SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Back from deployment and truck wont move an inch!

Old 12-26-2011, 03:50 PM   #1
I'm dropping the hammer
Bawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really nice

Air Force: Chair Force
Name: Jon
Bawlzdeep's Tacoma Gallery
Back from deployment and truck wont move an inch!

So I got back from Iraq last night, battery was deader than hell, went to go for a drive after I jumped it and it won't move in any gear in H or 4LO. Fluid level is still fine and isn't burnt or anything. I get the short idle surge from a 700 idle to 800rmp like normal when shifting from park and neutral but it doesn't move an inch.

I'm gonna run through all the fuses to rule out the simple stuff first. Are there any sensors that can be the culprit?

I had the pink milkshake in the spring but never slipped to the point where it would have damages the clutches.

Need it fixed ASAP! Thanks, looking to do a 5spd swap soon just not yet.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
How long has it been sitting there for without being used?
Old 12-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
Bastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to behold
Name: Angel
Bastaardo's Tacoma Gallery
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!
Old 12-26-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Rusted up brakes? Will it rev up out of gear?
Old 12-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
siezed/frozen caliper im guessing. brakes rusted might not be letting the truck move either
Old 12-26-2011, 04:11 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Parking brake on? If so, it may have rusted/seized in place. Might wanna work the parking brake pedal over a few times to see if it kicks loose.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #8
I'm dropping the hammer
Bawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really nice

I can move the truck by hand, and all the fuses are good. She's been sittin for 4months. After restarting the truck a few times it just popped into gear like normal but seemed like it was slipping a little. Just went reverse and forward in the driveway a few times, even got it to break traction one time when I hammered on it. Then back in the garage, reverse and nothin.

I'm thinking clogged filter. But are there any sensors involved? Mechanical lever is actuating like a champ.

Trans isn't getting hot at all.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:28 PM   #9
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shifter linkage?
Old 12-26-2011, 04:34 PM   #10
I'm dropping the hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Shifter linkage?
Workin like a champ
Old 12-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #11
I'm dropping the hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineah View Post
Rusted up brakes? Will it rev up out of gear?
Yeah, it has full RPM range with no problem, in gear or in park.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #12
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
I got back from a deployment, and my ex failed to tell me she wouldn't drive a stick, after agreeing that she would. Brakes were frozen solid. As in corroded onto 1 piece. It was horrible. So check that first.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:43 PM   #13
I'm dropping the hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joben7726 View Post
I got back from a deployment, and my ex failed to tell me she wouldn't drive a stick, after agreeing that she would. Brakes were frozen solid. As in corroded onto 1 piece. It was horrible. So check that first.
Read the whole thing man! I can move it by hand, I am a beast but not that damn strong!
Old 12-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #14
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Has to be the trans then if you can move it by hand
Old 12-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #15
tacoriffic has a spectacular aura abouttacoriffic has a spectacular aura about

Name: Greg
tacoriffic's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for your service, hope you get the truck back to working.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
Has to be the trans then if you can move it by hand
Agreed, if brakes are good and shifter's good, it almost sounds like the torque converter took a shit? Or the trans got stuck in neutral.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:04 PM   #17
I'm dropping the hammer

Fluid seems kinda thin and light in color, not the deep red it's supposed to be. I did four flushes after the pink milkshake radiator fail in the spring. Guess it just wasn't enough. So it's draining now and I'm runnin to Advanced to grab some fluid, new filter and a bottle of Lucas ($hit works miracles!).

Only torque converter I've ever seen shit out was in my buddies race car. If it goes then it's due to huge amounts of torque and catastrophic failure. Don't think that's my case, we'll see here in an hour or so.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:07 PM   #18

Fucked fluid would be what I expected after rough shifting or no shifting.

The fact that it revs but don't go says some link between the flywheel and rear diff ain't hookin' up...Just for shits, make sure no one stole your driveshaft, but it sounds like you're gonna have to crack the tranny and look fer yerself...
Old 12-26-2011, 05:10 PM   #19
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
try replacng the trans fluid and then leave it idling in a gear that lets the fluid flow (im not sure if it flows in neutral on these trucks) it might just need some fluid flow before moving

on my DD i have to let it idle in N for about a minute after not driving for a day or else it wont wanna move
Old 12-27-2011, 04:59 AM   #20
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Antifreeze will take the facing off clutch plates did not realize you had antifreeze in the trans you can try new fluid but I don't think it's going to help it.