SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Wishbone Runner's Build

Old 09-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Wishbone Runner's Build

Current pics:

*King ET Coilovers w/650 lb springs
*Camburg UCA
*Metal Tech HD LT Rear Springs w/ MT Spec'd Icon 2.0 VS
*Mickey Thompson Classic Lock II 16x8
*Home built rear LCAs
*Hankook RT03 295/75/16
*Shrockworks Sliders
*RCI Skids

*Hella 4000
*18W LED Fogs
*Custom box w/ sub and compressor

*Pioneer P4300
*Polk DB 6501 component speakers
*Polk MM2124 12" Sub
*Garmin Nuvi 2450LM
*Uniden PC 68 CB w/ Wilson Flex
Old 09-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

More Pics:

Moab

CO front range

Telluride

Tetons
Old 09-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #3
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack MeHoff
jivewalker's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, wish there were trails like that here! Only swamps and dirt roads and few parks within a few hours. Nice pics!
Old 09-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #4
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
I CANNOT WAIT to get out to Colorado and ride the trails! I will live there one of these days. Nice 4Runner!
Old 09-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #6
Because 4R

285 Duratracs are next on the list, trying to decide if I want to wait to have the funds for new wheels (Mickey Thompson Classic Locks) or go with spacers for the time being. I currently have 17" wheels, but would get 16" if I get wheels/tires at the same time, decisions, decisions . . .
Old 09-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #7
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
I wana runner so bad and nice build op can't wait for what your gunna do next
I am kinda in the opposite boat. I love the runner, but am often space limited as I do a lot of camping/fishing/bike racing and haul around a ton of gear, so a Taco would probably better suit my needs. Still paying off the Runner, but once I am done and saved some cash for some mods, I will probably be looking for a '12+ DCSB Taco.

One feature that I love on the runner that the tacos do not have is the locking center diff. I run a lot of sandstone trails, like in Moab, that are basically like pavement and I can have the option of unlocking the center diff to make hard turns without worrying about stressing the diffs. I wonder how bad it is on the diffs when in 4 w/out a center diff, but most 4x4s dont have the center diff and do it all the time, so I am probably just over thinking it . . .
Old 09-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #8
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
I am kinda in the opposite boat. I love the runner, but am often space limited as I do a lot of camping/fishing/bike racing and haul around a ton of gear, so a Taco would probably better suit my needs. Still paying off the Runner, but once I am done and saved some cash for some mods, I will probably be looking for a '12+ DCSB Taco.

One feature that I love on the runner that the tacos do not have is the locking center diff. I run a lot of sandstone trails, like in Moab, that are basically like pavement and I can have the option of unlocking the center diff to make hard turns without worrying about stressing the diffs. I wonder how bad it is on the diffs when in 4 w/out a center diff, but most 4x4s dont have the center diff and do it all the time, so I am probably just over thinking it . . .
That's the nice part about 4runner reason I like them.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #9
Because 4R

A few pics from this weekend, Yankee Hill to Kingston Peak and over. Posing with James Peak and the divide in the back drop.

Stuffed

Old 10-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #10
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! Awesome 4Runner & pictures.
I've got a '05 V8 Runner that is 100% stock and likely will stay that way until the wife decides on another vehicle. Then it's mine, all mine...(insert evil laugh)...
Old 10-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #11
BOOMSHAKALAKA
boardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud of

Name: Bomb.com
boardude's Tacoma Gallery
Nice rig and bike! I have been itching to go up to Moab for some wheeling and mountain biking for a long time
Old 10-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #12
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardude View Post
Nice rig and bike! I have been itching to go up to Moab for some wheeling and mountain biking for a long time
Thanks for the compliments guys! I am headed back to Moab in two weeks and will have some fresh pics from the trip to share.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #13
Because 4R

New pics from Moab:

Derped the front and back silver bumper pieces:

Old 10-23-2012, 06:00 AM   #14
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics! Id love to go to moab some day!

Where in CO are you? My wife and I are planning a trip through denver next spring and we want to hit up some offroad/mountain trails. NOthing too extreme, maybe some old mining sites or ghost towns and I dont know where to start looking. You can PM me if you dont want to clutter up your thread.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:42 AM   #15
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
Nice pics! Id love to go to moab some day!

Where in CO are you? My wife and I are planning a trip through denver next spring and we want to hit up some offroad/mountain trails. NOthing too extreme, maybe some old mining sites or ghost towns and I dont know where to start looking. You can PM me if you dont want to clutter up your thread.
No problem, I am in Arvada, which is west of Denver near Golden. Let me know, there are tons of trails out here, from tame to as hard as you want. Check out Trail Damage for a list and map of just about every trail in the state: http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php
Old 10-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #16
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THanks for the link! maybe we can meet up and do a few trails runs next year when Im out there.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #17
Because 4R

Body mount chop and resonator delete courtesy of rockgecko03.

Gettin ready for these wrapped in 285 Duratracs this weekend.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #18
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
those wheels look sick!
Old 12-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #19
Because 4R

New socks and shoes, MT classic locks 16x8, -12 offset, 285 Duratracs:

Old 12-16-2012, 06:49 AM   #20

Looking great!!!