SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Snow Rookie Tahoe National (pics)

Old 12-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
I'm dropping the hammer
Bawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really nice

Air Force: Chair Force
Name: Jon
Bawlzdeep's Tacoma Gallery
Snow Rookie Tahoe National (pics)

We went looking for snow again, found it....again ALOT of it! HWY 20 was closed out of Nevada City so we took Red Dog Rd which then turns into Banner Quaker Hill Rd and gets pretty awesome. Too awesome for a snow rookie rolling solo. We lost our cell signal a few miles in and for lack of a better word, I was lost. Following SnowCat tracks up the mountain for a few miles. Nothing was matching the map and the snow was getting deeper, about 2ft when I turned around. That was fun, had to use the winch several times including the U-turn. At least we were prepared for camping it out this time. But we won't be going that way again unless it's with someone that knows the area.

The trail was amazing, very fun. Even got another save on the way out. Just an old F-250 that slid off into the ditch (outside corner). The Ol Sea Turtle made it look easy.

I'm down to go again after I fix my rear axle. Replacing the shafts, bearings and seals.

This is right before it started getting bad, sliding and getting down to the mud.

Poor Ford is free
Old 12-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
awesome pics! id be way too much of a puss to ride solo. good thing you didnt get stuck.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:54 AM   #3
I'm dropping the hammer
Bawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really nice

Never get stuck with a winch! But if that goes then I am running on military survival skills, we were nowhere near far enough out for me to be worried. Plenty of gas to keep the truck idling for days and enough clips to keep off zombies on my belt, 2 tents, 5 sleeping bags and of course food and water for 3 days.

The wife worries sometimes, but she's supposed to. What fun would it be if we always thought we were OK? New fears, AKA training tools! I can give a 99% chance of no mortars and somewhat breathable air. Complaints? None!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
www.okledlightbars.com
zilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
zilla68's Tacoma Gallery
nice pics, your lucky to have such beautiful places to wheel!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #5
I'm dropping the hammer

We are very lucky to be here. I can't wait to see what the rest of the seasons are going to be like!