SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Wishbone Runner's Build

Old 12-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #21
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Some pics from an ice fishing and snowheeling trip, new Duractracs were awesome in the snow.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #22
A HuL is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
A HuL's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome looking rig man i dig it
Old 05-13-2013, 08:20 AM   #23
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

A few updates, replaced the front wheel studs with the Dorman ones that are a half inch or so longer.

123autoparts.com #610-463

Old 05-13-2013, 08:21 AM   #24
Because 4R

Installed my Uniden PC68 and Wilson flex antennae. Bought a 9' Firering, and the solder at the ring broke during install, but it ended up being too short anyway, then went to the truck stop and picked up a high quality 18' coax and cut one end and crimped and soldered ring terminals for a clean install, got a 1.2 SWR right off the bat.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:13 AM   #25
downpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant future
Name: Rob
downpour11's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks good! That's an interesting spot for a CB though... why'd you put it there?
Old 05-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #26
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by downpour11 View Post
Truck looks good! That's an interesting spot for a CB though... why'd you put it there?
Couldn't find anywhere better for now. I can reach it from the driver seat and make adjustments, just cant see them, so I have been getting a feel for doing it blind. The only one that I really need to see is the channel, but if I know what channel I am on, I can just count up or down. Eventually I would like to do a face plate relocation to the the hidden cubby in the glove box.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/moa...ml#post6761995
Old 05-16-2013, 09:56 PM   #27
Mad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Marty
Mad Man Marty's Tacoma Gallery
Nice clean runner.
And i love the dirt roads (trails on the east coast) in your state.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #28
Because 4R

Been a busy couple of weeks, 2000 miles and 3 states. Memorial day went to the Big Horn in Wyo to float all weekend, bagged some nice fish. Camped in the Wind River canyon, absolutely beautiful, minus the RVs running generators starting at 5 in the AM.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #29
Because 4R

Then, prepping for Moab, finally piked up a full size spare to go into the rotation. It hurt a little sanding up a brand new perfectly good powder coat, but I think the final product came out nicely.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #30
Because 4R

Then, off to Moab for three days of biking, hiking and wheeling.

Klondike bluffs for a ride:

Then to Mill Creek to cool off:

Seven Mile Rim

Old 06-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #31
Because 4R

Wipeout Hill, I went down the left line that BigFishAllDay is going down here, and then up the other side. Loaded Taco took video and a ton of pics, will share when I get them from him. I was very stoked to make it up, only had to stack a few rocks.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #32
Because 4R

Wipeout carnage:

Old 06-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #33
Because 4R

Tusher Tunnel

Old 06-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #34
Because 4R

Top of the World

Old 06-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #35
Because 4R

Old 06-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #36
Because 4R

A few videos from Moab, big thanks to Pete aka Loaded Taco for the videos.

http://youtu.be/SixU_o2BSxA

http://youtu.be/VEhHW0mxZHc
Old 06-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #37
Dr. Gonzo will become famous soon enoughDr. Gonzo will become famous soon enough
Dr. Gonzo's Tacoma Gallery
Moab looks awesome. Maybe I'll make it back to Utah one day.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #38
Because 4R

A few pics from this weekend running Chinaman's Gulch and the Hancock Pass area.

Got some nice body scratches on the first hard obstacle, not sure what it is called, but a tricky set of ledges with a rock that you slide into when you spin your wheels. The rest of the trail was pretty awesome, and probably one of the hardest trails I have completed, including anything I had done out in Moab. The sand everywhere made for tricky traction on obstacles that should not have been too difficult, and if you got hung up too badly, it was easy to get burried if you did not back out quickly, which was how I got stuck for the first time ever on a trail, three times. A quick tug out and a new line got me going through everything without ever a tug forward. I got stuck in this spot twice, but my buddy buried himself proper.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #39
Because 4R

Random shots throughout the trail. The crew was 5 LCs, 3 jeeps, me and a 1st gen taco. I was probably the least equipped vehicle, everyone else at least had a rear locker, and everyone but me and the taco and the white Grand Cherokee were on 35's.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #40
Because 4R

Paint modification.