SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

First!!

Old 08-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #21
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
yes come to the dark side of the force muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha (cough)damn nig cigs !
Old 09-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #22
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFast View Post
Hello!
Where did the thread title "First" come from?
It was the "first" thread in the 4Runner sub forum.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #23
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
I think I've seen half the guys off t4r on here just in this thread!
Old 09-20-2011, 09:04 AM   #24
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
what does that party mode button do? i saw it when looking at cars for my wife
Old 09-20-2011, 09:05 AM   #25
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
It makes your shi**y commute awesome! Haha, I think it has something to do with the way the music comes out of the radio?
Old 09-20-2011, 09:07 AM   #26

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Here you go

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-ge...arty-mode.html
Old 09-20-2011, 09:11 AM   #27
woods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

woods247's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
It makes your shi**y commute awesome! Haha, I think it has something to do with the way the music comes out of the radio?
I think it just amplifies the sound in the back speakers and sub when you're tailgating with the rear door open. I can't really tell a difference when driving mine.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:12 AM   #28
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
i need the party mode button for my dixie horn
Old 09-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #29
bbumbles is on a distinguished road
Name: Bill
bbumbles's Tacoma Gallery
My wife bought a 2011 trail addition has the scoop and lots of cool 4x4 stuff in it too. oh and yes party mode too Not a bad ride I like my tacoma much better I had 2 4runners before the tacoma I like the truck better.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:31 AM   #30
106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about

106Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
How do you like the 4runner so far? My wife is getting one for her xmas present and I was wondering if I should have any concerns before I buy it.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:59 AM   #31
106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about

106Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thanx for the write up, she of course wants good fuel econ too, 23 on the highway is way better then my tacoma ever got. Will be putting some money down on one shortly, I love the white ones like your, but i dont know if i want an sr5 or a trail. My local dealer also has a used 2011 limited for a very good price. test driving them later today!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:57 AM   #33
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 106Tacoma View Post
Thanx for the write up, she of course wants good fuel econ too, 23 on the highway is way better then my tacoma ever got. Will be putting some money down on one shortly, I love the white ones like your, but i dont know if i want an sr5 or a trail. My local dealer also has a used 2011 limited for a very good price. test driving them later today!
From what I've read it's all about your creature comforts if you aren't going to wheel it. The Trail is a lot cooler looking and is a beast off road, but doesn't come with leather, 3rd row, dual climate control, among other small items. It can come with KDSS, which I have heard nothing but great reviews for on and off road. The SR5 is an SR5 and the suspension is like Bandit says soft and is advisable to be swapped out. 5100's have had great reviews to replace the SR5 suspension as they clean up the dive and body roll.

The limited has all the bells and whistles and AWD. This may be an important factor depending on your living conditions and your wife comfort using a 4wd system. It also comes with leather dual climate controls and xreas I believe. These are some of the small things I have picked up from reading others posts. Unfortunately I have no experience with a 5th gen. Good luck with your decision!
Old 10-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #36
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
What is this party mode you speak of?
Old 10-30-2011, 09:34 PM   #37
Qjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Billy
Qjake's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Love it and so does the wife!
Cons:
- soft suspension means body roll in corners
- no crawl control in SR5 (which I didn't need)
- SR5 has side skirts and you have to convert it to the Trail Edition to run sliders I believe. So you have to buy new fenders. But my wife's won't see many trails so I'm ok with it. It's her DD not my trail rig.
The XReas suspension on the limited has all but eliminated body roll, not sure if it is an option on the sr5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Pros:
- ATRAC and DAC are really cool
- soft suspension is like driving a cloud and makes my Tacoma seem like it had bricks for suspension
- Brakes are 50x better than my Tacoma
- Lots of mod write ups on T4R.org already
- satellite radio, Aux input, and Bluetooth connections for listening to music is awesome.
- stock tires are 265/70r17. Same as my Tacoma with a lift.
Yes the suspension and brakes are a huge improvement over the Tacoma and don't forget the usb plug in the glove box for your ipod
Old 10-30-2011, 09:39 PM   #38
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
i know im probably late but the party mode button is for tailgating. when its open your supposed to activate it and it sends all the sound to the tailgate. a feature i might try on the tacoma if i put a sound system in the bed