SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Bowman Lake camping run

Old 03-31-2013, 05:42 AM   #1
I'm dropping the hammer
Bawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really nice

Air Force: Chair Force
Name: Jon
Bawlzdeep's Tacoma Gallery
Bowman Lake camping run

Just got back from our trip to Bowman Lake. It was me Stokes and Rob. This was our second attempt to make it to the lake. The trail was pretty clear for the most part besides the soupy snow patches. It was still a couple feet deep toward the top and gave us a welcome challenge. I was able put the new front locker to use blazing a trail over the last hill top. It was worth ever penny. Thing is like a tank now. I love it!

We hit Gaston Rd in Washington around noon and pressed North East. We found the snow after we turned onto Meadow Lake Rd. The views were awesome and the trail was fun. It won't be any challenge once the snow is melted. Bowman lake is beautiful. The water is crystal clear and there's plenty of camp sites.

Enough talk, here's the pics!

Old 03-31-2013, 05:42 AM   #2
I'm dropping the hammer
Bawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really nice

Running 4psi, LOVE these tires

And Stokes with his recently added 33x12.50R18 Toyos

----VIDEO---- Decided not to install the Flowmaster now, sounds like a tractor pull!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
Old 03-31-2013, 07:16 AM   #3
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome! What tires are those? Can't make it out on my phone. How does only having a rear locker do in snow? Still able to plow through no problem?
Old 04-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
I'm dropping the hammer

Both those answers are in my signature

35x12.50R17 Pitbull Rockers- they are awesome

Having a rear locker helps get you a lot further than w/o. But having locked front and rear is more comparable to having a tank in the snow. There's no way we would have made it to Bowman w/o using my winch if I didn't have the front ARB.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #5
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
On my phone it doesn't show sigs