SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

2014 4Runner is Hideous!

Old 12-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #481
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyTacomaDust View Post
Yes need pics and details please. Also, Congrats! Trails Rock.

I test drove a 2014 SR5 today. Somebody was just pulling off of the lot in the only Trail Premium in the state as I was pulling in. Wanted to test drive it but don't want white.

They have a Black Trail coming into tomorrow I'm going to test drive. I gotta say I was very impressed with the SR5. . .
We didn't want white either. Went with the Magnetic Grey Metallic. They are hard to come by down here too. I actually put a down payment on a Nautical Blue and listed my wife's car on Craigslist. I sold it within two days and needed something before the Nautical Blue came in. Someone backed out of a deal on the MGM, so I went ahead and jumped. We got the Trail premium package with no additional options. It's a pretty nice vehicle inside and out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
I bet you will be sold on the trail. Although the 2014 trails don't look as different from the SR5s compared to the 2010-2013s.
The only real outward differences are the bottom of the front bumper, the hood scoop and the rims. Other than that, I can't really tell a difference. I think the roof rack is different and I think the SR5 has a little less ground clearance because of some plastic on the bottom.

However, the SR5 doesn't have crawl control, terrain select or a locking rear differential. I don't plan on putting it into any sticky situations just for the sake of testing it out, but we do vacation in some relatively remote locations where I think the rear diff will come in handy.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:15 PM   #482
EatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EatMyTacomaDust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyTaco View Post
We didn't want white either. Went with the Magnetic Grey Metallic. They are hard to come by down here too. I actually put a down payment on a Nautical Blue and listed my wife's car on Craigslist. I sold it within two days and needed something before the Nautical Blue came in. Someone backed out of a deal on the MGM, so I went ahead and jumped. We got the Trail premium package with no additional options. It's a pretty nice vehicle inside and out.
Man you lucked out on the MGM, that Nautical Blue is a great color but so is MGM. I drove a Black Trail with KDSS today and it was Awesome. Much better than the SR5 especially in the suspension dept. I was VERY IMPRESSED.

We are wanting a Black Trail Premium with KDSS and had the option of having one driven over from the dealer in Spokane OR wait about 3 weeks for the one that is already on the way to the dealer. Just finalizing numbers now. I'm trying to get more out of the deal although I feel they are very close to where I wanted to be before I even went in.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:19 PM   #483
BRVCKBLVCK is on a distinguished road
BRVCKBLVCK's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a woman's SUV
Old 12-31-2013, 11:26 PM   #484
Loco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Loco38SUP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
I finally got my hideous 2014 4runner!
The limited version looks good...I saw the other one in person and
I can't believe the two look so different.

RJM
Old 12-31-2013, 11:53 PM   #486
Goflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Goflight2's Tacoma Gallery
Love the interior. Think it's called Soft-tex. Black with red stitching. Very cool.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #488
LTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
LTDSC's Tacoma Gallery
i just wish car companies would make the seats go down not start high and go higher. Tall people problems.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:44 PM   #489
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goflight2 View Post
Love the interior. Think it's called Soft-tex. Black with red stitching. Very cool.
Replace that softex with leather asap. I hate saoftex and from my experience with it I would say Toyota has officially cheaped out.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:40 PM   #490
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wife's 2014 hideous Trail Premium.

Any changes in the multi terrain select or crawl control for the 2014s?
Old 01-12-2014, 07:52 PM   #491
Mujtaballa has much to be proud ofMujtaballa has much to be proud ofMujtaballa has much to be proud ofMujtaballa has much to be proud ofMujtaballa has much to be proud ofMujtaballa has much to be proud ofMujtaballa has much to be proud ofMujtaballa has much to be proud ofMujtaballa has much to be proud of
Mujtaballa's Tacoma Gallery
MAN i miss those orange DRLS!!!! Looks decent tho
Old 01-12-2014, 08:44 PM   #492
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujtaballa View Post
MAN i miss those orange DRLS!!!! Looks decent tho

I can take them or leave them. I'm not sure it adds much to the look.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:58 PM   #494

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
I'm glad my tacoma doesn't have them....i wouldn't use them. They are kind of hit or miss. They look okay on a red runner but kind of strange on the other colors. I prefer no DTRLs.

Had a car where the headlights were on permanently....HATED it...

I agree. I guess the good thing is when you turn on your headlights, the orange DTRL turn off. The pic above kind of looks like my headlights are on but its the LEDs tapped into the DTRL wires.

Here is with the headlights on:
Attached Thumbnails
2014 4Runner is Hideous!-img_1664.jpg  
Old 01-12-2014, 09:44 PM   #495
Mama didn't raise no fool
slaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant future

Air Force: Veteran
Name: Travis
slaphappy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
I can take them or leave them. I'm not sure it adds much to the look.

Awesome 4Runner dude
Old 01-12-2014, 09:50 PM   #496

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3 View Post
Awesome 4Runner dude

Thanks man!
Old 01-13-2014, 06:14 AM   #497
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Wife's 2014 hideous Trail Premium.

This is exactly what ours looks like, only we traded the tires in at Discount Tire for an All Terrain. They didn't have the General Grabbers in stock, so I had to settle on the Nitto Terra Grapplers.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:23 AM   #498
camojared is a jewel in the roughcamojared is a jewel in the roughcamojared is a jewel in the roughcamojared is a jewel in the rough
Name: Jared
camojared's Tacoma Gallery
I was unsure about this front end, but I saw one in person the other day and dont think they look bad at all!
Old 01-13-2014, 06:31 AM   #499
Quote:
Originally Posted by camojared View Post
I was unsure about this front end, but I saw one in person the other day and dont think they look bad at all!
definitely looks better in person than in pictures.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:54 AM   #500
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
I saw one in person when looking at T4Rs for the wife. Honestly they look a lot better in person. Ended with a low mileage 2011, but would have been just as happy with a 2013