SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

New ride

Old 10-30-2011, 09:03 PM   #1
Qjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Billy
Qjake's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up New ride

Hey guys,

Just traded my 09 Tacoma DCLB sport 4x4 for an 11' 4Runner limited in MGM. This is a huge change for me as i've been driving red Toyota pick-ups for the past 25 years but so far i'm really liking the T4R . it's certainly the nicest vehicle i have ever owned. Now if i could just figure out how to lock it with it running, damn smart key is smarter than me.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
sch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant future

sch0enne's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice! congratulations I love the new 4runners. Any plans for it or are you keeping this one stock?
Old 10-30-2011, 09:41 PM   #4
09slvrtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: John
09slvrtaco's Tacoma Gallery
nice 4-runner. I love the new design. Any plans for it?
Old 10-30-2011, 09:43 PM   #5
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
congrats on the new T4R! im torn between buying that or waiting for the FR-S to come out.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:48 PM   #6
Qjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Qjake's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys

I've only had it for 2 weeks so no real plans yet. I did put vent visors on unfortunately i couldn't find a full set of in channel (only fronts) so had to go with stick-on but they look good. also the shift knob in the '11 is obnoxious so i ordered an all leather from Momo and will def be putting on the OEM mud flaps and maybe running boards. as for lift, wheels, etc i'll revisit that in the spring.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:52 PM   #7
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Damn dude, that's nice. Wish I had some money to get one too.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:12 PM   #9

Firefighter:
Qjake's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Nice rig

Booooooins
Hehe Booooooins certainly not lookin the champs eh
Old 10-30-2011, 10:22 PM   #10
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qjake View Post
Hehe Booooooins certainly not lookin the champs eh
Except for the rings , the intact city , and the whole " names on the Cup " thingy
Old 11-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #11

Firefighter:
Qjake's Tacoma Gallery
"the intact city" hehe

Well since i bought the 4Runner I've been feeling a little insufficient in the size department...tire size that is . So i opted to replace the stock 245/60r20 Yokohama Geolanders. While the Yoko's ride and handling where very good they just seemed much to small, and especially, narrow for the 4Runner. i settled on a set of Nitto Crosstek's in the 275/55r20 variety and while its only been a day i haven't really noticed any changes in ride quality. On the other hand the visual change IMO is remarkable
Also got the OEM mud flaps yesterday they came while i was out getting the tires put on, figures eh, cuz ya gotta take off the rears to mount the flaps, guess I'll do them next weekend or something.

Anyhow a couple pics of the new rubber.

Tight fit at full lock, certainly the largest size tire for stock suspension

right side

Old 11-12-2011, 07:07 PM   #12

Firefighter:
Qjake's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-12-2011, 11:08 PM   #13
PooRunner is on a distinguished road

Name: Jay
PooRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful Rig! CONGRATS!
Old 11-13-2011, 05:15 PM   #14

Firefighter:
Qjake's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooRunner View Post
Beautiful Rig! CONGRATS!
Thanks
Old 11-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #15
PooRunner is on a distinguished road

Name: Jay
PooRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking of over landing it out?
Old 11-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #17
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
nice lookin truck man! congrats!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:18 AM   #18
lezavw90 is on a distinguished road
lezavw90's Tacoma Gallery
When you bought the 4runner did you look at anything else? Reason I'm asking is, we are going to be trading in our 09 doublecab trd for something with larger back seats (2 car seats needed) and the Tacoma is a little short on leg room for the seats.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:57 PM   #19

Firefighter:
Qjake's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lezavw90 View Post
When you bought the 4runner did you look at anything else? Reason I'm asking is, we are going to be trading in our 09 doublecab trd for something with larger back seats (2 car seats needed) and the Tacoma is a little short on leg room for the seats.
Replied to your post over at T4R.ORG

Go with the 4Runner you won't be disappointed
Old 11-16-2011, 06:55 AM   #20
lezavw90 is on a distinguished road
lezavw90's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. I kinda spammed the forums with the same question, lol.