SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

T4R is down! T4R Check In Here

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2014, 07:38 PM   #3761
LTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
LTDSC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
I just put 1" spacers on the front, not quite sure how I feel about them. The rears most likely won't go on, not too keen on stuffing the tire into the door seal.
stance will make her dance.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:39 PM   #3762
www.sos-offroadconcepts.com
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19 D PFC, 165th brg 3-34 bat 5-17
Name: Eddy
EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-06-2014, 07:42 PM   #3763
LED & HID positive
zopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Zak
zopperman's Tacoma Gallery
damn it my meme didn't work. Anyway, the new site is boss!
Old 04-06-2014, 07:43 PM   #3764
4runners>Tacomas
HHIRunner has a brilliant futureHHIRunner has a brilliant futureHHIRunner has a brilliant futureHHIRunner has a brilliant futureHHIRunner has a brilliant futureHHIRunner has a brilliant futureHHIRunner has a brilliant futureHHIRunner has a brilliant futureHHIRunner has a brilliant futureHHIRunner has a brilliant futureHHIRunner has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HHIRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyRRT View Post

Eddy you always come in here and spy on is without actually saying anything
Old 04-06-2014, 07:43 PM   #3765
Kelvin is on a distinguished road

Kelvin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDSC View Post
stance will make her dance.
#hellaflush
Old 04-06-2014, 07:45 PM   #3766
LTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
LTDSC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
#hellaflush
ill 99% sure never stuff my suspension to where it limits me. I just like going fast over shit.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:48 PM   #3767
www.sos-offroadconcepts.com
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19 D PFC, 165th brg 3-34 bat 5-17
Name: Eddy
EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHIRunner View Post
Eddy you always come in here and spy on is without actually saying anything
Just keeping a eye out on yall runner guys. WIll be getting one soon
Old 04-06-2014, 07:50 PM   #3768
4runners>Tacomas
HHIRunner has a brilliant futureHHIRunner has a brilliant futureHHIRunner has a brilliant futureHHIRunner has a brilliant futureHHIRunner has a brilliant futureHHIRunner has a brilliant futureHHIRunner has a brilliant futureHHIRunner has a brilliant futureHHIRunner has a brilliant futureHHIRunner has a brilliant futureHHIRunner has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HHIRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyRRT View Post
Just keeping a eye out on yall runner guys. WIll be getting one soon

Gonna have to join the new 4runner forum that Bob made then
Old 04-06-2014, 09:16 PM   #3769
4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connor
4Running Daily's Tacoma Gallery
First post updated
Old 04-07-2014, 09:04 AM   #3770
downpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant futuredownpour11 has a brilliant future

Name: Rob
downpour11's Tacoma Gallery
great another forum to register to lol
Old 04-07-2014, 09:15 AM   #3771
Master Blaster
smkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
smkd13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauncho View Post
When I engage 4hi my 4runner wants to track to one side or the other. Anyone know what's up with that?

Well there are a few components that can contribute to this issue. 1 being your caster. If it is off from stock spec (lifted without UCAs to fix angle) and 2 if it is on acceleration it is referred to as torque steer. If is it on deaceleration then is referred to as brake steer (cause by uneven pressure being applied to brake pads) and can be caused by suspension.

In short need more info cause A LOT goes into the driving manners of a "vehicle"
Old 04-07-2014, 11:48 AM   #3772
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shaun
Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smkd13 View Post
Well there are a few components that can contribute to this issue. 1 being your caster. If it is off from stock spec (lifted without UCAs to fix angle) and 2 if it is on acceleration it is referred to as torque steer. If is it on deaceleration then is referred to as brake steer (cause by uneven pressure being applied to brake pads) and can be caused by suspension.

In short need more info cause A LOT goes into the driving manners of a "vehicle"

Thanks for your help. No lift here, all stock so doubt it's the caster issue. I'll have to double check but if I remover correctly it only pulled on acceleration but will check again soon and report back.

Thanks again!
Old 04-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #3773
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Have any of you guys heard of rubber going bad in our driveshafts? I called a driveline place today and the guy said he could replace my u joint and balance my driveshaft for $60 as long as the rubber wasn't bad. I had never heard of that before. BTW is the $60 a good price?
Old 04-11-2014, 05:29 PM   #3774
4Runner Abuser
steezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
steezemcqueen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
Have any of you guys heard of rubber going bad in our driveshafts? I called a driveline place today and the guy said he could replace my u joint and balance my driveshaft for $60 as long as the rubber wasn't bad. I had never heard of that before. BTW is the $60 a good price?
There is no rubber in our driveshafts. He is referring to the carrier bearing in a 2 piece driveshaft setup like access and double cab Tacomas have. Ours is a 1 piece driveshaft.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:44 PM   #3775
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by steezemcqueen View Post
There is no rubber in our driveshafts. He is referring to the carrier bearing in a 2 piece driveshaft setup like access and double cab Tacomas have. Ours is a 1 piece driveshaft.
Ok I have no clue what he is talking about then. He said he had a 4runner in the shop that day and the rubber was bad. Not sure if I trust him now. Did other gens have carrier bearings?
Old 04-23-2014, 04:16 PM   #3776
4runner Troll

Dang it's quiet in here now. I still haven't made the new site one of my regulars yet. I just forget about it

On another note I was wondering some of your advice. I need to rebuild my sc and a local member on this board said he has some extra parts. I was stoked because I could probably get them for cheaper than online and no shipping. So he said he'd look for them about 2 weeks ago and get back to me the next day. It took a couple of days, but he said he found a couple of parts, but wanted to look again the next day. Now it's been a week and he hasn't responded even after a reminder text. Do I just leave him alone or text him again? I don't want to bother the guy because we all are busy, but I need to get something going as my sc needs a rebuild. I just don't want to come off as pushy.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:18 PM   #3777
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zopperman View Post
damn it my meme didn't work. Anyway, the new site is boss!
Yes it is, so much to keep up with. I'll prolly have no reason to visit t4r now lol.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:56 PM   #3778
4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connor
4Running Daily's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
Dang it's quiet in here now. I still haven't made the new site one of my regulars yet. I just forget about it

On another note I was wondering some of your advice. I need to rebuild my sc and a local member on this board said he has some extra parts. I was stoked because I could probably get them for cheaper than online and no shipping. So he said he'd look for them about 2 weeks ago and get back to me the next day. It took a couple of days, but he said he found a couple of parts, but wanted to look again the next day. Now it's been a week and he hasn't responded even after a reminder text. Do I just leave him alone or text him again? I don't want to bother the guy because we all are busy, but I need to get something going as my sc needs a rebuild. I just don't want to come off as pushy.
Text him one more time. If he doesn't respond, leave him alone. Buy parts elsewhere haha
Old 04-23-2014, 06:27 PM   #3779
4runner Troll

Go figure he texted me on my way home. Always works out that way it seems like.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:44 PM   #3780
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
The one time i need to update my build thread the site is down, fucking lame.

Products Discussed in this Thread