SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Looking for another vehicle

Old 10-23-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
^^ I no longer have a PreRunner
99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
99PreRunner.'s Tacoma Gallery
Looking for another vehicle

What does everybody think about this 4Runner? Good deal? Any known problems?

It's a 1998 Toyota 4Runner, V6, leather, AC and heater both work, 2wd, sun roof, 205,000 miles. He says the paint on the roof and hood are fading. The guy is asking $4,100 OBO (says $4,700 on it tho). I haven't seen it in person yet, but I'm thinking if I like it and everything I can talk him down to ($3,500). What would you pay for it and is this year model a good one?

Old 10-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Maybe I should have used a better title
Old 10-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #4
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Looks ok in the pictures. The price seems ok. I'd try to talk him down a bit like you said.

Go look at it and see for yourself.

If I were you I'd get a 4x4 4Runner though.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #5

Yea, I checked out your build. Looks pretty sick. Even tho the one I'm looking at is 2wd, I will still eventually put 3" on it.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #6
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Looks fine to me, but just fully check it out. Look over this thread for some key items to look at. http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...ers-guide.html

Honestly go for a 4x4 unless you don't need the 4x4. I see your Taco was a prerunner so maybe 4wd is not necessary.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
Looks fine to me, but just fully check it out. Look over this thread for some key items to look at. http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...ers-guide.html

Honestly go for a 4x4 unless you don't need the 4x4. I see your Taco was a prerunner so maybe 4wd is not necessary.
4wd is more a want then need. And the prices around here for a 4wd is an arm and a leg (guess that goes for about anywhere). But I figure if I can go a little longer without 4wd, then I can get whatever I want after I graduate college. Plus we got screwed on our deer hunting lease this year so I won't be in the woods as much. I'll mainly just be duck hunting and towing the boat.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:28 AM   #8
Bigmikelakers is on a distinguished road
Bigmikelakers's Tacoma Gallery
Damn the way Toyotas are priced in the South makes me want to buy a ticket and get a steal down there.