SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

4Runner LED Cluster Swap

Old 01-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
4Runner LED Cluster Swap

Finally got the balls to rip apart the dash on my 4Runner and get rid of that horrid amber!

Tearing the dash apart!

For anyone that can do the LED cluster swap on the Tacoma its the same for the 4Runner on the most part. The only tricky part is changing out the odometer LED, the needles are weak and can bend if your not careful and the odo wont light up. However it's a quick and easy fix, just straighten it out and stick it back in.

All finished!

What do y'all think?
Old 01-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
The speedo numbers look like they're almost so bright they are washed out. Maybe just a bad picture?
Old 01-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YFZ_TRD View Post
The speedo numbers look like they're almost so bright they are washed out. Maybe just a bad picture?
Bad photo, i'll put another one up.

I think it was the flash from my iPhone
Old 04-02-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Did you change the LEDs in the steering wheel control buttons too? Super easy to do
Old 04-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
4Runner Guy
TheSilverBull is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
TheSilverBull's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Did you change the LEDs in the steering wheel control buttons too? Super easy to do
No he didn't but as his friend I will respond, since I am interested in this. Do you have instructions or a link to some so that I can do this for mine and his?
Old 06-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #7
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
yes i would i like to do this also.. info please
Old 01-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #8
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
Finally got the balls to rip apart the dash on my 4Runner and get rid of that horrid amber!

All finished!

What do y'all think?
thread revival! do you by chance have a picture of the green board? reason i ask, i have had several requests for me to do 4runner clusters, but i do not know how many LEDs are required. any help/info/pics would be appreciated! thansk!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #9

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
thread revival! do you by chance have a picture of the green board? reason i ask, i have had several requests for me to do 4runner clusters, but i do not know how many LEDs are required. any help/info/pics would be appreciated! thansk!
I'll have to go back and look, it looks like some of my pictures aren't showing up
Old 01-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #10

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
This is the best picture I have of the board

Old 01-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #11
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thats perfect, thanks! that confirms my suspicion...the LEDs light the background AND the needle, so there is no way to get two different colors like the tacomas (who have separate LEDs for the background and needles.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #12

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thats perfect, thanks! that confirms my suspicion...the LEDs light the background AND the needle, so there is no way to get two different colors like the tacomas (who have separate LEDs for the background and needles.
Huh, my needles are different from the background?
Old 01-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #13

did you paint them or something? for example, im only seeing 3 LEDs around the base of the speedo needle. im assuming this then lights up the needles AND the speedo? correct me if i am wrong. how many LEDs did you use for the swap?
Old 01-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #14

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
did you paint them or something? for example, im only seeing 3 LEDs around the base of the speedo needle. im assuming this then lights up the needles AND the speedo? correct me if i am wrong. how many LEDs did you use for the swap?
Yeah, the 4Runner needle is painted orange from the factory, you just scrape the paint off with an xacto knife and use nail polish for whatever color you want them. The lines between the numbers were done with blue film. It is only 3 led's at the needle
Old 01-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #15
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
I did mine the other day. check out my gallery. I'm in the process of doing the climate control and the rest of the interior will be done eventually
Old 01-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #16

nice, thanks for the heads up!