SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Is this a scam?

Old 08-27-2013, 06:34 AM   #1
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Is this a scam?

So I was just looking around on Craigslist and saw this 2005 4runner for $2465.....

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/ctd/3995647906.html

I sent an email to the seller and this is the response I got back....

What are y'all thoughts?
Old 08-27-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
guitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zach
guitarjamman's Tacoma Gallery
Absolutely a scam, go no further. When something on CL looks too good to be true, it almost always is. With the internet and how quickly people can value something, anything that is thousands below book value is some guy you don't want to do business with.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:38 AM   #4
TacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud of

Name: Jake
TacoBurrito07's Tacoma Gallery
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:39 AM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
No doubt scam
Old 08-27-2013, 06:46 AM   #7
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Scam
Old 08-27-2013, 06:48 AM   #8
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Guessing you're new to Internet/CL?

Just messing with you. Yea, that's about a classic of a scam as you can get.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:50 AM   #9
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
It definitely stinks... the english being slightly off always gives it away.

Tell 'em to get fucked
Old 08-27-2013, 07:02 AM   #10
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
I love the fact that he/she put S.Sgt USAF....who puts that on their personal email????
Old 08-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #12
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
lol there are tons of these on CL. I once saw an ad for two basically brand new Honda Rincons and an atv trailer for like $4,500. Each one of those atvs alone is over $9,000 new.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:38 AM   #14
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
scam happened to my buddy(stupid enough to fall for it) and he paid 3k for an 07 civic si. what an idiot.. lost his money
Old 08-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #15
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Wow the lengths some scumbags will go to scam cash is crazy. People like this should be drawn and quarteted.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #16
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
scam happened to my buddy(stupid enough to fall for it) and he paid 3k for an 07 civic si. what an idiot.. lost his money
I believe people who are stupid enough to fall for this sort of thing, Deserve it.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #17
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBtaco02 View Post
Wow the lengths some scumbags will go to scam cash is crazy. People like this should be drawn and quarteted.
Not a quartet?!

Oh, the humanity!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #18
KnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to beholdKnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to beholdKnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to beholdKnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to beholdKnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to beholdKnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to beholdKnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to beholdKnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
KnoxTac0713's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailDrag View Post
Not a quartet?!

Oh, the humanity!
This made me lol for real.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #19
I can resist everything except temptation
SamSin is just really niceSamSin is just really niceSamSin is just really niceSamSin is just really niceSamSin is just really nice

Air Force: Air Commando - 1st Air Commando Wing
Name: Jersey
SamSin's Tacoma Gallery
E bay does not have a financial department to handle 3rd party sales.

Several months ago I saw an ad for a Chevrolet pickup being sold by a single woman who moved from Minnesota to NJ, was broke, needed money and wanted to fund it through E-bay Financial. I sent an email and asked if I can look at it first as it wasn't far from where I lived.

I received a response that I was to give her a certified check and that the truck was out of state and she would pay for the shipping. I responded that I will not give her money for a vehicle I cannot look at and that I thought you said you were broke, wouldn't the shipping be more than the deposit? I never heard back.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #20

Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSin View Post
E bay does not have a financial department to handle 3rd party sales.

Several months ago I saw an ad for a Chevrolet pickup being sold by a single woman who moved from Minnesota to NJ, was broke, needed money and wanted to fund it through E-bay Financial. I sent an email and asked if I can look at it first as it wasn't far from where I lived.

I received a response that I was to give her a certified check and that the truck was out of state and she would pay for the shipping. I responded that I will not give her money for a vehicle I cannot look at and that I thought you said you were broke, wouldn't the shipping be more than the deposit? I never heard back.
That's like this guy has the ad listed in New Orleans...yet he is in Washington....kind of weird. Said shipping to me was free since its on a base.