4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

Zak's 03 limited build thread

Old 09-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
money pit
zopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Zak
zopperman's Tacoma Gallery
Zak's 03 limited build thread

So I figured I've done enough mods at this point that I can start my own build thread. I bought my truck 3 years ago, but just really started changing it around. Here's what I have so far:

EXTERIOR:
TRD 16" FJ Wheels
20% Tint all around
Vent Visors
5000k HID fog/low
Black projector halo headlights (retrofit in progress)
Blacked out LED tails & rear bumper lenses
Fog light mod
TRD offroad decals
Custom satoshi Grille
Shrockworks bolt on sliders
Working on blacked out fogs

PERFORMANCE & OUTFITTING:
HCF delete
AFE pro dry filter
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-ge...roof-rack.html
Midland CB-1 w/ 3' firestik - http://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-ge...ss-pocket.html
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-ge...air-cheap.html

SUSPENSION:
Daystar 2.5/1.5 (5100s & Eibach springs on order as of 12/5)
Sway Bar Bushing upgrade (Will be ditched with new springs)
FJ Coils
265/75/16 GY Duratracs
SPC LR UCA
Spidertraxx

Interior:
Dual USB switch blank mod
(http://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-ge...tch-blank.html)
HVAC/Switches blue/white LED conversion
Radar detector remote hard wired in switch blank
Alpine HU with blue display and bluetooth mic mounted in the headliner
Alpine 3 way type S 6x9 in front doors, Alpine 2 way's in the rear doors
Audiobahn tweeters
JL sub/amp combo
3.5" center channel infinity reference speaker mod
Weather tech mats
Remote start system
Interior LEDs
Blue/white LED gauge swap
white puddle lights on the bottom of the doors

Old 12-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #3
money pit
zopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Is this a cue for me to update?

Old 12-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #4
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work man
Old 12-06-2013, 06:35 AM   #5
money pit

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
Nice work man
Thanks man.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:12 AM   #6
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Now you just gotta do something about those plastic bumpers...
Old 12-06-2013, 07:14 AM   #7
money pit

EMS:
Quote:
Now you just gotta do something about those plastic bumpers...
My rear bumper is f'd up, I just can't just the 1800+ it would cost for a CBI, which I don't even like that much... The aftermarket rear bumper world for us sucks
Old 12-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #8

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
You should mount a hi lift on your roof rack...

Old 12-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #9
money pit

EMS:
Quote:
You should mount a hi lift on your roof rack...

I thought about that. I don't know how I'd do it. I have some huge quick fist clamps I was thinking of bolting through the cross bars. I don't want a basket or anything
Old 02-20-2014, 06:44 AM   #11
money pit

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Updates...
idk whats on here and whats not -

Ordered SW 3 hoop bumper with 30" single row light bar, engo 9000s winch

its been cold lately so I havent been able to get much done

Added CBI ditch lights

working on some reverse/anti tailgating lights

working on retrofit

Old 02-20-2014, 06:47 AM   #12
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
SW? never heard of that brand. Pics

If something ever happened to my truck... V8 T4R here i come..
Old 02-20-2014, 06:54 AM   #13
money pit

EMS:
Quote:
SW? never heard of that brand. Pics

If something ever happened to my truck... V8 T4R here i come..
*Shrockworks haha sorry, I'm lazy. The v8 is great, but I would definitely prefer to have the VVTI - I noticed mine is a little sluggish since the tires

Here's a link to the bumper

http://shrockworks.com/Toyota-4Runne...-pr-16148.html

I got it via a GB so the lead times are a little longer, I'll have it in June.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:00 AM   #14
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zopperman View Post
*Shrockworks haha sorry, I'm lazy. The v8 is great, but I would definitely prefer to have the VVTI - I noticed mine is a little sluggish since the tires

Here's a link to the bumper

http://shrockworks.com/Toyota-4Runne...-pr-16148.html

I got it via a GB so the lead times are a little longer, I'll have it in June.
AHh i know that brand now.. It looks good man! I'll my new armor in May.

The V8 is sluggish?
Old 02-20-2014, 07:06 AM   #15
money pit

EMS:
Quote:
AHh i know that brand now.. It looks good man! I'll my new armor in May.

The V8 is sluggish?
Yeah, it may be a pre VVTI thing or the fact that I need to do spark plugs, and clean the MAF and TB