulate a lot. It gets hot and the upper radiator hose gets hot as well as the hoses that run from the block to the heater core so I know it is flowing well and the thermostat is open. Drove it around and checked my levels and it looked fine and the temp gauge was in the normal operating range. Nothing blew up so I guess I'm good.

I've done other things and stuff but I'll update that shizz later.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:15 AM   #130
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
I got unsubbed for some reason. Hope I can help contribute to this build soon
And the same to you. I've been talking with Max Yota about hooking my suspension up...

I noticed when I was replacing my draining my coolant last weekend that my upper radiator hose didn't look in very good shape. I noticed there was a decent size puddle of coolant on the concrete directly under the upper hose. Today I picked up a replacement from NAPA and swapped it out.

You can see where the hose was starting to sweat from the inside out. It was leaking coolant onto the fan which was throwing it all over the engine bay, making it look way worse than it was (I still had plenty of coolant).

When I was taking the upper off the radiator, I noticed that it was no longer welded to the mount.

I dunno if these can be rewelded or not...
Old 03-05-2014, 04:03 PM   #132
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
My rad bracket did the same thing
JB Weld? Duct tape?
Old 03-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #134
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
Fuck yea JB weld. That shit is awesome, worth a shot I guess.
That's what I'm thinking. It looks like if I have to replace the radiator the bracket it is attached to comes out with it. I mean it has to be better than it knocking around.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:43 PM   #135
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Really nice truck, man! Dang I want one of these 4runner's so badly...
Old 03-08-2014, 09:47 AM   #136
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
Really nice truck, man! Dang I want one of these 4runner's so badly...
Thanks dude! It's a work in progress...

Speaking of progress...

I should have some pimpin parts waiting for me when I get back from spring break...

Old 03-18-2014, 08:41 AM   #137
Stop staring at me swan!

I am thinking about keeping the front fenders black. I might clean them up a bit then hit them with some clear coat. I'm thinking about sticker bombing them or something. Maybe some crazy spray paint job?
Old 03-18-2014, 08:59 AM   #139
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
Sounds pretty cool
What stikarz?

Or some drunken painting spree?