SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

35" Pitbull Rockers and Cumburg UCA's en route!

Old 02-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
I'm dropping the hammer
Bawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really nice

Air Force: Chair Force
Name: Jon
Bawlzdeep's Tacoma Gallery
Talking 35" Pitbull Rockers and Cumburg UCA's en route!

Just called and ordered my 35x12.50R17 Puitbull Rocker Radials from Discount Tire. 2-3 days shipping and then time to bring out the big hammer maybe the saw! I refuse to rock a body lift.
And then the Camburg UCA's should be in. No more weak creaking ball joints! I'm one wheel bearing away from having a completely new front end.

Pics will be up as soon as I get parts.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
I'm dropping the hammer
Bawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really nice

Discount Tire Direct for $398 + $50 insurance for each and free shipping. So after they waived one of the insurances and threw in free valve stems they got around $1750. Just a lil more than the $800 I was prepared to do with the 15's and KM2's. Ohh well these tires are pretty ridiculous in the sand and mud.
Got the new shoes on Saturday morning and went wheeling/camping right after install. I ended up having grind a bug chunk out of my UCA to keep the sidewall out of it. It's fine for right now in a straight line but still hits with light steering. Once the new UCA's are in then I'll be able to start working the body clearance issues. The rear is gonna be pretty easy but can't tell about the front yet.
Here's the pics finally (Samsung Galaxie S II Skyrocket)

Buddies Jeep stuck in the first hole that I putted through in 2wd, love these tires!

Old 02-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
Wildjones is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Wildjones's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! Looks great!

Not to thread jack you, but I have a somewhat random question for ya (coming from a complete 4Runner newb). When you lift a 4R 2.5-3" do you have to do new UCAs like you do for the Tacos?
Old 02-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #6
Blah,blah,blah...
TNRunner is a name known to allTNRunner is a name known to allTNRunner is a name known to allTNRunner is a name known to allTNRunner is a name known to allTNRunner is a name known to all
Army: 31A
TNRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildjones View Post
Wow! Looks great!

Not to thread jack you, but I have a somewhat random question for ya (coming from a complete 4Runner newb). When you lift a 4R 2.5-3" do you have to do new UCAs like you do for the Tacos?
It's highly recommended!
Old 02-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #7
Nick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Nick Sells's Tacoma Gallery
THAT LOOKS AWESOME! Wish I could make that happen on my 5th gen.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #8
no one ever pays me in gum
blacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: caleb
blacksheff405's Tacoma Gallery
do you know how many miles you can get out of those tires??
Old 02-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #10
I'm dropping the hammer

Supposedly 35k. I've only put 10k on it since Aug 2010. They should be around for a while!
Old 02-21-2012, 11:16 AM   #11
I'm dropping the hammer

New UCA's are in finally! I don't need new wheels after all. They have plenty of room. Very easy install and great hardware, good welds, just very clean pieces....for now.

Original destroyed UCA's. The outermost portion is what I had to grind out just to clear the sidewalls to bolt the wheels on. The rest of the missing paint is from the slight turning radius issue. Yeah I know it's bad

First attack with the sawzall

Still have to address the rear
Old 02-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #12
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome man. Big tires and small lift=win. Not a huge fan of the chrome, but it does look pretty good.

How are the pitbulls on the highway? Tons of noise?
Old 02-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #13
I'm dropping the hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Awesome man. Big tires and small lift=win. Not a huge fan of the chrome, but it does look pretty good.

How are the pitbulls on the highway? Tons of noise?
Wow wow wow! That's aluminum not chrome! I wouldn't mind blacking them out but they're really growing on me. Flat black was my original plan. The noise isn't really that bad, little more than the Kumho's but no where near swamper loud.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #14
caffeine nicotine gasoline
livel0veryde is on a distinguished road

Name: josh Rockett
livel0veryde's Tacoma Gallery
damn those look awesome !! iv been thinking about 35s for a while, not sure im ready for pitbulls tho. what gears are you running?
Old 02-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #16
I'm dropping the hammer

Thanks guys, it's still a work in progress, always will be. Still got stock 4.30 gears but the 5spd is geared a lot lower in the bottom gears, 5th is still a little lower than the auto 4th. She pulls just fine for me. Has no problems at highway speeds either. I'd deffinitely have at least 4.88's with an auto. I'll never go back to an auto though!
Old 03-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #19
peacefrog53 is on a distinguished road
peacefrog53's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawlzdeep View Post

Buddies Jeep stuck in the first hole that I putted through in 2wd, love these tires!

How the hell did he get stuck?? He is in an XJ!! I think this was photochopped....
Old 03-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #20
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Totally looks like his snorkel is saying "NO PLEASE NO! NOT THROUGH THAT!"