SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

JDMcQ's New Toy

Old 04-13-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
JDMcQ's New Toy

Well...Not exactly a NEW member, but I am new to the 4Runner section.

I started with this:

But found it a bit impractical, so I sold it.

I then bought this:

But, although it was a diesel, it just did not fit my needs.

So, yesterday, I traded it for this:

2006 4Runner SR5 with the 4.7 V8. 45,000 miles. No big plans for this one. I changed the oil today with Mobil 1, installed some Weaterhtechs up front and worked on the few scratches and chips on it. Oh, I guess I did one mod. Debadged.

Love it so far, the V8 is awesome. I can almost watch the gas gauge drop under acceleration. I am looking for some new wheels. Aftermarket orr maybe the Sport or Limited styles.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Lay off the throttle for fuel economy and it could work out well for you. Congrats.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #4
Irish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Irish020's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Dallastown PA!

The Mrs. drives an '04 4 Runner.....
Old 04-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #5
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
Lay off the throttle for fuel economy and it could work out well for you. Congrats.
Thanks. I'm usually pretty easy on the skinny pedal. Just playing with the V8. I'll get over it.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #6

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Spent the past two days touching up minor scratches and chips as well as a polish and wax. Old girl looks damn good.

I forgot how expensive it could be to have a vehicle I really liked. I'm thinking 2" lift and some gunmetal wheels. Thoughts on these?

SCS Stealth 6

Konig Countersteer Type X

Konig Six Shooter:
Old 04-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a nice truck John!
Old 04-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #8

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Chris! I really appreciate your advice during this whole ordeal.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #10
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Slick truck John, good luck with it, although I don't think you'll need it. Truck probably will go 300,000 miles and still be in good shape!
Old 04-14-2013, 05:34 PM   #11

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
six shooters in 17's would look good.....just throw an OME med duty lift on her and some 285's....you know you want too....i loved your first gen......you should stop by my meet coming up an have a beer with us
I won't go to 33's again. That's what ruined the old truck for me. 2" OME with some 32's on a 17" wheel.

I might make an appearance, we shall see.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:34 PM   #12

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Slick truck John, good luck with it, although I don't think you'll need it. Truck probably will go 300,000 miles and still be in good shape!
Thanks Dave!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #14
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
this no look like beemer wagon?
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░
░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░██▄▀▄░░░░
░░░▄▀░░▄▀▀▀▄░░░░█░░░▀▀░█▀▄░░░
░░░█░░█▄░░░░█░░░▀▄░░░░░▐░█░░░
░░▐▌░░█▀░░░▄▀░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▀░░█░░
░░▐▌░░█░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░
░░▐▌░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌░
░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░░░▐▌░
░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░░█░░░░░░▐▌░
░░░█░░░░░░░░░▀█▄░░▄█░░░░░░▐▌░
░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░▐▌░
░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░
░░░░▐▌▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░
░░░░░█░░▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░░░
╦═╗╔═╗╔══║░║╔═╗░░╦═╗╦░╦═╗░░╦░
║░║╠═╣╠═░║░║║░║░░║░║║░║░║░░║░
╩═╝║░║║░░╚═╝╩╩╝░░╩═╝╩░╩═╝░░╩░
═╦║░║╔═╗═╦═░░╔═╗╔═╗╔═╗╦═╗░╔═╗
░║║░║╚═╗░║░░░╠╦╝╠╣░╠═╣║░║░░╔╝
╚╝╚═╝╚═╝░║░░░║╚═╚═╝║░║╩═╝░░▄░
Old 04-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #15

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
As I was buying the 'Runner, I got a killer offer on that BMW. They dropped the price 2 grand and offered me more on the Jeep. The mileage on that wagon scared me though.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #16

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
According to my Torque App, 0-60 in 7.6, uphill.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:29 AM   #17

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Got new wheels and tires last week. 265/70/17 Cooper AT3 on Level 8 MK6 (17x8 0 offset). Modified the mudflaps up front and pushed the fender liner forward to get rid of the rubbing.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #18
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
It look-a good! Congrats, by the way.