SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Automatic clutch slipping/ not fully dis-engaging?

Old 12-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
Spagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
Spagget13's Tacoma Gallery
Automatic clutch slipping/ not fully dis-engaging?

My girlfriend has a 94 and from what she's telling me, it wont shift out of third into fourth right away unless you really give it the beans and rev it into the 5k range! She says that when shes in the high rpms it doesn't shift for a minute or two, but after that, it's completely fine. I'm thinking it's an electrical issue but I've no idea. Any of you 4runner Guru's that can help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, the transmission has recently been flushed last week and has also had the filter replaced. It's also been rebuilt within the last 3 months.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like someone fucked up on the rebuild.

Hope it has a warranty.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Flush or drain and fill? What was going on with the rebuild?
Old 12-13-2012, 06:07 AM   #4
I'm dropping the hammer
Bawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really nice

Air Force: Chair Force
Name: Jon
Bawlzdeep's Tacoma Gallery
The fluid level is the first place I would look.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:23 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawlzdeep View Post
x2. Check the fluid level. Also, why were you flushing a brand new transmission? Did you try the flush to remedy the problem or did the problem arise as a result of the fluid flush? If the problem was there before you flushed the transmission, then get the truck back to the shop that rebuilt it because they screwed it up.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #6
Spagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
Spagget13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Sounds like someone fucked up on the rebuild.

Hope it has a warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
Flush or drain and fill? What was going on with the rebuild?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawlzdeep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
x2. Check the fluid level. Also, why were you flushing a brand new transmission? Did you try the flush to remedy the problem or did the problem arise as a result of the fluid flush? If the problem was there before you flushed the transmission, then get the truck back to the shop that rebuilt it because they screwed it up.

Tranny was service about 3 months ago. Has a 6 month warranty so I think we will send it back pretty soon. Yes we did flush the tranny Last weekend so fluid is fresh and the level is where it needs to be.