SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

The Official TW 4Runner owners thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2011, 12:38 PM   #21
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcahawaii808 View Post
hmm okay. i think that means i need to change my shocks.

mine is a v6...yes driving a 4speed, v6, auto is very boring...ask my how the drive to vegas was.

but, anyway, i have xreas also, and my handling is terrible. guess that means its time for me to rip out the system and get some new shocks!
Two things - my parents 5th gen is at stock height with brand new everything. It's bound to be tighter. Also, lifting your truck is bound to make it feel more unstable and boat like. Unless you put nicer suspension but as I recall you only have a spacer lift.

The FJ is running the exact same engine and transmission as yours. You don't have to tell me about boring. Are you sure it's a 4 speed? Pretty sure those had the 5 speed auto.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #22
rvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to all

Name: cameron
rvcahawaii808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YFZ_TRD View Post
Two things - my parents 5th gen is at stock height with brand new everything. It's bound to be tighter. Also, lifting your truck is bound to make it feel more unstable and boat like. Unless you put nicer suspension but as I recall you only have a spacer lift.

The FJ is running the exact same engine and transmission as yours. You don't have to tell me about boring. Are you sure it's a 4 speed? Pretty sure those had the 5 speed auto.
yeah ive got the poopy daystar 2.5 spacer. but my xreas has about 85k on it now. my rear is also bottoming out over speed bumps lol.

but yes i am 100% sure it is a 4speed lol. L 2 3 D.

soooooo fail. also helps me get a maximum of 17mpg. when i drove to vegas, i had to keep my speed around 65-70 in order to keep my rpms below 2500. if i wanted to go any faster than 70 i could hear my engine going and knew i was getting bad mileage. best tank i had was on the way back. all flat i-5 from southern oregon to corvallis. 17.8mpg
Old 06-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #23
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
Our 06 sr5 rides a bit rough (like a tacoma) on the road. I don't think I have x-reas.
Our mpg display is showing 20.3 mpg, so far I am impressed. I thought we would barly get 18 out of this yota. We drive 75% highway.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:17 PM   #24
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
We have to somehow get a sticky for t4r mods on this site. I have been on 3 other t4r forums and nothing compairs to tw. The guys on this site are awesome and the format/layout of this site is top notch.

I know there are more 4runners out there!
Old 06-21-2011, 01:31 PM   #26
rvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFast View Post
Our 06 sr5 rides a bit rough (like a tacoma) on the road. I don't think I have x-reas.
Our mpg display is showing 20.3 mpg, so far I am impressed. I thought we would barly get 18 out of this yota. We drive 75% highway.
now that it is summer time i am only driving around town. when i came back from my trip my display was at 17.1mpg.

if i disconnect my battery will it reset this? since im doing so much city driving it has dropped down to 15.8!!!

i am considered changing spark plugs, and maybe even running sea foam through it.

i get MAAAAYBE 300 miles a tank if i drive down to portland and back. but if the whole tank is used for city driving i will get like 230miles.

i usually try to keep track by how many miles i can get out of a 1/4 tank since i will usually try to fill up at the last quarter. on the freeway i can get around 80-90 miles per 1/4 tank. city is like 50-60. am i the only runner getting this bad mileage? or have i just not realized this before
Old 06-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #27
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
now that it is summer time i am only driving around town. when i came back from my trip my display was at 17.1mpg.

if i disconnect my battery will it reset this? since im doing so much city driving it has dropped down to 15.8!!!

i am considered changing spark plugs, and maybe even running sea foam through it.

i get MAAAAYBE 300 miles a tank if i drive down to portland and back. but if the whole tank is used for city driving i will get like 230miles.

i usually try to keep track by how many miles i can get out of a 1/4 tank since i will usually try to fill up at the last quarter. on the freeway i can get around 80-90 miles per 1/4 tank. city is like 50-60. am i the only runner getting this bad mileage? or have i just not realized this before
You probably have not realized it before. That's about the same mileage I get with my 33X12.50's but I've got an extra gear to keep my RPMs slightly lower at highway speeds.

There should be a way to reset your mpg estimate thing just by holding a reset button. Have you actually calculated your mileage based off the miles per tank and the gallons taken when you fill up? Those estimates in the truck are just based off mathematical calculations and aren't always exact.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:37 PM   #28
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah ive got the poopy daystar 2.5 spacer. but my xreas has about 85k on it now. my rear is also bottoming out over speed bumps lol.

but yes i am 100% sure it is a 4speed lol. L 2 3 D.

soooooo fail. also helps me get a maximum of 17mpg. when i drove to vegas, i had to keep my speed around 65-70 in order to keep my rpms below 2500. if i wanted to go any faster than 70 i could hear my engine going and knew i was getting bad mileage. best tank i had was on the way back. all flat i-5 from southern oregon to corvallis. 17.8mpg
I could be wrong, but i dont think they switched to the 5spd in the 4runner till 05+
so you more than likely do have the 4spd

edit: from wiki
The 2005 model brought enhancements to the optional V8 engine and made a 5-speed automatic standard on the V6 model.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #29

yeah unfortunately i keep all my receipts when i fill up so i can do that math right there.

when it comes out to around 16 i settle for that. 17 i am like, woah nice job on that one.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #30
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Well hello there. I'm just gonna place this here:

Old 06-21-2011, 01:42 PM   #31
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
Well hello there. I'm just gonna place this here:

J dub has a sexy runner. also waiting for derek to get in here
Old 06-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #32
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
It's not that great yet ha but it's on its way. I'm heading to a steel shop to pick up some tubing to fix up my sliders, and then I'm still contemplating on if I wanna order my front bumper, or rear links first.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #33
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-21-2011, 02:23 PM   #34
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 06-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #36

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord View Post
legit
Old 06-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #37
4Runner Pilot

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
GAH I love 3rd gen 4Runners. But I also love my FJ. And my 1st Gen 4Runner. What's a guy to do?
Old 06-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #38

Am I the only T4R with locking hubs on TW??
Old 06-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #39
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my old 1st gen 4Runner. Sold it to get the taco.

But I also have a 4th gen 08 4Runner that the wife drives. No mods yet, too busy doing up the taco.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #40
4Runner Pilot

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Am I the only T4R with locking hubs on TW??
You and the guy with the 1st gen above. Mine has auto-locking hubs

Products Discussed in this Thread