SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

need your opinion please

Old 07-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #21
TW's number one gear whore
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 ZULU
Name: David
davestaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20TRD07 View Post
That is a good looking rig I was looking at it a few weeks ago on craigslist just thought he was asking way to much for it. I think it has been on there for like two months and hasn't moved yet. Doesn't seem like he is coming off the price any though.
yeah he is asking a fuck to for it....he just assked if i was willing to trade and i said yeah and he wants me to put 1k on top of the trade. bahahha not worth that much
Old 07-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #22
Numbnutz is a name known to allNumbnutz is a name known to allNumbnutz is a name known to allNumbnutz is a name known to allNumbnutz is a name known to allNumbnutz is a name known to all
Name: Jason
Numbnutz's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure what the market is like in Virginia for older Toyota's but judging by what's for sale here in Oregon I'd say he's asking waaay too much for it. For what he's asking you could buy a straight axle runner in the same condition.

Also if you look closely at one of the last few photos of the tailgate it looks like its got some body damage.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:57 AM   #23
4Runner hooligan
Kevin B. is on a distinguished road

Kevin B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davestaco View Post
as far as i know its clean and runs like a
top....i guess 160k seemed high to me
Add me to the chorus, 160 is barely broken in. The 22RE is the engine that earned Toyota it's reputation. Change the oil and service the timing chain when you're supposed to and it'll run forever. That dude's way too proud of that truck, though. It's basically stock with some bling ... it's nice enough, but it isn't showroom nice. I wouldn't recommend you go over $3500, and that's only if you like that specific look. Personally, I think those tires are way too big (I bet he hasn't regeared), he doesn't need the body lift to fit them, and I hated having my spare on my roof, way too tippy. The bumper cutout for the winch cradle doesn't look very clean at all, either.

A mechanically sound but rough looking 1st gen will normally go between $1500 and $2500. If you're set on a motor swap, look for truck with a blown 3VZE, you'll get it cheaper and the 180-something-hp 5VZE is almost literally a bolt-in swap.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #24
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
not sure if it matters to you but it has been repainted, and might be hiding some bodywork under that paint, doesnt look like they took any of the plastic off to paint either

as far as the motor, at 160k thats nothing, might need the timing chain replaced at 200k but other than that, routine main. should be good to go.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #25
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Price is WAY TOO HIGH--Lots of extras--Still too much--appears to have a couple grand in tha tires and wheels.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:31 AM   #26
conquistador has a spectacular aura aboutconquistador has a spectacular aura aboutconquistador has a spectacular aura about

conquistador's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on the area you live in these 4Runners can be rare. On the west coast they are everywhere but here in Oklahoma these things are very hard to come by. I was able to pick up this rig for $4000 and it was a one owner vehicle with only had 97,000 miles.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:18 AM   #27
4Runner hooligan
Kevin B. is on a distinguished road

Kevin B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Here's a better truck - http://www.yotatech.com/f108/1986-4r...ler-4k-256386/

I've watched that guys build thread, and that's twice the truck listed in the OP, for over a thousand less on the asking price.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #28
andy2003 will become famous soon enough

Name: Andy
andy2003's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by conquistador View Post
Depending on the area you live in these 4Runners can be rare. On the west coast they are everywhere but here in Oklahoma these things are very hard to come by. I was able to pick up this rig for $4000 and it was a one owner vehicle with only had 97,000 miles.

How you not even going to mention the hot lady making it look better good looking 4 runner man great find!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #29
TW's number one gear whore
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 ZULU
Name: David
davestaco's Tacoma Gallery
i have been trying to work a deal witht he guy but he is to high and mighty about his wheels and tires to come off the price. so its a no go on to looking for a 04 tacoma, a tundra, or a runner
Old 07-30-2012, 04:30 AM   #30
andy2003 will become famous soon enough

Name: Andy
andy2003's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Hey now don't rule out a fj
Old 07-30-2012, 05:27 AM   #31
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
just talked to him to see if i could work something out as well a possible trade for my reg cab lol or even cash in hand.

he sounds like he might move off of the price around a grand but, thats pushing it i think for him he sounds like he needs all of the 5k he is asking for it.

according to him the frame was straight and rust free, the body before he had it sprayed had some rust near the gas cap he said he used dome bondo then had it painted. it does not have a radio or ac and no rear seats i thought he might still have the rear seat but he does not. other than that the top he thinks is custom made for this 4runner which is actually pretty cool but, might not be easy to replace if the need should ever arise. the bead locks are no name bargain basement 2 piece steelies so i would not expect them to remain trouble free for long if used as a dd.

also and i know i'm tarded but, i thought it was a solid front axel but, its an ifs truck he also didn't mention performing any recent service on the motor trans or anything when i had asked so bear that in mind.

it looks like a neat truck that still needs a decent amount of work to make it nice and the body imo is suspect after actually talking to him.