1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Transmission issues.

Discussion in '4Runners' started by Spagget13, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Oct 16, 2012 at 6:19 PM
    Spagget13

Spagget13 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Lake Havasu City
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD off road ext cab
    Mcm Fabrication4x4 long travel kit, ADS coilovers, ADS bumps Deaver h70/e30 Leafs, 2.5x16 king double bypasses, straight pipe after cat, Glassworks Fiberglass front and rear.
    So my girlfriend has a 94 4runner and had the engine rebuilt a few 1000 miles ago and just recently had the transmission rebuilt. I went under to check things out and this is what I found. There is oil everywhere (I don't remember if the transmission guy cleaned everything or not), but I'm a little concerned. I don't know much about 4runners as I have a tacoma. Any help would be appreciated.

photo (2).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    photo (5).jpg

2. Oct 24, 2012 at 5:18 PM
    Bawlzdeep

Bawlzdeep I'm dropping the hammer

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Penn Valley CA
    Vehicle:
    S/C'd 97 4Runner 5spd
    lift, tires, winch, 5spd swap, dual lockers..
    The section where those two holes are house the torque converter/clutch and is a completely dry chamber and does not need to be water tight. If you are sure that it's engine oil, follow it to the highest we spot, and more than likely you will find yourself at the valve covers. You can tighten them down with a 10mm. A few 1000 miles is about the right time to go back over all the bolts again to ensure proper torque and check for leaks. Hope that's all it is, good luck.

Products Discussed in

To Top