SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Tacoma to 4runner

Old 02-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #21
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chen View Post
Well, I'm thinking about selling my 03 DC Pre Runner and moving into a 3rd gen 4runner. My question is do any of you that have gone from a Tacoma regret it? I don't have to sell the truck, I'm just making payments and really would rather not be. The other big thing is I really want 4x4 to wheel with, if I get a runner I will be able to spend some cash on mods pretty quickly. I just don't want to sell and then regret it later.

I'm in the same boat (the trade in), my tacoma has been stricken with the power steering issuses since day one. I just have to convince the wife trading in a '04 with 65K miles for a '02 Sport 4x4 T4R with 125k is worth it... Good luck.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #22
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
GoDeacsWFU23's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 2011 Tacoma and now have a 2012 4Runner. Gas mileage is not as good, ride is about the same, seats are more comfortable. I prefer the 4Runner over the Tacoma.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:07 PM   #23
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
I needed both. I would be devastated without one. If I had to pick, It would be a no brainer trading a pre runner for a T4R. Do it.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:14 AM   #24
Taco noob
.28 is on a distinguished road

Name: miguel
.28's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to .28
I made the switch about a month ago. went from a single cab 4x4 though to a 4th gen V8 Sport.. Love it..
From this.. Had enough of the lack of power though.. Don't buy into they have plenty cause I never did adjust to that... Great truck other than that..

to this..

Old 03-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #25
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by .28 View Post
I made the switch about a month ago. went from a single cab 4x4 though to a 4th gen V8 Sport.. Love it..
From this.. Had enough of the lack of power though.. Don't buy into they have plenty cause I never did adjust to that... Great truck other than that..

to this..

Looks sweet man. Nice upgrade.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:27 AM   #26
buckeyeguy has a brilliant futurebuckeyeguy has a brilliant futurebuckeyeguy has a brilliant futurebuckeyeguy has a brilliant futurebuckeyeguy has a brilliant futurebuckeyeguy has a brilliant futurebuckeyeguy has a brilliant futurebuckeyeguy has a brilliant futurebuckeyeguy has a brilliant futurebuckeyeguy has a brilliant futurebuckeyeguy has a brilliant future
buckeyeguy's Tacoma Gallery
Glad I checked out the 4Runner forum. I have been debating trading in my 08 Tacoma DC Pre-Runner with 105k for a new 4Runner. I absolutely LOVE my Tacoma, but my family needs have changed and the trade off of open bed to enclosed, secure storage looks more attractive. Add in the couple of snow storms that I really needed 4wd in, and I think the 4Runner is looking pretty attractive.

Im glad to see others have made the same switch and are enjoying the 4Runner.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:53 AM   #27
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack MeHoff
jivewalker's Tacoma Gallery
I traded my 11 ORDC for a 12 trail edition a while back for family reasons, mainly travel. Still a fan of the tacos and love the runner!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jivewalker View Post
I traded my 11 ORDC for a 12 trail edition a while back for family reasons, mainly travel. Still a fan of the tacos and love the runner!
Post a pic in the 5 th gen thread so it doesn't turn into a huge fail and I want to see it
Old 03-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #29
Costa09 is on a distinguished road

Name: John
Costa09's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys need some help. Can any one tell me what size lift this may be? Not sure since it is a 4runner not tacoma. My wife really want a 4runner after nursing school and she will get one! But after seeing this I want one as well!! Also any idea what year and confirm if it is a trail edition Tacoma to 4runner-imageuploadedbytapatalk1362608152.214890.jpg
Old 03-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #30
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack MeHoff
jivewalker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costa09 View Post
Hey guys need some help. Can any one tell me what size lift this may be? Not sure since it is a 4runner not tacoma. My wife really want a 4runner after nursing school and she will get one! But after seeing this I want one as well!! Also any idea what year and confirm if it is a trail edition Attachment 199523
Based on the light bezels and trim it appears to be a 5th gen trail edition. If I had to guess, id say it has a 2-3" lift, but thats just a guess. It probably doesnt have KDSS with that lift. Also, it could be an sr5 or limited upfitted with TE parts, some are doing that. Hope this helps.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costa09 View Post
Hey guys need some help. Can any one tell me what size lift this may be? Not sure since it is a 4runner not tacoma. My wife really want a 4runner after nursing school and she will get one! But after seeing this I want one as well!! Also any idea what year and confirm if it is a trail edition Attachment 199523
That thing looks sick. Its definitely 5th gen (2010-2013). I'm guessing it has Icons probably upfront and back given the decal. Icon shit is awesome but super expensive. I will likely be getting the Toytec 1-3" Complete kit. Its pretty affordable and I've heard good things. see below.
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 03-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #32

Costa09's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. I knew it looked to be a trail Edition. I can tell lifts on tacomas but I was unsure with this one. I thought it was 3" and anther inch or so from the tires. Just have never looked into lifts and upgrades for a 4 runner but I will be now. I still got A WHILE before I get a new truck so I got time I just love that set up and wanted to get some takes on it. Thanks again!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #33

Costa09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
That thing looks sick. Its definitely 5th gen (2010-2013). I'm guessing it has Icons probably upfront and back given the decal. Icon shit is awesome but super expensive. I will likely be getting the Toytec 1-3" Complete kit. Its pretty affordable and I've heard good things. see below.
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
That's a nice lift. My fiancee wants a 4runner also when she gets done with nursing school next summer hopefully. So that will probably be when I trade my tacoma in. She already talking about a family when she gets out of the program and into a job. So family style car for me will be a must to.