SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

T4R is down! T4R Check In Here

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #2261
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
I just got lazy and bought a trail gear tube bumper, 300 bucks out the door. was gonna make my own but, fallout 3 came out around that time and i had no life.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #2262
4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connor
4Running Daily's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer plate, but can't justify the weight and cost.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #2263
4runners>Tacomas
HHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud of

Name: Jake
HHIRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Running Daily View Post
I prefer plate, but can't justify the weight and cost.
I like some plates. Shrockworks for the 4th gen is terrible, but I like the CBI
Old 11-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #2264
LED & HID positive
zopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Zak
zopperman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHIRunner View Post
I like some plates. Shrockworks for the 4th gen is terrible, but I like the CBI
there is NO rear that I like for ours. Crozhawk's is the best, but I wouldn't pay 1800 (like cbi) for it. It's a shame because my rear bumper is busted and I'd love an aftermarket...
Old 11-29-2013, 09:44 PM   #2265
jediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to behold

jediwebdude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zopperman View Post
there is NO rear that I like for ours. Crozhawk's is the best, but I wouldn't pay 1800 (like cbi) for it. It's a shame because my rear bumper is busted and I'd love an aftermarket...
I really like my CBI rear bumper, but it is very, very heavy.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #2266
LED & HID positive
zopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwebdude View Post
I really like my CBI rear bumper, but it is very, very heavy.
Yeah, it's big. it's the LEAST clunky of the options out there, but I still don't think it follows the lines of the truck very well. I'd like to see one color matched, that may be it.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #2267
4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So I found my favorite post ever on an FR-S/BRZ forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr122 View Post
Why are 50% of the posts on this forum a giant circle jerk about how brilliant we all are for buying the same car?
Old 11-30-2013, 09:26 PM   #2268
4runners>Tacomas
HHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud of

Name: Jake
HHIRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I found my favorite post ever on an FR-S/BRZ forum
That is great and likely true
Old 11-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #2269

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHIRunner View Post
That is great and likely true
I spend too much time on there, it's 100% true
Old 12-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #2270
4Runner Dude
TCMach is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
TCMach's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, it's big. it's the LEAST clunky of the options out there, but I still don't think it follows the lines of the truck very well. I'd like to see one color matched, that may be it.
Go check out crashmans build on T4R. He has a color matched CBI rear.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #2271
LED & HID positive

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMach View Post
Go check out crashmans build on T4R. He has a color matched CBI rear.
His build is sick, i've seen it before, i couldn't remember the name. I wonder how it would look in silver though. I think cguava has a home made one in silver and the texture stull looked off to me
Old 12-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #2272
4Runner Dude
TCMach is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
TCMach's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
His build is sick, i've seen it before, i couldn't remember the name. I wonder how it would look in silver though. I think cguava has a home made one in silver and the texture stull looked off to me
yea I went wheeling with him and I couldn't tell he had a aftermarket bumper until pretty damn close. Just seemed like he figured out a way to mount a tire haha. Silver is probably a little more difficult. NateMob has a 3rd gen with a color matched silver rear bumper. Its not a 4th but it may help you see different textures. After dealing with CBI I'm sure they can make it to where you'd like it. Mine was just powdercoated black so I cant comment on color match haha
Old 12-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #2273
LTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
LTDSC's Tacoma Gallery
same height as stock Sequoia. Kill meh now.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #2274
LED & HID positive

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMach View Post
yea I went wheeling with him and I couldn't tell he had a aftermarket bumper until pretty damn close. Just seemed like he figured out a way to mount a tire haha. Silver is probably a little more difficult. NateMob has a 3rd gen with a color matched silver rear bumper. Its not a 4th but it may help you see different textures. After dealing with CBI I'm sure they can make it to where you'd like it. Mine was just powdercoated black so I cant comment on color match haha
Thanks for the heads up, i'll take a peak.

t4r running like cold honey...
Old 12-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #2275

So I am lucky enough to have a local car meet that runs every Thursday nearby in a Target shopping center and a taco shop. Every Thursday at 7pm about 200 cars show up, eat some tacos, and check out each others rides. This has been going on in the same spot for 2 years now. Tonight, we are now banned from that parking lot due to Hondas revving their lawn mower engines and blasting loud music. Great.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #2276
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I am lucky enough to have a local car meet that runs every Thursday nearby in a Target shopping center and a taco shop. Every Thursday at 7pm about 200 cars show up, eat some tacos, and check out each others rides. This has been going on in the same spot for 2 years now. Tonight, we are now banned from that parking lot due to Hondas revving their lawn mower engines and blasting loud music. Great.
how was the meet organized? you can always pick a new place, like a food place. restaurant owners love it when we do meets, cuz we end up buying at least 1000 dollars worth of food. but then again we are all grown ass men acting like grown ass men
Old 12-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #2277

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
how was the meet organized? you can always pick a new place, like a food place. restaurant owners love it when we do meets, cuz we end up buying at least 1000 dollars worth of food. but then again we are all grown ass men acting like grown ass men
Apparently the cops are now requiring that we have a permit when we do find a new place. Otherwise they will begin ticketing people for no front plate/ tinted tails. etc...

Organized over Facebook
Old 12-06-2013, 07:26 AM   #2279
jediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to behold

jediwebdude's Tacoma Gallery
There's a meet on Monday nights not far from my house. It occurs behind a shopping center so that people don't see the cars from the street. To attend, you have to contact the organizer and specify your vehicle. If he approves, he reveals the location of the event.

The entire reason for this exercise is to prevent ricers from ruining the event.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #2280
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
So I've been really thinking of bringing my 4runner back down to stockish (32's and 1" lift) and selling my lift/tires. Then use that money and buy a 1st gen 4runner to build/wheel. If I sell my lift and some wheeling parts, I probably could afford a cheap 1st gen. I just hate wheeling my DD since I don't want to go crazy modding while dealing with shitty gas mileage, lack of power and the fear I won't have it for the work week which is mandatory. I figure a second vehicle on the bare minimum insurance won't cost much and will allow me to take my time building/repair. What are your guys thoughts?

Products Discussed in this Thread