SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Just picked up this 3rd gen

Old 09-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
bskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked up this 3rd gen

I was trying to get a 1st gen Tacoma but couldn't find one that I wanted at the right price, so I found this 2002 T4R at a great price and I really like it so far. I can't wait to start working on it.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that's nice. I always wanted a 3rd or 4th gen to wheel.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #3
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bskin View Post
I was trying to get a 1st gen Tacoma but couldn't find one that I wanted at the right price, so I found this 2002 T4R at a great price and I really like it so far. I can't wait to start working on it.

So sexy!!! I love my Sunfire Red and very jealous of your hood. Want to trade??? Got any plans for it?
Old 09-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great Bryant! Welcome to the 3rd gen club!
Old 09-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #5
bskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
So sexy!!! I love my Sunfire Red and very jealous of your hood. Want to trade??? Got any plans for it?
Yeah spend way too much money....coilovers, sliders, bumpers. Might be a while I'm gonna focus on maintenance stuff to start out.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:26 PM   #6
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man, you gonna drive that down on the 30th when we meet?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #7

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Looks great Bryant! Welcome to the 3rd gen club!
Thanks! I'm not really liking the front bumper options for these 3rd gens. Just sayin.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:33 PM   #8

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timicha View Post
looks good man, you gonna drive that down on the 30th when we meet?
Yep, I'm thinking a first gen taco bumper would be a pretty close fit, you'll have to take a closer look.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:16 AM   #9
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks! I'm not really liking the front bumper options for these 3rd gens. Just sayin.
I'll be building some off mine soon!
btw- 4runner is totally different than the tacoma when it comes to bumpers.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:37 AM   #10

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll be building some off mine soon!
btw- 4runner is totally different than the tacoma when it comes to bumpers.
Nice! Keep me updated. How long have u had the runner?
Old 09-20-2012, 12:39 AM   #11
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Grats man!!
Old 09-20-2012, 01:15 AM   #12

Quote:
Nice! Keep me updated. How long have u had the runner?
since like June I think it was. '98 with 5speed, moon roof, double din DVD already in it.
Got the lift and tires for it sitting at my shop for the last 2mo, just havent had time to install it and need to pick wheels.
Might be installing the lift and working on the bumpers here in a week or 2.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #13

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
since like June I think it was. '98 with 5speed, moon roof, double din DVD already in it.
Got the lift and tires for it sitting at my shop for the last 2mo, just havent had time to install it and need to pick wheels.
Might be installing the lift and working on the bumpers here in a week or 2.
5speed would have been fun, what lift did you go with?
Old 09-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #14
1LEGGED BADASS
1LEGGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed1LEGGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed1LEGGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed1LEGGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed1LEGGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed1LEGGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed1LEGGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed1LEGGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed1LEGGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed1LEGGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed1LEGGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11b
Name: Ryan
1LEGGER's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of tundra 231mm brakes for sale so you can do the tundra brake upgrade
Old 09-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #15
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking 4Runner! Got any questions or need ideas.. just holler!!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #16

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWaldz View Post
Great looking 4Runner! Got any questions or need ideas.. just holler!!
Thanks, I'm sure I'll have questions. I don't know how to explain it but the t4r just seems like it's more well made than the Tacoma.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #17

Quote:
5speed would have been fun, what lift did you go with?
yeah the 5 speed is great. I test drove 3 or 4 autos and then one manual and I was set on having to get a manual. Just drove a lot better to me, so then I kept looking and finally found the one I bought a couple weeks later. It was practically a bidding war to get my hands on it ahead of another guy.
I picked up an ome lift with 5125's for the rear shocks.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #18
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks, I'm sure I'll have questions. I don't know how to explain it but the t4r just seems like it's more well made than the Tacoma.
I've noticed this as well. My old 99 Taco was nice, but not as sturdy as the 4runner. Mainly because the 4runner is aimed towards the soccer mom genre and the Taco is work truck. T4R.org has a ton of info and some great build threads to get idea's from. One suggestion is getting a transmission cooler or new radiator because the stock radiator has a history of failing and mixing the tranny fluid and radiator fluid together. This is called the "pink milkshake" or "strawberry milkshake" and can ruin your transmission.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #20

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord View Post
3rd gen is ftw! Red '02 sports are rare too.

Not to plug my own thread, but the 3rd gen Buyer's Guide also has a new owners info area.
Yeah I just checked that out, tons of great info in that thread. So is it recommended to just go ahead and replace the radiator regardless?