SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Just picked up this 3rd gen

Old 09-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #21
4Runner guy
Ripcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
Ripcord's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bskin View Post
Yeah I just checked that out, tons of great info in that thread. So is it recommended to just go ahead and replace the radiator regardless?
Either that or a bypassed cooler.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #22
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
The absolute best solution obviously, is replace with a KOYO rad without a built in cooler and then run an external cooler.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #23
bskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWaldz View Post
The absolute best solution obviously, is replace with a KOYO rad without a built in cooler and then run an external cooler.
But if I wanted to just do the rad then I would go with the Koyo A1998 as listed in Ripcord's thread?
Old 09-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #26
bskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
Keep in mind that's stock bumper of your is worth some money seen the 2wd mini truck scene likes that bumper lower and has stock fogs for clean look!
good to know because my stock bumper will be replaced at some point.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #27
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
But if I wanted to just do the rad then I would go with the Koyo A1998 as listed in Ripcord's thread?
You got it
Old 09-21-2012, 11:43 PM   #28
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

I see I'm not the only 3rd Gen owner from T4R.ORG here! lol! Some great builds over on that site.... and a ton of good reference material!Check into build thread by BigFishAllday, Blcktpgsr, and Dirtco for great ideas, and good writeups!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #29

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightman80 View Post
I see I'm not the only 3rd Gen owner from T4R.ORG here! lol! Some great builds over on that site.... and a ton of good reference material!Check into build thread by BigFishAllday, Blcktpgsr, and Dirtco for great ideas, and good writeups!
I'll check those out I can't wait to start working on my runner.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #30

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my icon coilovers and OME stuff from DSM, can't wait to get everything installed!
Old 10-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #31
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to the club. ive had my 4runner for about 3 years and i just found out about the pink milkshake. now im skerred.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #32
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just got my icon coilovers and OME stuff from DSM, can't wait to get everything installed!
Nice! I'm a little jealous. My 98 is getting a cheap lift to start out- Revtek spacer front, OME coil/5100s rear; but that will probably be ditched down the road for bigger and better things... SAS.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #33

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Nice! I'm a little jealous. My 98 is getting a cheap lift to start out- Revtek spacer front, OME coil/5100s rear; but that will probably be ditched down the road for bigger and better things... SAS.
Well if your going to do the SAS no point in nice coilovers now. I'm interested in how these icons will be compared to the kings I had on my taco. I did have Sonny soften up the low speed dampening on these so they should be pretty smooth, I guess my suspension can handle armor now