SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Tire spins too easily when brake applied

Old 04-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #21
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrosado View Post
What point are you trying to make with that comment?
I would guess he's asking if there is an automotive hobby shop on the base where you could take the vehicle to have someone help you out and show you how to properly service your brakes. When I was in college, we had an auto club where you could take your vehicle there with the parts you needed to do a particular job and the members would help walk you through it and you could usually use their tools.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #22
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What point are you trying to make with that comment?
I realize that reading between the lines is diffacult for a lot of people in the Army.....

The hobby shop is for people to work on their vehicle. All of the tool that you could need are there provided to you. They even have expert mechanics there to help you get the job done if you don't know what you're doing or if you're a moron and are unsafe.

Clear?

Now I'm not calling you a moron but with your reply it makes me wonder. I already now you don't know what you're doing and thats why I asked if the Army has a hobby shop on their bases.....
Old 04-17-2013, 03:36 AM   #23
alexrosado is a jewel in the roughalexrosado is a jewel in the roughalexrosado is a jewel in the rough

Army: Rifleman, A CO, 2-7 CAV, 4BCT, 1CD
Name: Alex
alexrosado's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to alexrosado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
I realize that reading between the lines is diffacult for a lot of people in the Army.....

The hobby shop is for people to work on their vehicle. All of the tool that you could need are there provided to you. They even have expert mechanics there to help you get the job done if you don't know what you're doing or if you're a moron and are unsafe.

Clear?

Now I'm not calling you a moron but with your reply it makes me wonder. I already now you don't know what you're doing and thats why I asked if the Army has a hobby shop on their bases.....
Nah I was just wondering if you were one of those immature, insecure assholes that's going to waste time saying stupid shit about other service members. And as I already said, I'm taking it to an expert so I can get it checked and learn some stuff at the same time. No need to be a douche about it. I understand the safety concerns that everyone is expressing, honestly before this post I didn't really think that changing brake pads was something crazy in-depth, other than swap them out, because I've never been taught any of that, hence why I'm on here trying to see what I can learn and where to start. Again thanks for the advice an info.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #24
alexrosado is a jewel in the roughalexrosado is a jewel in the roughalexrosado is a jewel in the rough

got it checked out today. they said there was nothing wrong and that it was probably just the pistons not being all the way pushed back out. Thanks everyone.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #25
hetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant future
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to hear it...brake jobs may look easy, but there can be hidden problems, like the brake friction surface not seating due to ridges on the rotor or drum, or clogged internal brake fluid passages. Once you do a few hundred, you figure out all the problem areas.

Don't feel bad about asking questions...

Howard
Old 04-17-2013, 04:10 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by hetkind View Post
Glad to hear it...brake jobs may look easy, but there can be hidden problems, like the brake friction surface not seating due to ridges on the rotor or drum, or clogged internal brake fluid passages. Once you do a few hundred, you figure out all the problem areas.

Don't feel bad about asking questions...

Howard
Thanks man, really appreciate it.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #27
hetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant future
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks man, really appreciate it.
I work for DCMA, and our mission is to support the warfighter...and Ft. Hood is the warfighter.

Keep asking questions and we can help.

Howard

Contract Safety Manager
DCMA Safety and Logistics Center