SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

is my xreas system going bad?

Old 11-16-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
rvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to all

Name: cameron
rvcahawaii808's Tacoma Gallery
is my xreas system going bad?

i have an 04 limited 4x4 with almost 87k miles on it. the steering is kinda loose and it really sways at highway speeds. it is also extremely bumpy when i go over uneven roads.

is the system hard to take out? is it as simple as gettin underneath and disconnecting the wires? ive seen a few threads on it on t4r.org but i am not sure about what to do with the fluid in there.

if i take out the system will i need to replace the shocks or will it still work without xreas?
Old 11-16-2011, 10:21 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I have heard of people removing the whole system to upgrade to better suspension. I'm not sure how to do it or how to test the system to see if it is working properly.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
Qjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Billy
Qjake's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like the system lost pressure, prolly better to ask this question over at T4R.ORG

Good luck
Old 11-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #4
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
I had a lifted 07 sport at one time. X-reas is a pressurized system in which the shocks are linked together. If you disconnect one, the whole system is effected and they come pressurized from the factory. When I lifted the runner, I was told that there was no way to re-pressurize the system if anything got disconnected. They may have come up with a way to do so since then, but I haven't kept up with it.

Most people scrap the entire system when/if they lift it because it's too much of a pain to work around, and with 4 independent shocks it's much easier to replace one rather than the whole thing if something blows.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:50 AM   #5
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
The whole system is not inter connected. It is only LF to RR and RF to LR, thats where the X comes from