Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

5th Gen 4 Runner

Old 05-21-2013, 01:45 AM   #41
fijdkred is on a distinguished road
fijdkred's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, OP.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:15 AM   #42
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
Looks super nice. Lucky wife. Sr5? What year? You guys happy with it? You just have to surprise her with the mods then hope she likes it. That's what I try and do.
Thanks! It's a 2011 Sr5 and I love the 4runner. I've joked with her about selling my truck and buying a trail edition. I had to shake my head when we bought the 4runner and I saw what it came with, Mechanical 4wd shifter, downhill assist, trac, Bluetooth player and all this in the base 4runner. My sport felt kinda lame after that. We also have the 3rd row and haven't gotten a complaints from anyone about sitting back there. The 4runner will get a mod here and there but my truck will be the main money pit.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #43
RedDead will become famous soon enough
RedDead's Tacoma Gallery
So I'm thinking about trading in the Tacoma and I'm also gonna use my motorcycle for down..but do any of you 5th gen's think its worth it to trade in a 2010 Tacoma SR5 and a 2008 buell for a 2013 4runner? and just out of curiosity how much did ya'll pay for your TE's. Also does the 4runner have the timing chain or the timing belt?...and what all do you miss about your tacoma's?
Old 06-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #44
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDead View Post
So I'm thinking about trading in the Tacoma and I'm also gonna use my motorcycle for down..but do any of you 5th gen's think its worth it to trade in a 2010 Tacoma SR5 and a 2008 buell for a 2013 4runner? and just out of curiosity how much did ya'll pay for your TE's. Also does the 4runner have the timing chain or the timing belt?...and what all do you miss about your tacoma's?
Only do it if you can't live without one. Go Drive a trail at dealer and learn more about all the features. I'd only consider it for a trail edition. Personally like the looks, nav off road options more. I paid about 38 for our 2011 trail with 20k miles, with 10yr 100k plus everything warranty. Love the 4 runner to death. Too nice for us to beat the shit out of right now offroad. However, I couldn't be without my 2003 tacoma so we got both. Parting from your truck for one is only a decision you can make but I say YES
Old 06-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #45
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack MeHoff
jivewalker's Tacoma Gallery
I parted with my 2011 ORTRD for a 12 TE and love it. I needed dry hauling space and didn't want the cap. I miss the Taco sometimes for the bed and it had a little quicker feel about it. The TE is awesome though and highly capable.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #46
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jivewalker View Post
I parted with my 2011 ORTRD for a 12 TE and love it. I needed dry hauling space and didn't want the cap. I miss the Taco sometimes for the bed and it had a little quicker feel about it. The TE is awesome though and highly capable.
That's sweet man. Congrats. Maybe you can find a used Tacoma or go my route and try and convince you wife she needs a truck Let see a pic of you TE. I sometimes wish we would have gone silver on ours.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #47
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
I'll post some pics of my fiancées when I'm on my PC
Old 06-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
Looks so bad ass
Old 06-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #50
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looks so bad ass
Thanks! Next is color matched door handles and blacking out the rest of the chrome.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:46 AM   #51
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
ended up selling this guy (minus wheels and tires in this pic)

for this guy (2013 4runner premium)

had to make the move before i ended up getting stuck with the new 4runner lol.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #52
Slow lane cruiser
Bandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: USAF Firefighter gone legit
Name: Another Matt
Bandit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 SiN View Post

Nice!! The wife and I love our 2011 4Runner. Does great in snow, ice, sand, and dirt. No complaints! I did add heated seats and a Satoshi grill. Great things here:
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-ge...inks-faqs.html

The backup camera mod will be my next one.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #53

Quote:

Nice. Sweet truck man. What is the premium? New model for 2013?
Old 07-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #54
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice. Sweet truck man. What is the premium? New model for 2013?
No, still the Limited, TE or SR5. Judging by the pic I'd go he went with an SR5. Limited come with 20" rims.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:03 AM   #55
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

i believe premium is new for 2012. its an upgraded sr5 package. comes with leather, sunroof, and navigation. definately worth it cause i didnt want a limited (price) and my girl only was interested in leather seats.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:59 AM   #56
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i believe premium is new for 2012. its an upgraded sr5 package. comes with leather, sunroof, and navigation. definately worth it cause i didnt want a limited (price) and my girl only was interested in leather seats.

My fiances 4runner is a 2010 with some sort of premium package. Leather, heated seats, and sunroof.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #57

nice! maybe premium was available since 2010 (beginning of 5th gen), im ot too sure. all i know is, it wasnt available as a 4th gen option.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #58

Quote:

Sweet. Nav is definitely handy. You stoked with the purchase?
Old 07-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #59

i would like to say yes! but i cant confirm that yet. itll be a couple weeks before i get my hands on it because i had to track this specific 4runner from a different island. from all implications, im stoked because a have plans for this badboy already lol.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:12 AM   #60
FatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFatTiresRollin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
FatTiresRollin's Tacoma Gallery
I think it is interesting how Toyota even lists a sunroof in any of their "upgrade packages". You will not find a 2010+ without a sunroof....anywhere...with or without the "premium" package!