SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

5th Gen 4 Runner

Old 03-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #21
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Kind of curious, is there is a lot of issues with lifting and the KDSS system?
From what I've heard if you now that you are gonna get a new lift soon after purchase get one without the KDSS, but if it is mostly gonna be used onroad then the KDSS is the way to go. I know you can get the Trail's with and without the KDSS
Old 03-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #22
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Kind of curious, is there is a lot of issues with lifting and the KDSS system?
The KDSS is a hydraulic system with a cylinder attached to each sway bar. It's a system that helps stabilize the vehicle on road and provides a little more articulation off road. It's not difficult to lift a vehicle with the system. When I did my OME install I used ratchet straps to secure the cylinders. It was a bit tougher of an install but once I finished I didn't have to take the 4Runner in to have the KDSS calibrated. I've read people lift a KDSS rig without securing the cylinders it'll trip the dash light and the vehicle will have a drastic lean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
From what I've heard if you now that you are gonna get a new lift soon after purchase get one without the KDSS, but if it is mostly gonna be used onroad then the KDSS is the way to go. I know you can get the Trail's with and without the KDSS
. If you know what to expect with the KDSS it doesn't matter.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:05 AM   #23
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack MeHoff
jivewalker's Tacoma Gallery
the sway bars that come with KDSS are supposedly larger diameter and much more stout. I have nothing to compare to, but I will say I am very happy with the way it rides and corners compared to the sr5 I test drove.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:30 AM   #24
FatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
FatTiresRollin's Tacoma Gallery
Hello

Just joined this forum to keep track of HomerTaco and his Raptor grill MOD. Figured I would say hello!
Attached Thumbnails
5th Gen 4 Runner-img_0932.jpg  
Old 04-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #25
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTiresRollin View Post
Just joined this forum to keep track of HomerTaco and his Raptor grill MOD. Figured I would say hello!
Nice truck man. Lets see some more pics of that thing. About how much lift are you running?
Old 04-09-2013, 06:07 AM   #26
FatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
Nice truck man. Lets see some more pics of that thing. About how much lift are you running?
Thanks for the kind words! Unfortunately I don't have anymore current pics....I hope to have some soon. I just took off my bull bar to make room for a winch in the near future (Bull Bar for sale if anyone is interested...and the Westin 4" oval stainless nerf bars) and removed that black plastic airdam from under the front bumper to gain some more clearance and approach angle.

As far as the lift goes, I have the Bilstein 5100s cranked all the way up in the front to the 2.5" setting and a 1.5" Daystar spacer in the rear to level it out. Ground to center-of-fender well measurements started out at about 34.5" up front and 36.5" in the back and I was at 38" (give or take a 1/4") all the way around after the install...that was with the stock tires. Haven't taken any measurements since I put the 33s on.

as a reference, here is a pic from February on lift day before:
5th Gen 4 Runner-dsc_0085.jpg

and after:
5th Gen 4 Runner-dsc_0088.jpg

Here are a few more recent pics after the N-Fabs:
5th Gen 4 Runner-img_0844.jpg
5th Gen 4 Runner-img_0843.jpg

and a sunset photo:
5th Gen 4 Runner-img_0859.jpg

Haven't taken any good pics since the Duratrac install, Roof Rail blackout and Bull bar/air dam removal
Old 04-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #27
Slow lane cruiser
Bandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: USAF Firefighter gone legit
Name: Another Matt
Bandit's Tacoma Gallery

Satoshi
Old 04-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #28
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words! Unfortunately I don't have anymore current pics....I hope to have some soon. I just took off my bull bar to make room for a winch in the near future (Bull Bar for sale if anyone is interested...and the Westin 4" oval stainless nerf bars) and removed that black plastic airdam from under the front bumper to gain some more clearance and approach angle.

As far as the lift goes, I have the Bilstein 5100s cranked all the way up in the front to the 2.5" setting and a 1.5" Daystar spacer in the rear to level it out. Ground to center-of-fender well measurements started out at about 34.5" up front and 36.5" in the back and I was at 38" (give or take a 1/4") all the way around after the install...that was with the stock tires. Haven't taken any measurements since I put the 33s on.

as a reference, here is a pic from February on lift day before:
Attachment 206090

and after:
Attachment 206091

Here are a few more recent pics after the N-Fabs:
Attachment 206092
Attachment 206093

and a sunset photo:
Attachment 206094

Haven't taken any good pics since the Duratrac install, Roof Rail blackout and Bull bar/air dam removal
Looks bad ass. Like the sliders a lot more than the nerf. Bug shield looks sweet on these too havent seen too many of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post

Satoshi
Looks great man.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:26 AM   #29

Anyone reading here may already be a member, but if you want to see some sweet 5th gens and chat with an awesome group of people, head over to this forum http://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/ . 5th gen presence is very strong and from all over the country (and others).
Old 04-10-2013, 06:11 AM   #30
Slow lane cruiser
Bandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bandit's Tacoma Gallery
5th gen mod links:
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-ge...nks-faq-s.html
Old 04-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #31
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

225nontypical's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought the wife one last night. we traded off her sequoia because it got worse MPG then my tundra. I sure hope the 4 runner gets what they show it should. I know my Tacoma didn't but was close. either way it has to be better then 10MPG she was getting with the sequoia.
here is the old and new side by side
Old 04-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #32
Slow lane cruiser
Bandit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 225nontypical View Post
I just bought the wife one last night. we traded off her sequoia because it got worse MPG then my tundra. I sure hope the 4 runner gets what they show it should. I know my Tacoma didn't but was close. either way it has to be better then 10MPG she was getting with the sequoia.
With the SR5 my wife averages 20+mpg in town... 24mpg highway if you keep it below 70mph
Old 04-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #33

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 225nontypical View Post
Quote:
With the SR5 my wife averages 20+mpg in town... 24mpg highway if you keep it below 70mph
Solid upgrade. Got my wife one of these as well. I get to drive it on the weekends.

And TW is where all the cool 4 runner owners are hanging these days.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:46 AM   #34

You must be babying the hell out of that gas pedal. Before lift and tires my average MPG based on the computer was usually somewhere around 19 mpg. Now I am lucky for it to hit 17 mpg. The computer does not make the right calc with larger tires now...but you get the idea. I use to get 23-24 mpg coming down the mountain from Blacksburg, VA and about 16-17 mpg going up. Flat land would usually result in somewhere around 20 mpg. Not completely apples to apples since that is going 70-75 MPH. Long story short, with the stock 4runner, your computer read-out will probably fall right in the middle of the advertised values. probably 18-20 mpg for 50/50 highway/around town driving.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #35

Yea if I wanted super awesome gas mileage I would have gotten a prius or smart car. I love the trucks, even if they get horrible gas mileage.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #36
Slow lane cruiser
Bandit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You must be babying the hell out of that gas pedal. Before lift and tires my average MPG based on the computer was usually somewhere around 19 mpg. Now I am lucky for it to hit 17 mpg. The computer does not make the right calc with larger tires now...but you get the idea. I use to get 23-24 mpg coming down the mountain from Blacksburg, VA and about 16-17 mpg going up. Flat land would usually result in somewhere around 20 mpg. Not completely apples to apples since that is going 70-75 MPH. Long story short, with the stock 4runner, your computer read-out will probably fall right in the middle of the advertised values. probably 18-20 mpg for 50/50 highway/around town driving.
Yeah. We are pretty easy on it. It's the wife's daily driver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
Yea if I wanted super awesome gas mileage I would have gotten a prius or smart car. I love the trucks, even if they get horrible gas mileage.
We bought it cause its a great reliable vehicle... Good gas mileage is just a bonus and only cause its stock right now. Hopefully it won't stay this way for long.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #37

Level 8 MK6

Figured I would bump this thread back up with some pics of my new wheels. Level 8 MK6, 17x8 w/ 0mm offset. Enjoy
5th Gen 4 Runner-img_0998.jpg
5th Gen 4 Runner-img_0996.jpg
5th Gen 4 Runner-img_0997.jpg
5th Gen 4 Runner-img_1001.jpg
5th Gen 4 Runner-img_1002.jpg

Slight rub at full lock...
5th Gen 4 Runner-img_0999.jpg
Old 05-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #39
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up the 4runner for my wife so it won't get modded much.

Day we brought it home.

Trip to the lake.

How she sits now. Added steps cause my wife is 5'2" and had a hard time getting in while she was pregnant. Also tinted the front windows.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIYota View Post
Picked up the 4runner for my wife so it won't get modded much.

Day we brought it home.

Trip to the lake.

How she sits now. Added steps cause my wife is 5'2" and had a hard time getting in while she was pregnant. Also tinted the front windows.
Looks super nice. Lucky wife. Sr5? What year? You guys happy with it? You just have to surprise her with the mods then hope she likes it. That's what I try and do.