Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

4runnin!

Old 10-03-2011, 12:14 AM   #1
PooRunner is on a distinguished road

Name: Jay
PooRunner's Tacoma Gallery
4runnin!

Just got me 99 4runner and im ready to build this sucka up! any suggestions anyone?
Old 10-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
i say yank the v6 and slap in a ford 4 cyl from a probe and upgrade from a 6 lug to a 5 lug. chop the back off to make a tacoma.......seriously there are 5 billion mods to make. its up to you on what you want to do. are we supposed to be fucking mind readers to know what you want. throw up what you would like to do with it and then we can try to guide you in the right direction. and familiarize yourself with the search button and internet searches. any question you have has been discussed to death.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW what are looking to do with your Runner? That is definitely a good platform to build off of.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #4
jaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jaw154's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikbean562 View Post
i say yank the v6 and slap in a ford 4 cyl from a probe and upgrade from a 6 lug to a 5 lug. chop the back off to make a tacoma.......seriously there are 5 billion mods to make. its up to you on what you want to do. are we supposed to be fucking mind readers to know what you want. throw up what you would like to do with it and then we can try to guide you in the right direction. and familiarize yourself with the search button and internet searches. any question you have has been discussed to death.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #5
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
damn dude, chilll out?
Old 10-04-2011, 10:29 AM   #6
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

what size tires can i fit on my truck?

Old 10-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #7
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old 10-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #8
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What's the best lift for the 4Runner
Old 10-04-2011, 10:37 AM   #9
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wrong side of the bed this morning, huh?

OP, some more info will definitely help us help you, and welcome to TW!
Old 10-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #10

thanks for the welcomes guys.well right now im lookin for a good deal on a pair of M/t Tires
thats actually within my price range. i was lookin into KM2s and the Definity M/Ts at pepboys but they seem to be either out of stock or just straight up hard to find. for the lift kit, im mos def lookin at EMUs n Bilsteins.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #11
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
damn dude, chilll out?
no thanks
Old 10-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooRunner View Post
thanks for the welcomes guys.well right now im lookin for a good deal on a pair of M/t Tires
thats actually within my price range. i was lookin into KM2s and the Definity M/Ts at pepboys but they seem to be either out of stock or just straight up hard to find. for the lift kit, im mos def lookin at EMUs n Bilsteins.
atta kid. thats a good setup. how much of a lift do you want? what size tire? my buddy is a manager at americas tire co. heres a thread with more info
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...-discount.html
Old 10-04-2011, 12:49 PM   #13
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Great choice!

Here was my '99 back in the day...

I highly recommend doing the 1st gen roll bar mod - extremely useful!

As far as a lift goes, I'm a diehard OME fan - my '99 had all OME stuff and it rode amazingly well. I got all my parts from Toyota of Dallas (www.toyotapartsales.com) - great guys who really know their stuff.

The KM2's are awesome tires, by the way. I had my '99 before they were made, so I had MTZ's on it and loved them. Loved them so much I put them on my '07 Tacoma (which is what replaced this Runner) and had them for 40k miles with no issues.

Here's my '85 Runner with KM2's...

They did really well on and off road, they were just really expensive.

Now let's see some pics of yours!

Fink
Old 10-04-2011, 12:51 PM   #14

oh and theres a sale on billies

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/dea...ml#post3818952
Old 10-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #15
No better friend,No worse enemy...
InfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant future
Marines: iKill
Name: G
InfidelTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post

Fink
Thanx for the motivating pics and helping my brother out.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:26 AM   #16

Quote:
atta kid. thats a good setup. how much of a lift do you want? what size tire? my buddy is a manager at americas tire co. heres a thread with more info
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...-discount.html
for my lift im lookin at least 2 to 3 inch and the size for tires are 265 75 16
Old 10-06-2011, 12:31 AM   #17

Thumbs up

Quote:
Wow.. this is a money saver man thanks
Old 10-06-2011, 12:38 AM   #18

I mean im deeply considering KM2s and hopefully next paycheck i can cover it.. all in all though man.. both your runners a pretty damn awesome!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooRunner View Post
for my lift im lookin at least 2 to 3 inch and the size for tires are 265 75 16
to save money,you can go with OME springs and bilstein shocks. im not sure how much offroading you plan on doing, but km2s are louder and wear faster than a/t tires. and theyre squirrely when it rains. im also going with the 265/75/16 for my tacoma. im looking at the falken wildpeaks. good offroad, quiet on street, inexpensive and heard good things about them.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:41 AM   #20

Quote:
to save money,you can go with OME springs and bilstein shocks. im not sure how much offroading you plan on doing, but km2s are louder and wear faster than a/t tires. and theyre squirrely when it rains. im also going with the 265/75/16 for my tacoma. im looking at the falken wildpeaks. good offroad, quiet on street, inexpensive and heard good things about them.
These tires look really good man. im most def takin up that offer for the bilsteins you posted. thanks man.