SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

What is Limited

Old 01-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
fouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Riley
fouillard13's Tacoma Gallery
What is Limited

I just bought a 2001 Toyota 4runner off a buddy who hit a fence. He wrecked the passenger mirror. fender and rear side window are the major damage. The vehicle was mint before. I paid $2400. Runs and drives great. It has rear locker. cd/cassette with factory door tweeters. sun roof. No leather. Is it limited? What is limited?
Old 01-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
fouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

also has 137k miles on it
Old 01-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Good Read
Old 01-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #4
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Limited would have the side "limited" emblems, leather seats and I believe possibly wood trim interior.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
2013NauticalTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
2013NauticalTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fouillard13 View Post
also has 137k miles on it
NO the limited started in 2013 this year is the first year the limited package was put on by the dealer on the Tacomas. other models have had limited trim packages for years but the tacoma was just late to the game. personally the limiteds look weak. they have no hood scoop(Sport/off road models only) and the suspension is set more for road driving conditions. The limited is the only Tacoma that has available Leather interior from the factory and has a pretty interior compared to the base models,But the 203 models most dealerships are getting the decked out interiors in all packages. the difference between the Off-road and sport is the off road only comes in a short bed and comes with the rear end locker. The Sport doesnt have a locker but has the long bed available as an option. Thats Y i opted for the sport mainly due to needing the long bed if i ever do any house work and need to haul drywall/lumber cause with the tailgate down i have 8FT. plus i didnt like the fact that my dirtbike if put in the bed of the truck only had 2 inches before the back tire would touch the end of the tailgate on the shortbed.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #6
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Read the link AlphaEcho linked. It should answer all of your questions and provide some useful tips. The 2001-2002 don't have a rear lock, but a center diff locker. Basically turning it from AWD to 4WD. All Limiteds came with leather, so you probably have a SR5. Post some pics and sounds like you got a great deal.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #7
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013NauticalTaco View Post
NO the limited started in 2013 this year is the first year the limited package was put on by the dealer on the Tacomas. other models have had limited trim packages for years but the tacoma was just late to the game. personally the limiteds look weak. they have no hood scoop(Sport/off road models only) and the suspension is set more for road driving conditions. The limited is the only Tacoma that has available Leather interior from the factory and has a pretty interior compared to the base models,But the 203 models most dealerships are getting the decked out interiors in all packages. the difference between the Off-road and sport is the off road only comes in a short bed and comes with the rear end locker. The Sport doesnt have a locker but has the long bed available as an option. Thats Y i opted for the sport mainly due to needing the long bed if i ever do any house work and need to haul drywall/lumber cause with the tailgate down i have 8FT. plus i didnt like the fact that my dirtbike if put in the bed of the truck only had 2 inches before the back tire would touch the end of the tailgate on the shortbed.
Haha, this is the 4runner sub-forum...
Old 01-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #8

Quote:

we are talking 4 runners
Old 01-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #9

I have a button on the left side of dash that "locks"? and 16" rims
Old 01-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #10
2013NauticalTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
2013NauticalTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy

Quote:
correction i thought you said Tacoma my bad
Old 01-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #11
4runner Troll

Well there was no factory rear locker for a 2001.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #12
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2000 limited runner. I have no locker. I have the AWD BUTTON 4 high and 4 low. Wood trim, a sun roof, and leather
Old 01-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #13

Just read that. Mine has a few of the limited. it has 16" wheels. 6 speaker. dual visor vanity mirror
Old 01-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #14

Old 01-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #15
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
^^^
Not limited. You don't have the limited door trim. Stand by ill get a photo of mine.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #16

Sorry it's so big. That is the nice side. Other side needs fender mirror and window. $250 quotes from local wreckers. Was going to buy till i realized that it was the wrong color. Mine is millennium silver metallic. and rear quarter panel has a few lil dents. Not a bad deal for $2400. Runs awesome!
Old 01-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #18
4runner Troll

You pretty much stole that thing. Yeah it's an SR5 and looks to be in good shape, with a little bit of that Norther rust.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #19

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
That's for sure a score. Plus the rear locker is better than leather. Just get nice seat covers haha!
Old 01-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #20

We actually dont see to much rust around here.we dont salt unless your in a big city. The bumpers always rust becuase they build up with mud and water and rust inside out.