SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

T4R is down! T4R Check In Here

Old 06-27-2013, 07:03 AM   #1341
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
did i mention FRS with shitty prius tires is a lot easier to drift lol
Old 06-27-2013, 07:42 AM   #1342
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWaldz View Post
Easy job. Undo brake line, undo ebrake clip, pull abs sensor, undo 4 nuts on back, and pull assembly out being careful of axle shaft splines. Seal will be staring you in the face once you're down there. If you care about the seal, get a seal puller. If not, find anything to pull it out but don't destroy the inside of your axle tube. Gently place new one in and evenly tap it in flush. Re-assemble and bleed rear brakes. Honestly, bleeding the rear brakes sucks more than the job itself unless you have a power bleeder. Otherwise, it takes two people.
Ok so you didn't get the bearings replaced by a shop? That was the only step I was stressing about since they are super expensive and you have to pay a shop as well. How long can I drive with it leaking? I just found it and leaving for San Diego tomorrow. I won't have time to do it till next weekend.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #1343
4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connor
4Running Daily's Tacoma Gallery
Beginning to replace my starter contacts now... this is gonna be fun
Old 06-27-2013, 09:55 AM   #1344
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
Ok so you didn't get the bearings replaced by a shop? That was the only step I was stressing about since they are super expensive and you have to pay a shop as well. How long can I drive with it leaking? I just found it and leaving for San Diego tomorrow. I won't have time to do it till next weekend.
ok, which seal are we talking about here? Is there a seal that's on the axle shaft itself? The seal I was thinking of sits on the inside of the axle tube. It's completely separate from the axle shaft and bearing. If there's no wobble and it's not making any noise then I doubt you need a new bearing. However, yes bearings are a pita cus you have to deal with having a press, the retainer and abs toner ring, yada yada yada... You can drive as much as you want with it leaking as long as you don't mind leaving a stain everywhere you go, ruining your brake shoes and topping off the fluid every few days. If it's a steady fast drip though, I'd take care of it as soon as you can.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #1345
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
ok, which seal are we talking about here? Is there a seal that's on the axle shaft itself? The seal I was thinking of sits on the inside of the axle tube. It's completely separate from the axle shaft and bearing. If there's no wobble and it's not making any noise then I doubt you need a new bearing. However, yes bearings are a pita cus you have to deal with having a press, the retainer and abs toner ring, yada yada yada... You can drive as much as you want with it leaking as long as you don't mind leaving a stain everywhere you go, ruining your brake shoes and topping off the fluid every few days. If it's a steady fast drip though, I'd take care of it as soon as you can.
Not sure which seal as I only saw oil all over the drum and some on the rim. I will probably just replace the seal for now and if I have issues again then I'll replace the bearing. I might just borrow my parents car for next week and work on the 4runner after work. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #1346
4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Starter contacts are actually really easy to do. Alot easier then the Power Steering pump bearing/seal that I had to replace.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #1347
Master Blaster
smkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
smkd13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
connor seems like you don't like your 4runner anymore, then i would suggest selling it while its still worth something, buying and older solid axle rig is a lotta work too, older stuff break and they arnt as nice as ur 3rd gen, having your dad buy you an FRS might sound like what a spoiled rich kid's move but its the most rational choice for your situation, you can always pay your dad back when you have some money. but i suggest you drop anything track related, shit is a money pit, unless you are a rich kid with loaded parents it's not a smart move.
Yep that sounds about like the best logic out there. Oh what it would be to be 16 again lol
Old 06-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #1348
mechanically retarded
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Being 16, the insurance will go through the roof (with out a turbo) Not to mention the other side effects of 16 year olds who drive nice sport cars

Is sas'ing a 3rd gen a must when getting a 3rd gen? I would go with a 3rd gen personally, you can find them in REALLY nice condition. Functionality over style.

Also don't mind me in this thread
Old 06-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #1349

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Being 16, the insurance will go through the roof (with out a turbo) Not to mention the other side effects of 16 year olds who drive nice sport cars

Is sas'ing a 3rd gen a must when getting a 3rd gen? I would go with a 3rd gen personally, you can find them in REALLY nice condition. Functionality over style.

Also don't mind me in this thread
Insurance actually isn't as bad as you think. Only $500 a year more
Old 06-27-2013, 10:06 PM   #1350

33" tires first? Or full skids first?
Old 06-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #1351
4runner Troll

Hmm tough choice. I'd say tires. Your skids will last but the extra ground clearance from the tires will help keep the rocks away from your skids.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:43 PM   #1352

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
Hmm tough choice. I'd say tires. Your skids will last but the extra ground clearance from the tires will help keep the rocks away from your skids.
Tires are a grand and skids are $500. I'm thinking tires too... but on the other hand, I could get a new clutch and skids for the price of tires.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:34 AM   #1353
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Tires are a HUGE commitment when buying new. It took me a while to strike up the nerves to pick up the phone and make the call. Spending that much money on just some rubber and steel makes you cringe. I've made some big purchases for this rig, a couple that were even more expensive than tires. But, after buying tires I just felt utterly exhausted and taken advantage of lol.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #1354

Quote:
Tires are a HUGE commitment when buying new. It took me a while to strike up the nerves to pick up the phone and make the call. Spending that much money on just some rubber and steel makes you cringe. I've made some big purchases for this rig, a couple that were even more expensive than tires. But, after buying tires I just felt utterly exhausted and taken advantage of lol.
I know I'm getting KM2's in the 255/85/r16 flavor. It's just a matter of when.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #1355

Here's my current list of stuff to buy by 2014

4Runner To Do List:

-Clutch ($550 in just parts)
-Savage Skids ($500)
-Tires 255/85/16 KM2($950)
-Toytec Lift (5100’s, eibachs, 5100s, superflex) ($764)
-Front bumper ($600)
-Wheels ($624+35 for lugs)

Sub-Total: $4,023

Sale of old items:
Stock skids ($20)
Old Tires ($150)
Old lift ($350)
Old Wheels ($50)

Sub-Total: $570

Total Cost: $3,453
Old 06-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #1356

JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
^^ You better start dressing up and hittin' that pole
Old 06-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #1357
Master Blaster
smkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

smkd13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Running Daily View Post
Here's my current list of stuff to buy by 2014

4Runner To Do List:

-Clutch ($550 in just parts)
-Savage Skids ($500)
-Tires 255/85/16 KM2($950)
-Toytec Lift (5100ís, eibachs, 5100s, superflex) ($764)
-Front bumper ($600)
-Wheels ($624+35 for lugs)

Sub-Total: $4,023

Sale of old items:
Stock skids ($20)
Old Tires ($150)
Old lift ($350)
Old Wheels ($50)

Sub-Total: $570

Total Cost: $3,453
^^^ hmmm yep my list looks kinda like thy minus the fact mine is about 3k over yours.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #1358
Master Blaster

smkd13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That is fucking fucking bud lol
Old 06-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #1359

Quote:
I work at a golf course thank you very much :P
Old 06-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #1360
Master Blaster

smkd13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Running Daily View Post
I work at a golf course thank you very much :P
Yeah but stripping I be you make more lol and doesn't golf clubs have shafts and if your a caddy then you have to handle shafts all day

Products Discussed in this Thread