SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Is this a scam?

Old 08-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #21
FTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
FTD's Tacoma Gallery
The military does not hand-deliver vehicles that servicemembers sell. Although it sure would be nice if they did.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #22
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Oh I know....it took my truck 3 weeks to get from Louisiana to Alaska. Was a hassle. Having it shipped to my door in 2 - 4 days from Washington to Louisiana free of cost was way too good to be true.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #23
justindavis is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
justindavis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSin View Post
E bay does not have a financial department to handle 3rd party sales.

Several months ago I saw an ad for a Chevrolet pickup being sold by a single woman who moved from Minnesota to NJ, was broke, needed money and wanted to fund it through E-bay Financial. I sent an email and asked if I can look at it first as it wasn't far from where I lived.

I received a response that I was to give her a certified check and that the truck was out of state and she would pay for the shipping. I responded that I will not give her money for a vehicle I cannot look at and that I thought you said you were broke, wouldn't the shipping be more than the deposit? I never heard back.
Same thing happened to me about four years ago. Found a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee on CL, and the seller just happened to be on the other side of town. Emailed her, and got a return email about as long as the one provided. She wanted me to send her a certified check and she would have the GC sent to me. I asked why I couldn't just come look at it and pay her then, and she explained that, even though she was living in Birmingham at the time, the vehicle was being stored in a facility in Oregon. Pure and utter BS.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #24
I can resist everything except temptation
SamSin is just really niceSamSin is just really niceSamSin is just really niceSamSin is just really niceSamSin is just really nice

Air Force: Air Commando - 1st Air Commando Wing
Name: Jersey
SamSin's Tacoma Gallery
Some of us have enough sense to figure out a scam, some don't . . . I'm glad I'm not in the don't pile.

Anyone who falls for the E-bay financial line . . . I'll invest the money for you. Just contact me and I'll have you get in touch with Tacoma World's Financial Department.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #25
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSin View Post
Some of us have enough sense to figure out a scam, some don't . . . I'm glad I'm not in the don't pile.

Anyone who falls for the E-bay financial line . . . I'll invest the money for you. Just contact me and I'll have you get in touch with Tacoma World's Financial Department.
Deal, I'll have my secretary send you a check for $15,000. I only want to invest $10k though. With my bank, I get a tax break for $15k withdraws. If you could, just send me $4500 back and keep $500 for your troubles.

Thanks
Old 08-27-2013, 09:02 PM   #26
PBR Streetgang has a spectacular aura aboutPBR Streetgang has a spectacular aura about
Name: Andrew
PBR Streetgang's Tacoma Gallery
You could have some fun with it, make up some story about why it would be better to send cash via Western Union, but you can only send $1000 this week and the rest when you get paid later or some other b.s. Then find the address of a Western Union near where he wants to get the money and give him the runaround about the confirmation number or the delivery date. I heard a story on NPR a few years ago about guys who scam the Nigerian email scammers. They convinced two Nigerian scammers to go to Darfur in the middle of a civil war, and the emails and phone calls were hilarious.

But you would probably be wasting your time.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:46 AM   #27
I can resist everything except temptation
SamSin is just really niceSamSin is just really niceSamSin is just really niceSamSin is just really niceSamSin is just really nice

Air Force: Air Commando - 1st Air Commando Wing
Name: Jersey
SamSin's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not really ready to go on the lam into hiding at this point . . . I'd rather go phishing.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #28
AiRo is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
AiRo's Tacoma Gallery
Theyre all the same but the first sentence always tells me its a scam. Plus ONLY the 5th gen 4runners come with third row seating.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #29
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
It's a scam...fuck with him haha
Old 09-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #30
IndianScout is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianScout is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianScout is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianScout is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianScout is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianScout is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianScout is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianScout is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianScout is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianScout is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianScout is one of the sharper tools in the shed
IndianScout's Tacoma Gallery
coincident? could be..

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Flor...n.2156116.html

I'd run like hell from that..
Old 09-21-2013, 11:09 PM   #31
hearno is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
hearno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiRo View Post
Theyre all the same but the first sentence always tells me its a scam. Plus ONLY the 5th gen 4runners come with third row seating.
Not true.

http://www.toyota120.com/html/4runner.html
Old 09-21-2013, 11:14 PM   #32
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Hey if you have to ask if its a scam, it's a scam.