Tire spins too easily when brake applied

Discussion in '4Runners' started by alexrosado, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Apr 15, 2013 at 3:03 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I would guess he's asking if there is an automotive hobby shop on the base where you could take the vehicle to have someone help you out and show you how to properly service your brakes. When I was in college, we had an auto club where you could take your vehicle there with the parts you needed to do a particular job and the members would help walk you through it and you could usually use their tools.

2. Apr 16, 2013 at 1:53 PM
    TrdSurgie

TrdSurgie revised

Member:
    Oahu
    I realize that reading between the lines is diffacult for a lot of people in the Army.....

The hobby shop is for people to work on their vehicle. All of the tool that you could need are there provided to you. They even have expert mechanics there to help you get the job done if you don't know what you're doing or if you're a moron and are unsafe.

Clear?

Now I'm not calling you a moron but with your reply it makes me wonder. I already now you don't know what you're doing and thats why I asked if the Army has a hobby shop on their bases.....

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  3. Apr 17, 2013 at 3:36 AM
    alexrosado

alexrosado [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Fort Hood, Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    6'' suspension lift, 3'' body lift, NFAB nerf bars, flow master exhaust with 3'' pipe, TRD cold air intake, grill guard with hella lights. LED Halo Projector Headlights, redlinetuning hood lift assists.
    Nah I was just wondering if you were one of those immature, insecure assholes that's going to waste time saying stupid shit about other service members. And as I already said, I'm taking it to an expert so I can get it checked and learn some stuff at the same time. No need to be a douche about it. I understand the safety concerns that everyone is expressing, honestly before this post I didn't really think that changing brake pads was something crazy in-depth, other than swap them out, because I've never been taught any of that, hence why I'm on here trying to see what I can learn and where to start. Again thanks for the advice an info.

4. Apr 17, 2013 at 8:21 AM
    alexrosado

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Fort Hood, Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    6'' suspension lift, 3'' body lift, NFAB nerf bars, flow master exhaust with 3'' pipe, TRD cold air intake, grill guard with hella lights. LED Halo Projector Headlights, redlinetuning hood lift assists.
    got it checked out today. they said there was nothing wrong and that it was probably just the pistons not being all the way pushed back out. Thanks everyone.

5. Apr 17, 2013 at 8:30 AM
    hetkind

hetkind Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    Johnson City
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 Access Cab, white with Leer Cap
    bilstein set at 1.75, Racho 5000 rear with 4 leaf kit, floor mats, high lift jack, pull hook in hitch, bed rail corner braces, severe duty brake pads and devil horns on the grill....
    Glad to hear it...brake jobs may look easy, but there can be hidden problems, like the brake friction surface not seating due to ridges on the rotor or drum, or clogged internal brake fluid passages. Once you do a few hundred, you figure out all the problem areas.

Don't feel bad about asking questions...

Howard

6. Apr 17, 2013 at 4:10 PM
    alexrosado

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Fort Hood, Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    Thanks man, really appreciate it.

7. Apr 17, 2013 at 4:27 PM
    hetkind

hetkind Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    Johnson City
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 Access Cab, white with Leer Cap
    bilstein set at 1.75, Racho 5000 rear with 4 leaf kit, floor mats, high lift jack, pull hook in hitch, bed rail corner braces, severe duty brake pads and devil horns on the grill....
    I work for DCMA, and our mission is to support the warfighter...and Ft. Hood is the warfighter.

Keep asking questions and we can help.

Howard

Contract Safety Manager
    DCMA Safety and Logistics Center

Products Discussed in

To Top