SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

4th Gen 4Runners

Old 10-30-2013, 10:38 PM   #41
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
We've got one as my GF's DD (on 35's too ) but I havent had a chance to take it offroad too much. As far as I can see, there should be no reason the AWD system would make it less capable once the center diff is locked, that would effectively make it perform like a standard 4wd. One thing to note, stuffing 35's can be done, but I've trimmed a lot and after seeing dirt a couple times I now see a few more spots I have to clearance more for the tires. Also, with the rear doors/body you cant just hack out a bunch more room in the rear, you must limit up travel with longer bump stops so keep that in mind if you like hi speed wheeling in the desert, you're going to have limited rear suspension travel to fit the 35's.

Looks bad ass
Old 10-31-2013, 11:31 AM   #42
Baconater !
MUDYRUNNER is on a distinguished road

Name: Rob
MUDYRUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Here was my 93 heavily modded and is no more and my current ongoing build of a 03 V8 limited.
Attached Thumbnails
4th Gen 4Runners-4-20runner-20pic-204.jpg   4th Gen 4Runners-5.jpg   4th Gen 4Runners-now.jpg  
Old 11-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #43
TacomaN8 is on a distinguished road

Navy: I like nukes
Name: Nate
TacomaN8's Tacoma Gallery
My wife's Runner
Old 11-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #44
TacomaN8 is on a distinguished road

Navy: I like nukes
Name: Nate
TacomaN8's Tacoma Gallery
And one of me taking it out for a test ride...
Old 11-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #45
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck Nate!
Old 11-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #46
alexc is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Medic
Name: Alex
alexc's Tacoma Gallery
thinking about trading in my 07 AC 4x4 taco for a 4th gen 4 runner. I just dont use the bed much at all, would like more interior space for stuff i want to keep locked up/dry, and room to occationaly haul people. If i had gotten a DCSB id probably not think about it.

Gona move back to colorado next year for school, trying to decide what will be best... leaning towards a 4.0 4x4 4th gen

Thoughts on 2nd gen taco vs 4th gen 4runner? Wishbone Runner, being in CO would you rather have a DC or AC taco?
Old 11-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #47
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I had an '07 Access cab, and we currently have a 05 4runner limited v8.
Love the 4runner. Drives nicer than the tacoma, more comfortable, and more luxury while still being a 'truck'. I would definitely make the switch if you dont need the function of a truck. And if you plan on lift/bigger tires, the v8 tends to get the same or better mpg than the v6 since it has more torque/power to lug the vehicle around, so I recommend the v8.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #48
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
My wife's 08 4Runner has a blinking 4WD light problem. When turning the switch to 4Hi the 4WD light and the locking differential light keep blinking and do not engage into 4WD. When trying to engage into 4LO while in neutral and then shifting into Drive the differential lock light goes out and 4Lo light just blinks. All lights go off when switching back to 2HI. Pushing the differential lock button does not turn it off when the switch is turned to 4HI. I tried disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes but that did nothing to reset anything.

Update: The problem was the downhill assist control button was partially engaged but not lighting in the dash display, push the button in and out and now all is well with the 4WD system.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:58 PM   #49
jediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to behold

jediwebdude's Tacoma Gallery
Some great looking 4th gen rigs on here!

A few shots of mine...

One of my favs...when we pulled up, the 2 Jeep guys standing on each side pointed to my 4Runner and said it can't do this trail...
Old 11-29-2013, 11:52 PM   #50
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good Jedi. Any pics of your son's new truck?
Old 11-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #51
jediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to beholdjediwebdude is a splendid one to behold

jediwebdude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
Looking good Jedi. Any pics of your son's new truck?
I'll shoot some photos of after the new rims, tires, and lift get installed in a few days.

Here's one of the rear bumper I just installed...

Old 01-30-2014, 06:18 AM   #52
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Damn.. this is the generation 4 runner i'd get.. sick ass hell when they are built