SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Thinkin bout a 2012 4runner

Old 04-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
redezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant future

Name: Charles
redezman's Tacoma Gallery
Thinkin bout a 2012 4runner

please give me all the pros, cons, good, and bad of the 4runners.
i want 4x4 and sr5
currently have a 2008 tacoma double cab.
any major tsbs out on the 4runner, or recalls?
again any input small or lartge would be great.
thanks
Old 04-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
Twat did you say?
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
You trading in your taco or looking at a new addition?
Old 04-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I can't really think of any cons with the 4Runner. Other than if you are looking at trading in the Tacoma you'll obviously be losing the bed. One thing you'll probably want to do is ditch the stock tires and upgrade the suspension. There is a bit of a nose dive on the 4Runners under hard braking.

I have a 2010 4Runner TE and am very pleased with it.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #4
primer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: T
primer's Tacoma Gallery
Long story.

If you are getting this INSTEAD of your tacoma I think you'll notice a little better fit and finish, but most of the mechanical stuff is the same.

We've had an 04 limited and recently got an 11 limited. Both nice trucks for the wife.

I miss the 04 big time. There are some nice things about the new style, but I would trade back in a minute. If you can find a low miles used 09 (last year of the 4th gen I think) I'd go that route.

Just my opinion. I spend a little time on t4r.org and you can get an earful there on this issue if you want.

If you have specific qq let me know.

TL
Old 04-28-2012, 08:29 AM   #5
redezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant future

trading in the tacoma, and really dont use it as a truck now, keep stuff in the bed under the cover BUT thats what the behind back seat is for on 4runner.
still thinking, the guy up road just bought one and i like it.
thanks for the input ppl
Old 04-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #6
Twat did you say?
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
See if you can ride in his and get some "hands on" time with it maybe that will help make your decision
Old 05-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #7

well going down this saturday morning to look again and drive one, and maybe talk numbers.
i know what they can discount them, so thats in my favor, and i know what my trades worth, so i either will get up and walk out OR sign on the line.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #8
bamma is on a distinguished road

bamma's Tacoma Gallery
I just purchased a 2012 Limited 4x4. It is a sweet vehicle.

One weird thing is the oil filter location. It is under a plastic skid cover and the metal skid plate. It is also a canister. All you replace is the paper inner filter. It takes about twice as long to change the oil. I don't know why they didn't put it in a remote location like my tacoma and the 4th gen t4r.

Other than that, no complaints (and the oil thing is only a small annoyance).

The truck drives great, is comfortable, and I like it a lot. Unfortunately, my wife gets to drive it. (I'm happy w/ my tacoma though!)
Old 06-07-2012, 05:20 AM   #9
MY09TACO is on a distinguished road

MY09TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I just traded my 09 Taco on a 2012 4runner SR5 so far no regrets. Not happy with the oil filter location and I do miss my Tacoma (wish I could have both) besides that I'm happy.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #10

yep i did same 1 month ago, and miss the taco BUT love the runner, PLUS got a killer deal.
i got the grey with black interior sr5 4x4.
LOVE IT
Old 06-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #11
Taco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Helo nighttime recon extended perimeter security
Name: David
Taco4x4NC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redezman View Post
please give me all the pros, cons, good, and bad of the 4runners.
i want 4x4 and sr5
currently have a 2008 tacoma double cab.
any major tsbs out on the 4runner, or recalls?
again any input small or lartge would be great.
thanks
Pros- can't think of any.

Cons- soccer moms drive em.. sorry could not resist. Just teasin...

And the biggie....your gonna miss your truck.