got a few 4 runner questions.

Discussion in '4Runners' started by TnRedNeck721, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Jun 12, 2012 at 10:30 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 [OP] Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    ok. so my brother had an audi A4. not has a ’09 4 runner v6 4x4 idk what trim. i have not seen it at all.

mom says it can only tow 5k pounds is this right? (she said she found a ’07 with V8 and how the towing will be soo much more) also (mom said)it dose NOT have a tow package. if you know or can tell me what hitch will fit. would like to get a used OEM hitch. also can you tell me if it is pre wired for trailer lights?

brother said he will some times tow a small boat. idk how big will ask him in the morning. as well as pic of rear bumper. mom said she saw one today that looked just like it and it had a different rear bumper on it. and dose not think brothers can even have a hitch put on it. :confused:

sorry this is all the info i really have. asked brother for a few pic. well get them tomorrow. should help out and clear some things up.

2. Jun 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM
    mac424205

mac424205 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mathew
    Chelsea
    Vehicle:
    2005 4Runner Limited V8 4X4
    Billies on all four corners with daystar spacer lift. Bought it like this. Replacing done with toytec ultimate 3" lift
    It should be pre-wired for lights. Look under it when you take the pics and by the tow hook there should be a 7pin wiring harness next to it..... For a hitch. go to your local Uhaul and get a quote. Hitch will take about 45 minutes if they install it. If you do it, it might take longer. You will have to have someone hold it in place while you tighten the bolts. I work at one so I know it can be put on..... Also, the hitch will be rated at 5k pounds.... It CAN and WILL tow more. I had a 2k lb car hauler with a 2001 Accord behind my moms. Pulled from Louisiana to Alabama. Pulled like a champ as well. Make sure you load the trailer right when he does pull stuff.

3. Aug 15, 2012 at 4:44 AM
    grant.bentz

grant.bentz New Member

Member:
    Hey all I'm brand-spanking new to the site. I had a quick question. I have a 2008 Toyota urban runner, and despite the name it is exactly the same as other models. Before, I had a 2002 tundra sr5 trd. I put a 2 inch leveling kit on th tundra and was curious if I could interchange that lift or maybe just the front at least. I know the x-reas package affects things. I'm Wanting to powder coat the stock 18' rims black and adding 285's.

Gracias,

Grant Bentz

4. Aug 16, 2012 at 2:59 PM
    foxtrot

foxtrot Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Cheyenne, WY
    Vehicle:
    Toyota 4Runner
    urban runner is not the same, so if yours is, you got jipped. I've ridden around in the urban runner and it has a few more options than any other 4runner. the lift will not swap over as far as I know. some fj lifts will work and I believe that is all other than the specific 4runner lifts

5. Aug 17, 2012 at 6:50 AM
    grant.bentz

grant.bentz New Member

Member:
    Yeah I didn't figure that I would get lucky and get to recycle some parts. As for the specifications on the urban runner: it does have a portable/insert able tomtom gps, 18-inch wheels, and x-reas suspension. Oh yeah and sidestep bars instead of running boards which does look a lot better to me. Other than that, it is the same as most sr5 models. I love it and don't feel I was "jipped" in any way. I will prob just 86 the leveling kit in favor of a rear locker bc I want more than just a center locker. The ride quality diminshed a lot when I put the lift on the tundra thanks for the help. By the way, I've never understood why this rear locking diff feature was switched in favor of a center locker(conventional 4wd). I know the trail editions and trd tacomas have them but why not an suv with a great history of off-roading and more weight for traction in rear? Must be economical

Products Discussed in

To Top