SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

T4R is down! T4R Check In Here

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2014, 12:57 PM   #3421
money pit
zopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Zak
zopperman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post

OK, me next!!!!!
Old 03-20-2014, 01:04 PM   #3422
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, but damn 4th gen bumpers are HUGE!
Old 03-20-2014, 01:05 PM   #3423
money pit
zopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
yeah thats why the aftermarket sucks
Old 03-20-2014, 01:13 PM   #3424
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zopperman View Post
OK, me next!!!!!
Quote:
Quote:
yeah thats why the aftermarket sucks
Thanks, and yes its a big ass to cover. I think mine might be one of the smallest/most compact for clearance that has been made, I removed the vent thingy cover and beat the whole side in with a sledge to get it as close and compact as possible. In the below there is a cover over the vents that I think most design around, and the area it below got a beat down with a BFH to tuck in further.

It is crazy how much the aftermarket ones cost, but I now understand based on the complexity and work that goes into it. I think the front will be much easier, not to mention this was my first metal work/welding project ever.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #3425
money pit

EMS:
But really, I want a bumper..,,
Old 03-20-2014, 01:26 PM   #3426
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
But really, I want a bumper..,,
I suggest buying a welder, a 3x3 sheet of 1/4" and 10 ga, a 48" 2x4 of 1/4" and going to town

Really though, I don't think you could pay me enough to make another one, I may redo/make a new one for my self one day and sell this one, but the time and effort was way beyond what makes it financially logical.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:39 PM   #3427
LTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
LTDSC's Tacoma Gallery
i like that bumper. I want a front one. Thin and streamline looking. Not tube bumper but minimalist would be best for me. Seems no one makes them. Only heavy gaudy huge hooped fuckers.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #3428
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDSC View Post
i like that bumper. I want a front one. Thin and streamline looking. Not tube bumper but minimalist would be best for me. Seems no one makes them. Only heavy gaudy huge hooped fuckers.
Thanks, that was exactly how I felt as well, and realized there weren't any options out there that met those criteria so I had to design and build my own. the ones from CBI are like 200+ pounds, mine was 90 for the bumper, 10 for the welded in crossmember, and I took out 30 by cutting the OEM crossmember, 70 net, so saving 130 lbs is a pretty big deal.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:50 PM   #3429
Because 4R

I lied, the base model is 135

http://www.cbioffroadfab.com/product...r-plate-bumper

Bumper Weight 135 LBS
Swing away weight 55 LBS
Old 03-20-2014, 02:05 PM   #3430
LTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LTDSC's Tacoma Gallery
so much LT being put up for sale.

i greased my bushings again today. Im trying to be lazy this weekend.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:34 PM   #3431
4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connor
4Running Daily's Tacoma Gallery
Probably will be picking up some Camburg UCA's next week, along with my Savage Skids.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:23 PM   #3432
mac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud ofmac424205 has much to be proud of

Name: Mathew
mac424205's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
Sliders
Got sliders already.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:14 PM   #3433

LTDSC's Tacoma Gallery
bitches be mirin my frame

Old 03-20-2014, 08:16 PM   #3434
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac424205 View Post
Got sliders already.
Then I would say skids. A good set will give you so much more confidence to try harder shit, and worst case you get hung up and stuck. Much better scenario than breaking vital organs.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:23 PM   #3435
money pit

EMS:
Quote:
bitches be mirin my frame

erry day
Old 03-20-2014, 08:25 PM   #3436
4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I'm asking Roy at Savage when he'll have a production ready 4th gen front bumper a week from tomorrow. Promise.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:27 PM   #3437
money pit

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Running Daily View Post
I'm asking Roy at Savage when he'll have a production ready 4th gen front bumper a week from tomorrow. Promise.
@ltdsc - you might like what savage would do, probably a hybrid. I've seen charlie corpse's third gen bumpers and they are pretty sweet. very minimalist.

also you should do a retrofit
Old 03-20-2014, 08:31 PM   #3438
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Got my new tires and wheels on and I love the look. Although now I'm having some vibration issues, so back to the shop I go...

I have center caps, but they need another coat of paint as they turned grey last night.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:36 PM   #3439

Quote:
Got my new tires and wheels on and I love the look. Although now I'm having some vibration issues, so back to the shop I go...
Soooo much better
Old 03-20-2014, 08:58 PM   #3440
4runner Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Running Daily View Post
Soooo much better
Haha you're telling me. I've heard Duratracs have had balance issues but my previous ones didn't. Hopefully they can fix it tomorrow.

Btw, anyone ever replace their rear ujoint?

Products Discussed in this Thread