SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Non-ABS axle shafts in ABS housing?

Old 12-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
I'm dropping the hammer
Bawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really nice

Air Force: Chair Force
Name: Jon
Bawlzdeep's Tacoma Gallery
Non-ABS axle shafts in ABS housing?

So I'm about to do my rear brakes and axle seals for the 5th time now thanks to scarred shafts. They're both scarred from someone trying to grind off the bearing/ABS rings. Every time I replace the seals I know it's only a matter of time before they leak again and toast the brakes. I'm looking at replacing them with these Toyota, Suzuki Samurai, and Jeep Off Road Parts but as you can see, they are ABS only.

Will they fit my axle housing? E-locker with factory 4.30s

I'm not worried about ABS, it's already busted thankfully.

I've tried JB weld to fix the issue with no success. My only other idea besides replacing them is to take them to a machine shop, weld a bead in the scars and lathe them back down.

Thanks