SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Wishbone Runner's Build

Old 09-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #61
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
A few pics from recent trips, and carnage. Full report:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...r-pass-co.html

Old 09-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #62
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Phase III of front end rebuild, complete! Notes and parts list here: http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21382

Old 09-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #63
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
well done
Old 09-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #64
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
well done
Thanks, I think you were the one that recommended CVJ to me, so back at cha!
Old 11-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #65
Because 4R

Been a very busy fall filled with all sorts of awesomeness in the runner.

Moab: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/moa...1-10-13-a.html

Old 11-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #66
Because 4R

Crested Butte Area: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...gh-passes.html

Old 11-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #67
Because 4R

Bill Moore Lake

Kingston Peak/James Peak Lakes

Old 11-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #68
Because 4R

Fishing up in Wyo.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #69
"young Brett"
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Squeaky Penguin's Tacoma Gallery
You don't get out on nearly enough trips

Mallcrawler
Old 11-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #70
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky Penguin View Post
You don't get out on nearly enough trips

Mallcrawler
I know, right!

I actually had hoped to get a few more trips in, but all that early snow had other ideas!
Old 11-07-2013, 11:41 PM   #71
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
Fishing up in Wyo.
Where about in Wy? Great Pics.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:05 AM   #72
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 307th Expeditionary Sig BN
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build, pretty badass pics man
Old 11-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #73
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaEcho2k5 View Post
Where about in Wy? Great Pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappes03 View Post
Nice build, pretty badass pics man
Thanks guys.

Miracle Mile section of the N. Platte, about 2 hours from you.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #74
nimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
nimrod712's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd.
Wish the scenery was as good down here as it is out there. Nice pics!
I'm planning an expedition type trip out there at some point in the future, so I may be picking your brain later lol.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #75
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod712 View Post
Sub'd.
Wish the scenery was as good down here as it is out there. Nice pics!
I'm planning an expedition type trip out there at some point in the future, so I may be picking your brain later lol.
Thanks, and definitely, would be happy to help out any way I can.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #76
Because 4R

Thew a pair of 18W LEDs on the front, took off the 500s, looks a little goofy, but only temporary until they get put in a steel bumper. I got a pair of amber covers as well for inclement weather.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #77
Because 4R

Also took off the skids for the winter to give them a fresh cost and cut a little weight off or the winter. I would say I got good use out of them this summer

Old 12-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #78
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
How do you like the RCI skids after using em like you have?
Old 12-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #79
Because 4R

Well, they have done their job, but I ran into a few issues throughout their use. First was the transfer case skid that is not compatible with my Shrock sliders, so I had to chop them up a bit which significantly weakened them and resulted in bending, but not to the point of any damage to anything else.

Second, about 2/3 of the mounting points weld-o-nuts in the factory mounting spots either stripped out or broke off, so I had to come up with some creative solutions to keep them tight, but they worked out in the end.

I am going to pickup a welder this winter and reinforce them as well as come up with some new mounting solutions, which should get everything back to snuff. So, I would say they worked out for me, but I had to do some work on them (through no fault of the design or manufacture) to keep them running, but some may have had issue if they beat on them as hard as I did and did not do any upkeep on them.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #80
Because 4R

I should also mention that Josh said he would give me a new crossmember if I trashed the cut up one, which I plan to take him up on and weld my sliders on, after a body lift, which will fix the problems that I had with interference.