SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

2013 4Runner

Old 02-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
kws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kws129's Tacoma Gallery
2013 4Runner

Just pulled the trigger on a 2013 4Runner, think I'm gonna hurl.

Blizzard Pearl, SR5 with leather (black), and navigation.

The only day I spent more money was when I bought my house and I havean 09 taco I bought new.

Monthly payments here we come, and I had to trade in my 01 4Runner that was just getting broken in with 243k on the odometer.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
why hurl? thats a awesome vehicle. me and my girl was THIS CLOSE in trading in our 08 4runner (pretty much mint condition i might add) for a 4r like the one you just got. dealership didnt want to give us what we wanted so we backed off. wouldve totally jumped if we got what i wanted. LOL.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
kws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kws129's Tacoma Gallery
Thanksn for the support! It really is a very nice vehicle.

And it's what the wife wanted and she deserved it, hope it lives up to the performance of the '01 we had fro abotu 8 years.

I will say it drives like a dream, it's quiet, and I feel really safe putting my wife and 2 boys in that day to day. I'll post a couple pics once Iget the running boards, mud guards, and husky liners from the dealership.

I'll miss my '01 that truly was an awesome ride....but the new blizz is pretty cool!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:14 PM   #4
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kws129 View Post
Thanksn for the support! It really is a very nice vehicle.

And it's what the wife wanted and she deserved it, hope it lives up to the performance of the '01 we had fro abotu 8 years.

I will say it drives like a dream, it's quiet, and I feel really safe putting my wife and 2 boys in that day to day. I'll post a couple pics once Iget the running boards, mud guards, and husky liners from the dealership.

I'll miss my '01 that truly was an awesome ride....but the new blizz is pretty cool!
I'm right here with you so your not alone. You won't regret it. I'll be paying off our 11 for many years to come. I am totally with you. My wife works her ass off and she deserves a sick, safe ride that I love as well. So your wife and kids deserve it as well! Congrats.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #5
Deercamp has a spectacular aura aboutDeercamp has a spectacular aura about

Law Enforcement: Investigator
Name: Doug
Deercamp's Tacoma Gallery
2011 4Runner

I've got a 2011 Blizzard Pearl 4Runner Ltd.
Installed the following:

Weathertech mats
Husky mud flaps (Toyota parts did not have flaps for the car - the Husky's work fine and look like original equipment - easy installation
BajaRack - Expensive but you get what you pay for - easy installation
RainX Latitude wiper blades
AVS Ventshade

25,000 miles, only issues:

Would have preferred 18" tires
Display panel for clock/temperature/average mileage unreadable in sunlight
Old 02-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #6
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deercamp View Post
Installed the following:

Weathertech mats
Husky mud flaps (Toyota parts did not have flaps for the car - the Husky's work fine and look like original equipment - easy installation
AVS Ventshade

Did you get the drive shaft replaced for clunk problem? It's under warranty and they won't do it unless you request.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:22 AM   #7

2011 4Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
Did you get the drive shaft replaced for clunk problem? It's under warranty and they won't do it unless you request.
I'm not aware of the drive shaft problem- no clunk or other discernible issue. If the drive shaft is defective, at what mileage does the problem surface? (I once owned a Peugeot 504 that had a drive shaft clunk so I'm somewhat familiar with what you've described- however, if my driveshaft is not defective, I'm somewhat reluctant to send it in and have a mechanic replace it- sort of like- "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy. That being said, I appreciate your heads up and will begin doing some research regarding the driveshaft issue.
Thanks
Old 03-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #8

It just clunks at quick stop and go. I'm not sure if its even an issue but toyota said they would replace it. The sound is not pleasant. Had mine fixed and no more issues
Old 03-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #9
TacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
TacOffRoad11's Tacoma Gallery
I love my wifes 4Runner. Almost traded my Taco in on a Trail Edition but the needs of a truck outweighed the Runner.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #10

kws129's Tacoma Gallery
Just finished getting the running boards and mud guards put on over the weekend.

And having finally had the chance to really drive the car, I didn't go wrong. A little disappointed in a few things that I think Toyota cheapened up on the newer 4Runners compared ot the 2001 I had.
Attached Thumbnails
2013 4Runner-img-20130302-00257.jpg  
Old 03-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kws129 View Post
Just finished getting the running boards and mud guards put on over the weekend.

And having finally had the chance to really drive the car, I didn't go wrong. A little disappointed in a few things that I think Toyota cheapened up on the newer 4Runners compared ot the 2001 I had.
Looks good
Old 03-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #12

Quote:
I'm not aware of the drive shaft problem- no clunk or other discernible issue. If the drive shaft is defective, at what mileage does the problem surface? (I once owned a Peugeot 504 that had a drive shaft clunk so I'm somewhat familiar with what you've described- however, if my driveshaft is not defective, I'm somewhat reluctant to send it in and have a mechanic replace it- sort of like- "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy. That being said, I appreciate your heads up and will begin doing some research regarding the driveshaft issue.
Thanks

Dug this up for you man. I agree if yours isn't broke, I wouldnt worry but if you need it here it is for the dealer...
Attached Thumbnails
2013 4Runner-recall.jpg  
Old 03-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #13

kws129's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Installed the following:

Weathertech mats
AVS Ventshade

Did you put on the in channel vent shades? I heard some reports of them acting up with the auto power windows closing properly. With the windows being sensitive to the extra force it takes to close with them.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:03 AM   #14

Thanks for the Toyota Technical Service Bulletin- it appears that the drive shaft problem is related to SR5 and Trail models- I've got the Limited which has full time AWD - (which may explain why I haven't experienced clunk and why it's not mentioned in the bulletin.) However my neighbor has a new Trail Edition so I'll share your information with him- Thanks.

Re: AVS vent shades, they are not "in channel". They remain solidly intact and I don't notice any wind noise. Due to liberal use of salt on NH highways during winter I routinely use a local car wash that offers undercarriage spray /rust protection. (I used to wash vehicles by hand and spray the undercarriage with the hose - however my last truck -2004 Sierra was well on its way to becoming a rust bucket when I got rid of it last year- my mechanic highly recommended the car wash under-carriage protection on all my vehicles). The automatic car wash has not damaged or loosened the vent shades.