SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

2014 4Runner is Hideous!

Old 08-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #321
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure they filed that away in a very important area.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:57 PM   #322
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailDrag View Post
I'm sure they filed that away in a very important area.
They actually do.

These forums are monitored very closely by the manufacturers. The reps don't (or rarely) post, but they do monitor the forums and they do listen to input from the field.

There was a running joke on Dieselplace that GM would void your warranty if you had ever met McRat in person.
Not far from the truth... more than one member had the 3rd degree on a legitimate warranty claim.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:17 PM   #323
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
I like it.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:26 AM   #324
fiercefoxie is on a distinguished road

fiercefoxie's Tacoma Gallery
Oh man that is ugly! I love 4-runners and even seeing them go from the 2000 to 2001 changes was a bit much on me but now this! This is just wrong!
Old 09-22-2013, 02:56 AM   #325
rmarkey is on a distinguished road

rmarkey's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, reminds me of a Juke almost, ugly. The tundra and tacoma got worse too im my opinion. I'll stick to my 4th gen runner or my 2nd gen tundra with V8s!

Even though my runner came pretty much as a fast grocery getter, no clearance at all, now that has been remedied. But the '14, not much you can do for it, other than a whole new grill replacement, then maybe the lights could look mean at those angles...
Old 09-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #326
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarkey View Post
The tundra and tacoma got worse too im my opinion.
Tacoma hasn't changed in 2 years.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #327
rmarkey is on a distinguished road

rmarkey's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, not saying just the '14 tacoma, the last "refresh" was a downgrade with the grill around the lights. The one before that was great, at least they didn't change much.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:56 PM   #328
MEMO CAMPOS is on a distinguished road

MEMO CAMPOS's Tacoma Gallery
Love it or hate it...I love it and cant wait to pick mine up! Full Icon stage 6 is what I have planned. Pics will be up as soon as this goes down!
Old 09-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #329
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMO CAMPOS View Post
Love it or hate it...I love it and cant wait to pick mine up! Full Icon stage 6 is what I have planned. Pics will be up as soon as this goes down!
HOLY SHIT MANG!!! $6k for the stage 6? Sure, it's shiny and looks cool but for around $1k you can get a full OME suspension lift! I did the OME setup on my rig and didn't need the trailing arm's, panhard bar nor the UCA's. Sure the caster was a hair out of spec but everything else aligned perfectly fine. I'm sure $5k could be spent more wisely on say some fresh meats and wheels. Maybe sliders and a bumper.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:06 AM   #330
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
6k?

I would hate to buy it then want to build it in to something "my own" but stuck because I sunk money into it and don't want to take the hit.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #331
Trophy Van
LTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
LTDSC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
HOLY SHIT MANG!!! $6k for the stage 6? Sure, it's shiny and looks cool but for around $1k you can get a full OME suspension lift! I did the OME setup on my rig and didn't need the trailing arm's, panhard bar nor the UCA's. Sure the caster was a hair out of spec but everything else aligned perfectly fine. I'm sure $5k could be spent more wisely on say some fresh meats and wheels. Maybe sliders and a bumper.
not many people want to ride like a tank and want/need the resi and coilovers. OME is cheaper for a reason. They ride like tanks and are bright yellow.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:58 PM   #332
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDSC View Post
not many people want to ride like a tank and want/need the resi and coilovers. OME is cheaper for a reason. They ride like tanks and are bright yellow.
Oh wait, are billie 5100's better then because they are silver?

Having never had the opportunity to ride in a tank I can't make the association. What I can say is, I really enjoy the ride, I don't miss the serious nose dive under hard braking, I like that I paid $900 for 3" of suspension lift and it's OME which is a really good suspension that was built to specs from the design of a pretty solid company. Ok, it's yellow and IDGAF because it does what I expect it to.

If you're going to drop $6k on a suspension system and think you'll be able to do the "pre running, raptor style offloading" because you've got remote resi's, fancy trailing arms and UCA's in a $40K SUV I can guarantee the $6k suspension will be the least of your worries after your first trip.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:06 AM   #333
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
Its amphibious! look its got the gills right there! now the 4runner really is ALL Terrain..

^^ tomtom ^^ i think they drank the fluid that came out of my 81 the last time it croaked..

If it wasn't for the gills on the front bumper i would like it a lot more, i wonder if its a trim deal and different models will be available that dont breath under water?
Old 09-27-2013, 05:51 AM   #334
2011trdyota is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
2011trdyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
If this is what our long awaited 3rd gen is going to look like on the front end then good bye Tacoma!

Looks photoshopped those are frs headlights
Old 09-27-2013, 06:00 AM   #335
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011trdyota View Post
Im 90 % sure your right, and the rest of the body minus the front grill is awful familiar.

thats a relief!
Old 09-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #336
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
It really doesn't look bad to me. I took a long hard look at it and with an off road bumper it will pretty awesome
Old 09-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #337
OKJC is a jewel in the roughOKJC is a jewel in the roughOKJC is a jewel in the roughOKJC is a jewel in the rough
Name: Justin
OKJC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
If this is what our long awaited 3rd gen is going to look like on the front end then good bye Tacoma!

My first thoughts. That being said, I like it. A lot more than Brandon Carter or anything else involved with Texas Tech.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:15 AM   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011trdyota View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konvict KROG View Post
Im 90 % sure your right, and the rest of the body minus the front grill is awful familiar.

thats a relief!
Sadly, it's not a photoshop... straight from Toyota's site.

http://www.toyota.com/content/future-vehicles/4runner/large/4runner-5.jpg

Old 10-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #339
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered an MGM limited...
Much better looking than the SR5.

Nautical blue found on Google...
Old 10-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #340
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMO CAMPOS View Post
Sounds awesome . Do it . Check out to see if they offer the 2.5" rr rear shocks with CDC . My buddy just put some on his 3rd gen 4 runner with ome springs and it runs good.