SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

2004 4R

Old 09-23-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
2004 4R

The wife is looking for a new ride and there is a 2004 4R SR5 sitting on a lot down the street.

They are initially asking 14900- I'm sure there is a little room to work on that...I haven't seen the inside or the mileage yet-But I will be looking closely.

Is there anything else I should take note of specific to the 2004/4TH Gen 4Rs?
Old 09-23-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
My sister had an '04 and it was a tank. Pretty solid in all aspects. Don't know if they have frame issues too but I'd at least take a look. The radio did go awol once but it fixed itself somehow. Up until she totaled it the t4r was a great car and the 4.7 sounded sweet.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
Byways is on a distinguished road

Name: Tony
Byways's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was a Certified Used. It's been awesome, but it doesn't let you forget that it is a truck ... a 4Runner. It's my wife's daily driver, and ski vehicle. Great family car. Solid as Gibraltar. Only bug: one of the tire-pressure indicators is wacko ... like me.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #4
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Yes it definitely still has a "truck" feel to it. The interior was so nice though..I'm pretty sure it was the nicest car we owned.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:31 PM   #6
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Good choice. My wife has a 2005 V8 4Runner. We bought it new, and have racked up 45K miles. No problems at all with this SUV. I hope the one you're looking at works out.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
The auto lot had closed up by the time I got down there- but I hopped the guard rail and looked at it.
Not 4x4 which isn't a deal breaker- but I'd rather one that was. It's got the sunroof my wife wanted. Not sure how to tell if it's a V8 or not (THey came in 6 and * cyl models right?) and it's go some minor paint/body issues-Looks like someone backed into a wall or something...Gives me a reason to put real bumpers on it...but it'll be the wifes car...so we'll see...
Old 09-24-2011, 03:01 PM   #8
762x51taco is on a distinguished road
762x51taco's Tacoma Gallery
Yes the 4th gens have the v6 and v8 option. The easiest way to tell is the v8s have a v8 emblem on the front of the grill. I just recently sold my truck and got a 03 v8 4x4 runner and I couldn't be happier.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #9
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
My wife has a 2005 4Runner sport with the V8. You won't be disappointed in it. I don't know about the sr5 4x4 but the sport is a full time 4x4 with a locking center diff. Our's also has the X reservoir suspension in it too which really makes driving on winding roads a blast. If you drive it you will probably be taking it home with you. Only problem we've had with it had been the door locks acted up but it was covered under the extended warranty. Was a good thing too...the actuators were $200 a piece. I think that was a rarity though cause I haven't seen anyone else with that problem. Good luck with it and like I said you won't be disappointed in the V8 if it has it. It gets around 17mpg.

Murph
Old 09-25-2011, 10:42 PM   #10
762x51taco is on a distinguished road
762x51taco's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, any v8 is full time 4x4, the v6s have H2, H4, L4 options. The XREAS suspension is a dream unless you have a shock go out then you have to replace all 4 shocks which for most is not a big deal. My XREAS is worn out so I hate it but my lift will be ordered within a few weeks so I am not worried about it
Old 09-26-2011, 01:19 AM   #11
platinumb is on a distinguished road

Name: Patrick
platinumb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
The auto lot had closed up by the time I got down there- but I hopped the guard rail and looked at it.
Not 4x4 which isn't a deal breaker- but I'd rather one that was. It's got the sunroof my wife wanted. Not sure how to tell if it's a V8 or not (THey came in 6 and * cyl models right?) and it's go some minor paint/body issues-Looks like someone backed into a wall or something...Gives me a reason to put real bumpers on it...but it'll be the wifes car...so we'll see...
my wife drives nothing but 4runners we are on our 5th, im not sure what year they changed to the 5spd tranny but i think it was 2005. i would definitly recomend driving both. there is a night and day difference in the way they drive. good choice, i preffer my truck but really like driving my wifes 4runner on road trips.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:32 AM   #12
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Dropped the check off yesterday- It's a different style than he was used to-so it's sitting on the lot until the money hits his account in the AM tmrw.

AMSOIL going into the Trans/Rear Diff, Power Steering, and Brakes.
Toyota Long Life Pink into the coolant after a long long flush.
New OEM Spark Plugs. New AFE filter. Brakes getting inspected. Need to find a Tan roll up cargo cover and a rear windshield wiper.
The wife has a long list of stuff to get-Weathertech "Protection Kit," Wet Okole Seat covers, not sure what else.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:42 AM   #13
schleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Daniel
schleygo's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking at a 4th gen for the wife also. May I ask what was the mileage and how much did you finally settle on? If you don't feel comfortable, than no worries
Old 10-01-2011, 06:49 PM   #14
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Dropped the check off yesterday- It's a different style than he was used to-so it's sitting on the lot until the money hits his account in the AM tmrw.

AMSOIL going into the Trans/Rear Diff, Power Steering, and Brakes.
Toyota Long Life Pink into the coolant after a long long flush.
New OEM Spark Plugs. New AFE filter. Brakes getting inspected. Need to find a Tan roll up cargo cover and a rear windshield wiper.
The wife has a long list of stuff to get-Weathertech "Protection Kit," Wet Okole Seat covers, not sure what else.

Sounds like you're going to get the 4Runner. Post up some pictures when you get a chance. I'm sure you & your wife will be happy with it.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:06 AM   #15
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schleygo View Post
I am looking at a 4th gen for the wife also. May I ask what was the mileage and how much did you finally settle on? If you don't feel comfortable, than no worries
We did get it. The dealer was selling it on consignment and was asking 14,900. I offered 12,500 and he came down to 12,900- We made a deal there. Due to registering it in FL-I pay no LA sales tax. Due to being military and out of state and registering a car bought out of state- I pay no FL sales tax or initial registration. I'm keeping the same plate from my scion- sooo...Like 13,000 even for everything. Plus it lowered my insurance about 130 bucks a year. Once we sell the tC-We will be back basically where we were before we bought it.

You'll have to excuse my wife standing in front of the 4R.

So far I have already swapped the front wipers, filled the washer reservoir, removed the last piece from the old rear wiper and installed a new arm and wiper back there. I also managed to rip the rear view mirror off the windshield...so I glued that back up last night. I'm working a bottle of fuel injector cleaner thru the gas tank right now and I'm going to be doing a flush of the radiator, throttle body and MAF cleaning today. Also gotta chase down why the horn isn't working...
Old 10-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #16
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery

These were gross.
The throttle body was gross-Didn't get any photos sorry. The MAF was in great shape, but I cleaned it anyways.
The radiator had a lot of sediment in it...but got two full fresh water flushes and a dose of cleaner in there. Working on taking the badges and stuff off now. Putting the front a rear emblems back on after I paint them white. Everything else is coming off I think.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #17
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
NCE!
Old 10-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #18
He said "member"...
crainholio will become famous soon enough
Army: Tanker
crainholio's Tacoma Gallery
Second spark plug from the left has the gap smooshed shut...did you do that or was it that way upon removal?