Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Nemo's 85 4runner.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #1
Nemo1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Neil
Nemo1's Tacoma Gallery
Nemo's 85 4runner.

I picked this thing up CHEAP. I always wanted a mountain ride but I couldn't justify paying 15-25k for a side by side.

1985 Toyota 4Runner
22RE 4cyl (will need a rebuild like yesterday).
5 spd
Some kind of suspension lift? Maybe someone can chime in.
Rear Chevy springs.
5.29 gears.
Welded diffs.
34x10.5 TSL's.
Bobbed rear, terrible job.

This thing smokes like tar kettle but will go pretty good in 4 low. The compression is down on a few cyls. and it's blowing oil out the dip stick (if it's too full lol). Has a death wobble at 45mph lol.

Gonna rebuild the motor and get some 6x9's wired up and have some fun. I went to the mountain saturday night and rode for about 6 hours. It was a BLAST.

I gave it a tune-up, plugs, wires, cap, rotor and air filter.

Future mods,

Rhino line the interior.
Rebuild motor.
Air locker in front.
Body armor.
Tail lights!
Maybe get some new front fenders.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:11 AM   #3
85yote09taco has a spectacular aura about85yote09taco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Eric
85yote09taco's Tacoma Gallery
from what i can see of the suspension, looks like just a 3-4'' spring lift, the rear is definitely chevy springs with bigger shackles. Those front springs look pretty flat. also looks like you have aftermarket shock hoops up front, maybe some trail gear setup?
Old 03-20-2013, 06:27 AM   #4
Nemo1's Tacoma Gallery
Are the front springs suppose to be flat?
Old 03-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #5
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a spring over axle in the front. If that's the case then stock leafs were probably used. From what though I have no clue. That would explain why they're flat.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #6
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. You should have a mod move this to the 4Runner builds section
Old 03-21-2013, 06:27 AM   #7
Nemo1's Tacoma Gallery
Yes move to the 4runner please.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #9
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. What is the blue hose coming off the engine in the one pic for?
Old 03-22-2013, 05:45 AM   #10
Nemo1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Nice. What is the blue hose coming off the engine in the one pic for?
The engine has a stuck ring or something and it's blowing oil out that location. The PCV valve is new. So I run that hose all the way out the back so the smoke doesn't fill the engine bay/cabin. If I run that hose into the intake manifold then the oil/smoke starts pushing the dipstick out and that makes a mess. Like I said, the motor is on it's last leg lol.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #11
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo1 View Post
Yes move to the 4runner please.
PM a moderator, they can move it