SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Going to check out this 4runner here shortly. What should I look for?

Old 11-05-2011, 10:37 PM   #21
^^ I no longer have a PreRunner
99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
99PreRunner.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord View Post
Why thank you my humble fabricator
What all is there into lifting the rear? I've always fooled with leafs. I know you have to get new coils but anything else and how are they to install?
Old 11-05-2011, 10:43 PM   #22
99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronman737 View Post
Sorry didnt read all the way through. Thats probably where the pull is coming from. Bet the seller is a foreigner or a good ol' boy. In that case I may stay away from the truck. Look under the hood and make sure that the front quarterpanels have a toyota sticker on them. If they do then your draw probably is from the stupid tire mismatch.
Not to sound racist or anything but it's a black guy, mid 30's, no flat bill hats or anything, and doesn't sound all to mechanically inclined. Also was also trying to BS me some, but I let him know quick. Told him not to feed me any BS, I'm not an idiot. I mean I'm kind of skeptical, but if I can get it and nothing major is wrong with it, I can fix most of the small things. But being in college, I want to make sure I get something reliable
Old 11-05-2011, 10:43 PM   #23
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
ronman737's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99PreRunner. View Post
What all is there into lifting the rear? I've always fooled with leafs. I know you have to get new coils but anything else and how are they to install?
There is a rear end recall on those 4runners too. I would get the vin and put it in on toyotas owner website to see if it has been taken care of. It has something to do with the springs in the rear. That was for my 96 so im sure that 97 is the same.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:44 PM   #24
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly, keep looking
Old 11-05-2011, 10:44 PM   #25
Qjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Billy
Qjake's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea that's it in my OP, overall everything looks pretty good. The problems that I noticed was he said the trans was worked on last year because the reverse gear went out (it did shift fine tho, and had no lack of power). He had 245s on the front and 265s on the rear, said he got them pretty cheap. It does need an alignment, pulls a little left (maybe that's why he needed new tires?
ya its a clean looking T4R. As for the trans i'd have my mechanic have a look just for piece of mind

Quote:
I have my 5100/Eibach set up I took off my wrecked truck and my rear 5125's. All I would need is rear coils for a complete lift (plus buy adapter for my 5125's). I have my eye on a set of 285/75/16 BFG ATs for $300, not sure yet tho.
definitely need a set of tires what with em being mismatched, 300 is a good deal as long as they got low miles. also want to make sure the 285's are gonna fit in the wheel wells.

overall it looks good to me, prolly could use the tire issue to barter him down another 100 or 2

good luck!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #27
4Runner guy
Ripcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
Ripcord's Tacoma Gallery
With the rear lifts over 2.5", you will need to install a panhard bar drop bracket to keep the axle center. The panhard is the bar that runs along the rear axle with one end bolted to the axle and the other to the frame, prevent lateral movement. When you lift it, the geometry is messed up and it pulls the axle to the passenger side. The bracket fixes it. Its a $50 part at toytec, but it would be easy to just make one yourself.

Most rear lift coils on toytec are 170+ shipping. Other options include used Fzj80 front coils (yes front lc80 coils lift the rear of 3rd gens). They can usually be had for ~$80 and give 4+" of lift.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:54 PM   #28
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a pretty good deal, You SOUND super picky if so then get a brand new one cause for 3k you will not find something perfect.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:56 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
Thats a pretty good deal, You SOUND super picky if so then get a brand new one cause for 3k you will not find something perfect.
I'm not real picky, I just look at it at how much I'll put into it. And I can get more money, just trying to make do with what I have. Try to borrow as least as possible
Old 11-05-2011, 11:16 PM   #30
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
ronman737's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm not real picky, I just look at it at how much I'll put into it. And I can get more money, just trying to make do with what I have. Try to borrow as least as possible
In not trying to be racist either. Thats why I didnt just say black guy. Wanted to though. lol.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:28 PM   #31

Quote:
In not trying to be racist either. Thats why I didnt just say black guy. Wanted to though. lol.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:35 PM   #32
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
we're all racist at some point.

Shit, I AM sometimes :9
Old 11-05-2011, 11:42 PM   #33

Most are to an extent, I just didn't want people to get all pissed and say, your an ignorant southern because you referred to him as a "black" guy lol
Old 11-05-2011, 11:49 PM   #34

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Most are to an extent, I just didn't want people to get all pissed and say, your an ignorant southern because you referred to him as a "black" guy lol

you can always say chicken head(s) so theu wont know lol nah jk
Old 11-06-2011, 01:22 AM   #35
Bigmikelakers is on a distinguished road
Bigmikelakers's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! $2900! In socal with that mileage, that would go for at least six or seven easy. But I'm getting a bad vibe about this deal dude. I wouldnt do it. If the dude looks shady, I would run. Me and my ex bought a '91 Legend a few years ago for 2k. While I was driving it home it overheated. Come to find out it needed a new head gasket. The car also didn't have plates. The guy told me he didnt have time to get them. My guess was he found out about the problem so he tried to sale it as soon as possible.

Speaking of shady foreigners selling cars, I see tons of ads on craigslist in spanish with to good to be true deals. 99% of the time they always a salvage title. Ha, I wouldnt touch that with a 10 foot pole.

Quote:
Haha who cares I'm black and that stuff never offends me.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:36 AM   #36

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Did you find that double cab you were looking for under 15k?
Old 11-06-2011, 01:40 AM   #37
Bigmikelakers is on a distinguished road
Bigmikelakers's Tacoma Gallery
Not yet still looking. I wont get the rest of the money I need till the beginning of the year. It sure if difficult to find a 1st gen double cab with decent mileage though. Im thinking of just getting a 4th gen 4runner. That way, Ill have the closest thing to a 2nd gen Taco for a lower price and a v8 option too lol.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmikelakers View Post
Wow! $2900! In socal with that mileage, that would go for at least six or seven easy. But I'm getting a bad vibe about this deal dude. I wouldnt do it. If the dude looks shady, I would run. Me and my ex bought a '91 Legend a few years ago for 2k. While I was driving it home it overheated. Come to find out it needed a new head gasket. The car also didn't have plates. The guy told me he didnt have time to get them. My guess was he found out about the problem so he tried to sale it as soon as possible.

Speaking of shady foreigners selling cars, I see tons of ads on craigslist in spanish with to good to be true deals. 99% of the time they always a salvage title. Ha, I wouldnt touch that with a 10 foot pole.

Haha who cares I'm black and that stuff never offends me.
Yea man, I think I'm passing on it. I'm just going to keep looking and see what I can run across.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #39
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea man, I think I'm passing on it. I'm just going to keep looking and see what I can run across.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:55 PM   #40

OPINIONS ON THIS?

The guy is asking $5k but I have been talking to him and I think if I have $4k in hand and do some good talking, I can get it from him.

1998 Toyota 4 Runner SR5 4 wheel drive (Fort Walton Beach)

Date: 2011-11-03, 9:28AM EDT
Reply to: sale-aayfb-2682898703@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Selling a 1998 Toyota 4 Runner SR5. In great condition! 5 speed transmission equipped with 4 wheel drive which works great, 3400 4 cam motor, has a thrust turbo muffler gives it a nice deep tone but not to loud. Equipped with Power windows, locks, mirrors, steering, cruise control, cold A/C, hot heat, new parts include new tires, battery, plugs and wires, air filter, fuel filter. Spare tire is currently on the roof rack but can easily put back underneath if you decide you want to do so. Exterior is in good condition as well as the interior. Ive dont car detailing so i try to take very good care of my vehicles. Truly a safe and reliable vehicle, hate to see it go, just dont need an suv anymore. If you have any questions please feel free to call me at 850-259-6050 anytime. NO emails please.