SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Good deal?

Old 04-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
ttran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
ttran's Tacoma Gallery
Good deal?

Long story short... Some things arose and I had to sell my Tacoma. I just found this 1998 Limited 4wd 4Runner on craigslist and I want some input from you guys on whether it's a good deal or not. It's a one owner vehicle and he works at lexus so it's been meticulously maintained. The interior is near mint and I saw the truck in person today, and the paint job is pristine. It also drives like a brand new vehicle, if he didn't tell me it had 250k miles on it I wouldn't be able to tell. The lift is made by super lift and it was just redone. The tires also look brand new.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/2916998689.html
Old 04-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=ttran;4888736]Long story short... Some things arose and I had to sell my Tacoma. I just found this 1998 Limited 4wd 4Runner on craigslist and I want some input from you guys on whether it's a good deal or not. It's a one owner vehicle and he works at lexus so it's been meticulously maintained. The interior is near mint and I saw the truck in person today, and the paint job is pristine. It also drives like a brand new vehicle, if he didn't tell me it had 250k miles on it I wouldn't be able to tell. The lift is made by super lift and it was just redone. The tires also look brand new.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/...tml[/QUOTE]

whats blue book on it where u live? 7500 sounds like a bit much for that many miles. but if its prestine then yeah 7500 isnt bad.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
ttran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant future

ttran's Tacoma Gallery
Blue book where I live is right at 7k. Yeah it seems kinda high to me as well but driving it you can't even tell honestly. Still unsure.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
offer him 7 then... hell that here would list for 8
Old 04-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #5

ttran's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone else?
Old 04-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #6
KCCO
FarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud of
FarmBoyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I would jump on that, offer him 7, doesn't hurt to ask what is the lowest he will take.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #7
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
I'd offer 6500 and see where it goes. Once you offer 7000 you can't go back and offer 6500, but you could always bump your offer to 7000 just saying.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:45 AM   #8

ttran's Tacoma Gallery
Started at 6k last night and he would only go down to 7200. I'm going to take another look at it today and think some more on it. I know how reliable these engines are and with proper maintenance they'll last forever. 250k miles just seems so daunting to me haha.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:51 AM   #9
Big Metal Hubajube
oZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SatCom Veteran
oZmonKey's Tacoma Gallery
That's a beautiful machine. I'd drop the 7200 for it if I were in your position (assuming you have 7200 to drop on it.)
Old 04-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #10
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great. You can get 400k miles out of it easy.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #11

ttran's Tacoma Gallery
Motor got all new gaskets as well as piston rings at 200k miles. Everything else has been replaced, it's basically a new ride. Just pulled the trigger and bought it. Will post pics tomorrow.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #12
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery