SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Floridian Lost in Texas

Old 07-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
I'm dropping the hammer
Bawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really nice

Air Force: Chair Force
Name: Jon
Bawlzdeep's Tacoma Gallery
Floridian Lost in Texas

And loving it! No more gritty sand and salt water for this guy. I'm in San Angelo for a few months for school and I thought I'd take advantage of the alien terrain. Day 1 of exploration and I find a public off road course, looks like it's used mainly by dirt bikes but trails are still wide enough. Rocky hills are just better in every way than that sand BS. I had a blast. There's a lot of trails and land back there. I probably saw 5% of it. I need to get some folks out there with me before I try some of the more difficult obstacles.

Here's some pics

Old 07-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #2
I'm dropping the hammer
Bawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really nice

Did some fishing.

1st trip was Twin Buttes. We caught nothin! Aint no fish in that dang'ol lake man!

We decided we'd go to a different lake every weekend. Since it's going to involve a long drive and were gonna be drinkin we opted to get some new camping gear from Academy. Stay the night and start fresh in the AM.

O.H. Ivie Res. 4th of July

Dinner

Sunrise
Old 07-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
dfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Goose
dfrugia's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome!!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
How long do you have till you have to go back to FL? If you have a long weekend you should either go to Bridgeport or Hidden Falls. Those parks attract people from hours and hours away to wheel there.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:44 AM   #5
cdk has a spectacular aura aboutcdk has a spectacular aura about
Name: Chris
cdk's Tacoma Gallery
twin buttes has some nice areas to wheel. used to ride 4wheelers out there all the time.
watch out for texas parks & wildlife, they sneak up outa nowhere.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
"Jedi Knight and friend to Captain dsaltus"
Dagobah is on a distinguished road

Name: Zane
Dagobah's Tacoma Gallery
If you go to hidden falls, let me know. I'll assemble the Austin area crew.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #7
I'm dropping the hammer

Hidden Falls looks awesome! I'd love to go, just a 3hr drive. I'll have to get my exhaust finished before I do another road trip. Let me check the schedule and see what dates are good. Is there fishing and camping? I know a couple of my buddies will want to come too.

If all goes to plan, I'll be out of here at the end of Oct but I still don't know what base I'm going to next.

CDK- We've already had a couple run ins with Texas F+W and the local Cops. No problems though. We've got fishing licenses so they were just interested on how the fishing was going and of course wanted to check out the 4Runner. This town absolutely loves the military, unlike a lot of other places. Not a bad gig for another 4months
Old 07-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #8
"Jedi Knight and friend to Captain dsaltus"
Dagobah is on a distinguished road

Name: Zane
Dagobah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawlzdeep View Post
Marble Falls looks awesome! I'd love to go, just a 3hr drive. I'll have to get my exhaust finished before I do another road trip. Let me check the schedule and see what dates are good. Is there fishing and camping? I know a couple of my buddies will want to come too.
Sweet! PM me when you know more about when you might want to do it.
Or just come post in our thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tex...y-meet-12.html
Old 07-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #9
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Texas is pretty military friendly as long as you don't have your head up your ass. Enjoy it while you are here; if you get stuck in California or Virginia you will quickly forget the feeling.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #10
I'm dropping the hammer

Another short trip in TX

Closest I've been to flopping my rig. Puckered a lil bit!

And my buddies Dodge (33's no lift)
Old 10-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #11
cdk has a spectacular aura aboutcdk has a spectacular aura about
Name: Chris
cdk's Tacoma Gallery
just wondering if you had any updates?