4Running Daily's 96 4Runner Build

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 4Runner Builds

Notices

Project rehab

Old 11-06-2014, 11:26 AM   #1
ethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: 314MXG
Name: ethan
ethanfoy's Tacoma Gallery
Project rehab

Well, Ive been on the forum for a while I have not posted my 4runner yet so here it goes.

The thing done to it:
2.28/4.7 dual transfer cases with Marlin adapter and gears
Trail Gear twin stick and dual-case crossmember/skidplate
All Pro Offroad TCase Emergency Brake
Schedule 40 rear and square front driveshafts
IFS rear axle with disc brakes, yukon 5.29s, and welded spiders
'83 front axle fully built with diff armor, truss, precision gear 5.29s, lockrite, 30 spline longfields, longfield hub gears, landcruiser rotors and v6 calipers
Marlin Crawler High Steer
Hydro Assist
38x12.50x15 TSLs on 15x10 DIY chrome beadlocks.
Frontier 4x4 winch bumper
Ramsey 9000 lb winch with in-cab control
Honda Prelude front seats
4xInnovations interior roll cage
Bobbed bed with pickup tailgate grafted in
Sliders
CB radio
and I re sealed the t cases and rhino lined the floor pans

I was in the middle of painting it then I came across a donor 4runner for a body was originally a turbo. Got a heck of a deal on it

Got the body on.
Got some 37x14.5 for the runner.

more update

Not completely up to date but close.
Things to come:
2rz (picking up this weekend)
exo cage
65" diamond axle housings
hi pinion front with Detroit locker
v6 rear with zip locker
4link front and rear
Old 11-06-2014, 11:37 AM   #2
willee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillee51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2nd Class PO
willee51's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Uhhhhhh

.... don't tell the OP, this is a Tacoma Site
Old 11-06-2014, 11:44 AM   #3
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Dam I love runners
👍👍👍👍👍👍
Old 11-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #4
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by willee51 View Post
.... don't tell the OP, this is a Tacoma Site
With a T4R build section........
You beavis'd hard willee.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:52 AM   #6
ethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of light

I have a picture of my Tacoma in here. hahaha
Old 11-06-2014, 01:44 PM   #10

Thanks everyone! I'm picking up the 2rz Saturday getting it for $100. I'm going with a fuel cell with an external fuel pump ,and inline filter so I can relocate in behind the axle for 4 links. I need to pick up a decent welder so I can finish the bob ,and start on exo cage.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:18 PM   #11

Picked up the 2rz today. I have the 4runner tore down all I need to do is pull the engine and transmission. The 2rz came with a rear sump oil pan, tacoma dash modified to fit a 1st gen 4runner, and every wire for the tacoma. I'm going the keep my original dash just because I have an inclinometer haha. Pulling the engine tomorrow, painting the engine bay, and cleaning up the 2rz and maybe do a little painting on it.
Things I need for the swap
manual ecu
bellhousing
fuel cell
power steering pump and res.
maybe engine mounts?

Old 11-08-2014, 08:44 PM   #12
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
The 2rz is the 2.7 i4 from the first gen? I've did a cab swap on my truck but a engine swap is beyond my skill set.
Old 11-09-2014, 06:38 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaTRD View Post
The 2rz is the 2.7 i4 from the first gen? I've did a cab swap on my truck but a engine swap is beyond my skill set.
Its the 2.4 the 3rz is the 2.7. The 2rz came out of the 2wd and the 3rz out of the 4x4s. The 2rz and 3rz swap is simple other than wiring and there are threads out there that has all the info needed on the swap. All that is needed for the swap is mounts, bell housing, oilpan, and wiring. This is my first engine swap.