SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Which would you get rid of?

Old 05-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Which would you get rid of?

Thinking about picking up a '13 Trail sooner than later.

Currently have my '07 Pre-runner DCLB (paid off) and a 09 CRV (less than 8k left).

Going back and forth with my wife on which vehicle we should get rid of.

Saw a 4runner pulling in yesterday in one of our typical Hawaii parking lots, and, knew that the CRV would be a better "small run to the store" kind of SUV..

Do we use the bed? Yes, but not always. Surf boards can go on top, we don't buy heavy home improvement stuff all the time (like before), and for the last 4.5 or so years, have had a camper shell that has never come off..

Also, will go trail edition or probably not at all.. want the 4 wheel drive and the lockers, which will see only some small off-road here, but since my wife is from the mainland, than a move is always being tossed around..
Old 05-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
Nickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Diego
Nickel's Tacoma Gallery
One truck, one SUV. You can always take the shell off if needed. Plus it's nice to put things in the bed, and not have deal with them while in the cab. Load something smelly or wet in an SUV and your SUV is never the same. Just my opinion.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
4Runner hooligan
Kevin B. is on a distinguished road

Kevin B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I would get rid of the Taco. One good mileage little CRV to scoot around town in, one 4WD for towing and playing.

Then put something smelly in the back right away so that it'll never be the same and you won't be afraid to use it as an SUV instead of a mall queen.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
Nickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Diego
Nickel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin B. View Post
I would get rid of the Taco. One good mileage little CRV to scoot around town in, one 4WD for towing and playing.

Then put something smelly in the back right away so that it'll never be the same and you won't be afraid to use it as an SUV instead of a mall queen.
Lol!
I have two yellow labs, and they get wet and stinky daily, so for me, they have to be separated from the cab, because I don't want to be smelling them on the 35 minute drive home from the ranch!
Old 05-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
The bad thing about the CRV is that the gas isn't as good as I wished it was. Other than that, it is a nice little SUV.

The new 4runner will be on a overnight fishing trip or two, so bound to smell a bit (before good clean-up.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #6
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel View Post
Load something smelly or wet in an SUV and your SUV is never the same. Just my opinion.
x2!
Old 05-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #7

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like the 4runner will be a no go for awhile.. Went to check out the trail yesterday. It would have to take place of the CRV as for our life style, we need more bed space than the 4runner has.. Even a short bed Tacoma would be pushing it, but is definitely an option...

Still really want a trail.. (probably because of the "awesome" factor)..