SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

2014 4Runner is Hideous!

Old 04-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #161
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerTaco View Post
My question is, if they offer a V8 and V6 4runner, then who needs a sequoia or highlander??
They don't. Only v6 in 5th gens
Old 04-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #162
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
If you want a V8 in a 4Runner platform, you'll have to upgrade to something uglier...

Old 04-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #163
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerTaco View Post
My question is, if they offer a V8 and V6 4runner, then who needs a sequoia or highlander??
Highlander is a "crossover"
It's for families who don't want to admit to owning a Sienna
The Sequoia is for people who want an even bigger, uglier SUV than the 4Runner.

Wife has an '04 Rav4. Next vehicle, the decision will be between the newer Rav4 or Highlander.
Toyota just put the final nail in the 4Runner coffin for us. If I don't replace the Taco with another pickup, my next will be an FJ.
Shame. I had an '08 4Runner company car at my last job and I loved that truck to death. My buddy "inherited" it when the lease ran out on his Explorer... the company turned the Explorers back in, but they bought out the leases on the two 4Runners.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #164
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
If you want a V8 in a 4Runner platform, you'll have to upgrade to something uglier...

I'd buy that before I'd buy the '14 4Runner.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #165
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post

Yea its funny people bitch about the 14 runner being so bad. Look around at the rest of SUVs. Look at the 2013 Ford explorer holy shit it looks like a Subaru tribeca. Or how about the 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. I remember when that thing was bad ass not now. New 4 runner still looks way better than the 2013 Xterras. Or perhaps people will be happier with a 2013 Chevy Equinox. Its still a Toyota and its still fu#king awesome.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 4Runner is Hideous!-imagescam7jk0s.jpg   2014 4Runner is Hideous!-2013-nissan-pathfinder-lead.jpg   2014 4Runner is Hideous!-imagescaaxxy07.jpg   2014 4Runner is Hideous!-2013_chevrolet_equinox_4dr-suv_ltz_fq_oem_2_500.jpg  
Old 04-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
Yea its funny people bitch about the 14 runner being so bad. Look around at the rest of SUVs. Look at the 2013 Ford explorer holy shit it looks like a Subaru tribeca. Or how about the 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. I remember when that thing was bad ass not now. New 4 runner still looks way better than the 2013 Xterras. Or perhaps people will be happier with a 2013 Chevy Equinox. Its still a Toyota and its still fu#king awesome.
Didn't say I liked any of them

But we have to blame the insurance industry and modern safety standards.

SUVs and pickups with their tall front ends and high approach angles are deadly in side-impact collisions with vehicles lacking side airbags.
So the manufacturers are being forced by modern safety standards to lower their bumper heights (primarily front) so vehicles are "better matched"

Of course, the result makes the front end look like the front of a cab-over Semi.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:57 AM   #168
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
Some people arent happy unless they are bitchin about something.. Oh toyota never changes and then when they do oh why did they do that. lol
Old 05-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #169
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
post 2004 i hate toyota designs. there i said it.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #170
neoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neoflex's Tacoma Gallery
The mid-size SUV markets looks have gone to sh*t with the present and upcoming model years. I think Nissan owners have the biggest gripe to bitch about as the new Pathfinder is hideous and I would gladly take a '14 Runner over that terd. I would have thought Toyota would have offered more interior space with the 2014 as the 2014 Highlander seems to be more accommodating to families now than the 4Runner which is surprising. Curious to see if the Highlander will out price the Runner now. We had an 08 4Runner that we were out growing and I would have loved to put my wife in a new one a little over a year and a half ago but the third row option is a joke and once you deploy that third row there is virtually no storage space left which made the Runner a no go for us. Sadly we ended up with GM junk and bought an Acadia Denali which GMC also took the opportunity to destroy the looks of a once somewhat decent looking mid-size SUV. The trend now seems to be, the uglier the better. Too bad for Pontiac as they were too early to the party with the hideousness of the Asstek.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #171

Well I love our 2011 trail. Most bad ass machine we've ever owned for sure. Could not be more happy with it
Old 05-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #172
jamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nice
Name: james
jamesinkeys's Tacoma Gallery
Grew on me...took all of nine pages for me to get on board. Hope the gen 3 looks this good. waiting two years for the gen 3...........
Old 05-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #173
sodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant future

sodoscott's Tacoma Gallery
Shieet
Old 05-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #174

Anyone know what the 14 trail is going to look like? I'm guessing same with trail trim, nav, kdss, etc??
Old 05-04-2013, 05:18 AM   #175
Plain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Plain Jane Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I kinda like it.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #176
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Everybody needs to calm the EFF down! You'll be fine.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #177
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
I dig it. Remember how many people didnt like the new Tacoma nose and now do?
Old 05-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Good call. Looks awesome
Old 05-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Okay, that's decent.

Operating under a big assumption that the body panels allow for a straight cutoff at that point. The original photo doesn't look like it, so now we're talking cutting and painting.

Stock front end still looks like shit.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #180
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Okay, that's decent.

Operating under a big assumption that the body panels allow for a straight cutoff at that point. The original photo doesn't look like it, so now we're talking cutting and painting.

Stock front end still looks like shit.
You already have to cut on the current 10-13 5th gens