Wishbone Runner's Build

Old 03-22-2014, 12:40 PM   #141
Lynn123 is on a distinguished road
Name: Lynn
Lynn123's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Love the pic of your dog stuffed in the back too. LOL
Old 03-24-2014, 09:18 AM   #142
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn123 View Post
Nice! Love the pic of your dog stuffed in the back too. LOL
Thanks, I have begun to let him ride in the back seat as he has been getting older, although with the new lift and the truck getting taller we will see.

Here is what I got done this weekend. Stock bumper off Friday night, winch mount done in about 5 hours on Saturday, and most of Sunday to get the rest cut and tacked, then began to fully weld everything last night.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:04 AM   #143
"young Brett"
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Squeaky Penguin's Tacoma Gallery
You don't waste any time! Barley finished the rear bumper, tons of progress on the front.

Next time I'm down to the front range I'll bring a bunch of steel and a bunch of beer and see how quick you can knock out a rear bumper for me! I bet a swingout would take longer to build then the rest of the bumper though.....
Old 03-24-2014, 11:43 AM   #144
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky Penguin View Post
You don't waste any time! Barley finished the rear bumper, tons of progress on the front.

Next time I'm down to the front range I'll bring a bunch of steel and a bunch of beer and see how quick you can knock out a rear bumper for me! I bet a swingout would take longer to build then the rest of the bumper though.....
Haha, this one cam together soooooooooooo much easier than the rear, mainly because of the ease of mounting, cutting up the rear and coming up with a mounting solution took the longest. I was actually quite surprised how quick I got the front ready, cutting the metal with the damn 4.5" angle grinder really slows things down, and I still got through it pretty fast.

That's why I did not do the swingout at this time, I wanted to avoid the additional cost and time. I am going to take a similar approach with the front, I plan to add a winch and a LED bar cutout at a later point, just getting it trail ready is the main objective right now.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:40 AM   #145
Because 4R

Here she is, pretty much complete, tube on order for a center hoop, and add an additional mounting bracket and a few gussets, skid for the front and a few holes for air flow.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:09 PM   #146
Because 4R

Remounted the washer bottle this afternoon, as it was in the way of the King resi mounts and generally ugly w/out being covered by the stock bumper. Ended up being pretty easy and came out well. The wires and tubes needed to be cut free from their mounts so they would reach under the hood, other than that pretty straight forward, used RTV to reseal. Currently just wedged in and one zip tie holding it, will see if it needs more support.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:24 AM   #147
Because 4R

Bumper complete and took a trip to Utah for some fishing and to finally get some miles on the truck with all of the new additions.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:33 AM   #148
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good man. Why aren't you running those new meats?
Old 04-14-2014, 10:41 AM   #149
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
Looking good man. Why aren't you running those new meats?
Thanks dude. I was waiting for the end of the snow season as well as to get this last high mileage non-wheelin trip in, I think this storm should be the last of it. I need to throw a fresh coat of paint on the wheels and then they are going on, hopefully by next week, pretty excited to see them on!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:50 AM   #150
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
Thanks dude. I was waiting for the end of the snow season as well as to get this last high mileage non-wheelin trip in, I think this storm should be the last of it. I need to throw a fresh coat of paint on the wheels and then they are going on, hopefully by next week, pretty excited to see them on!

Me too!

I am really liking the bumpers you made too, they look badass
Old 04-14-2014, 10:58 AM   #151
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
Me too!

I am really liking the bumpers you made too, they look badass
They were a TON of work, but I am prettyt happy with how they turned out, glad I am (mostly) done. Still need to finish up the bubmer skid, then get the rest of the skids wrapped up and back on.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:37 AM   #153
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmon420 View Post
awesome job on that front bumper!! looks sweet!
Thanks man, how's your quest for a 4R coming along?
Old 04-15-2014, 04:07 PM   #154
ozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really nice

ozmon420's Tacoma Gallery
haven't been able to find a 13 4r trail, so I might end up getting a 14 trail as soon as I land this new gig.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:59 AM   #155
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmon420 View Post
haven't been able to find a 13 4r trail, so I might end up getting a 14 trail as soon as I land this new gig.
Nice, some aren't a fan of the 14's, but I dig them. Good luck!
Old 04-21-2014, 04:26 PM   #156
Because 4R

Finished the cowl snorkle, full write up here: http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showt...985#post194985

Old 04-21-2014, 04:26 PM   #157
Because 4R

Also picked up a CO2 tank for cheap on Craigslist, need to get a high flow regulator though.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:53 PM   #158
"young Brett"
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I've got this awesome creek crossing in mind where you can test out that snorkel!
Old 04-21-2014, 07:42 PM   #159
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky Penguin View Post
I've got this awesome creek crossing in mind where you can test out that snorkel!

I think it should be good for everything up to over the hood, and I really don't want to ever be that deep anyways, I know this guy the recently flooded his truck, seems like a PITA to deal with

At least you didn't flood the engine.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:29 PM   #160
"young Brett"

If the passanger side would have been as deep as the driver side, I would have been damn close to getting water in the intake. Kept it running the entire time though.

And honestly, wasn't a huge PITA besides the carrier bearing. Only major problem with the flooded interior is that my truck still smells like shit.

So I (attempted to) fix that with one of those clip in air fresheners, so now I have Glade Clean Linen scent combined with musty, wet, 13 year old carpet. Such a lovely olfactory experience.